Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Nevermind. Turns out I wasn't the only one looking for a way to detect how far from the ground an object is(not to be confused with knowing its Z position. It's about wanting to know the Z position of the ground below.) Seems trig can't do it and you need OnAnimationEvent.

Edited by Rasikko

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mod that allows you to wear clothing on top of one another?

Can't seem to find any :sad:

Ex. Archmage's robes with Miraak's mask

This is a side effect that happens to my followers because they change their clothes through script when in player home or outside again. If I give them armor that has a higher value than the one they use through the script, they wear the better armor above their usual one. But this looks weird because they are clipping. So this makes not really sense.

I have a mod that changes the model of the Bound Sword and recently have been noticing that self-effecting spells are causing the sword model to disappear. There's still an effect there, but the shape of the sword itself goes invis. Anyone have a clue what could be causing this? Should I take this question into a larger, dedicated thread?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ,

I am trying to get my follower to respond to Nazeem in Whiterun, when he says his line "Do you get to the cloud district..." I am doing this as a learning exercise and so far I have been able to CTD and freeze my game (all by myself).

What I have is a small mod, player home and follower... a little quest to get said home and follower and now I am trying to have the follower interact with NPC's around skyrim. I found that "Scene's" are what I should be using , so I created a quest, created a scene, added the 2 actors my NPc and Nezeem, here I think I should use Dialogue action not Package action because I want my NPC to respond where ever Nazeem stop and speaks in Whiterun... But when I set this up it does not work. I went as far as to start a new game (for loading resources) ... but nothing.

So How do I get my NPC/follower to respond to Nazeem when he speaks his line?

Mathalor wrote

Hi,

I'd like to change the dragon versions of drain vitality to be affected by resist magic.

Is this something I could do through tesvedit, or will I need to learn the use of the creation kit?

How can I do this?

I suppose that I will just guess and hope it doesn't mess up my game. Trial and Error!

I found DLC1DragonDrainVitalityShout06 and DLC1DragonDrainVitalityShout07 under shouts in dragonborn using tes5edit, but did not find a reference to resistance. I looked up magic effects and found three entries for dragon drain vitality, and changed the resist entry to magic resist for each.

Hope this works.

Edited by Mathalor

OK how about a different question...

How can I get access to Nazeem's voice lines (the actual files)?? I believe they are in Data\sound\voice\skyrim.esm\MaleCondescending\ But following that I get to Skyrim.esm folder and nothing after... so I am guessing I have to get inside the real Skyrim.esm ???

Any help? Come on cdcooley and IsharaMeradin you both have been so helpful in the past any idea's

OK how about a different question...

How can I get access to Nazeem's voice lines (the actual files)?? I believe they are in Data\sound\voice\skyrim.esm\MaleCondescending\ But following that I get to Skyrim.esm folder and nothing after... so I am guessing I have to get inside the real Skyrim.esm ???

Any help? Come on cdcooley and IsharaMeradin you both have been so helpful in the past any idea's

I believe the actual voice files are in the Voices.bsa. You can use the Voice File Reference Tool to find the exact lines spoken by any NPC or voice types. It can be found on the Nexus just type it in the search box.

Is there a easy way (non Script way) to have quest run only once every 24 hours?

I have a quest to shower anytime between 4 and 8pm, with other conditions (must be alive, must be in location), but once it meets all conditions and runs I do not want it to run or check to be run again until the next day. How best to handle this?

Aragorn58@ Yes you are right I got the voice file thank you.

Is there a easy way (non Script way) to have quest run only once every 24 hours?

I have a quest to shower anytime between 4 and 8pm, with other conditions (must be alive, must be in location), but once it meets all conditions and runs I do not want it to run or check to be run again until the next day. How best to handle this?

Aragorn58@ Yes you are right I got the voice file thank you.

You might want to check out the Story Manager. It is the only way I know of outside of script monitoring for 'auto' starting quests when certain conditions are met.