Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Option 1:

Check the flag "No recast." This will make it so that the same source (spell, potion, whatever) cannot add the same effect twice, but different sources still stack. If the same source recasts the same effect, the existing effect will be dispelled.

Option 2:

Give your magic effects a unique keyword.

a. If it is a peak actor value archetype magic effect, select your keyword from the drop-down box for parameter 2. Both effects will stay on the actor, but only the strongest will actually apply.

b. If it is a different archetype, check the box for "dispel effects with these keywords." Any effects with the same keyword as yours will be dispelled when any source applies this effect.

Option 1 is best if the effect will only ever be cast from a single source (e.g. special ability that is only available through a single lesser power.)

Option 2 is best if the effect may have multiple sources (e.g. a potion and an enchantment).

Thanks a bunch. I already had the 'No Recast' flag set, which is why I was surprised it was stacking in the first place... I'll add a custom keyword and have it dispel effects with that keyword.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a bunch. I already had the 'No Recast' flag set, which is why I was surprised it was stacking in the first place... I'll add a custom keyword and have it dispel effects with that keyword.

Interesting. I have noticed some oddities with this flag before, specifically that slow time effects get applied before the previous effect is dispelled, so they end up stacking even though the old spell was removed. I thought it was working consistently for fortify/restore/damage spells, though. It could be like the detrimental and recover flags where it only works for some effect types.

Is there some kind of brown retexture for the Northgirl Armor? I keep seeing pictures of people who have brown colored pieces and yet I've been unable to find the sources. Is this just a result of their ENBs or was there a retexture released that I'm apparently overlooking? And if there is, I'd love to have the files for it. :c Please and thank you.

Pictures for reference.

Interesting. I have noticed some oddities with this flag before, specifically that slow time effects get applied before the previous effect is dispelled, so they end up stacking even though the old spell was removed. I thought it was working consistently for fortify/restore/damage spells, though. It could be like the detrimental and recover flags where it only works for some effect types.

I think it might not have been working for mine because I didn't have any keywords on the effects, so it didn't know what to check for to ensure 'No Recast' actually worked. As long as you have keywords on them it probably is more consistent, but I can't be certain. I'm just going to take a guess and say you might need to force a delay on slow time effects being applied to allow it to properly dispel any active slow time effects first. I'm thinking it might just not have time to dispel the running slow time effect before the new one goes into effect because of the time distortion caused by slow time effects.

Is it possible to make a mod that allows the game to randomly select a different body type and texture from a pool to generate for the random NPCs one may encounter while playing? ie: two female bandits attack you, one has an Oppai body with scarred fair skin textures, and the other has a Seraphim body with fitness mature skin texture.

Edited by checkett

checkett : I don't think you can do it without the SkyProc patcher, and I don't use it. For me because I hate to install Java (which it is written in). You can use racemenu bodygen feature to diversify the races and the weights. But I don't think you can pool textures. But I don't know all and I also love to hear if there are more options...

Hi,

After many reads, research, tries and test, I finally ends up here hoping for some help...

Here's what give me some hard time:

I want to add two dialogue options to followers even if they are not currently in following state.

The goal is to manage equipment by moving Npc inventory into custom chest, whose the player can access to change their content.

I've got 7 followers to manage via dialogue options.

They all have their own Chest system.

ChestGears = items to go outside, ready to fight!

ChestRelax = items for interior, or non warrior style.

The dialogue options are:

"All Gears Up!" =

.npc remove all current items,

.move them to ChestRelax,

.then they acquired all items from ChestGears,

.npc equip the new items.

"Let's Relax!" =

.npc remove all current items,

.move them to ChestGears,

.then they acquired all items from ChestRelax,

.npc equip the new items.

Actually, I've try to make quests, but I failed with scripts.

Some function like "UnequipAll" don't compile, I can't manage to make "RemoveAllItems" move items to another container...

I'm missing some better knowledges for now :sad:

So, If someone know something about that I'm ready!.

Thanks in advance.