Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Trying to make statics move; they're not moving. Think they need the moveable keyword, but I don't know how to give it to them. My scripts are all steup using the <ObjectRef>.TranslatetoRef() function but don't work and am currently assuming the keyword is the issue. Anyone know what's going on or how to add these keywords to statics? Trying to avoid having to create an activator because the meshes I'm trying to move have dynamic materials on them.

They have to be Movable Statics. Not being sarcastic. There is actually an Object category in the Object Window that contains all forms that are movable statics, called "Movable Static".

If they are not movable statics, they cannot be moved, with any of the movement based functions, with MoveTo()/SetPosition()/SetAngle() being the exception I think, but that blinks objects.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I change the skin color of the character or hair color? I want to make the skin darker and the hair light grey, and revert them after certain conditions are met.

Also, can I use this:

http://www.creationkit.com/FindClosestReferenceOfType_-_Game

To find the closest ARROW PROJ to my actor, then play a magic effect? I guess that will apply to arrows that are on the ground as well, won't it.. or do they become AMMO when they hit the ground?

http://www.creationkit.com/TranslateToRef_-_ObjectReference

And how can I make a spell that uses the above function that uses the cursor as the position for the function?

Edited by Kerberus14

Question:

I recently discovered a mod called Scary Ghosts http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36525/? It makes ghost mobs immune to ordinary weapons.

What I need to do is a patch for Immersive Creatures so that new mobs like Dwemer Spectres, Liches, and new ghosts will also be affected by Scary Ghosts mod.

I have never been into modding, but I tryied to change it myself using TESVSnip, I have opened those 2 esps and copied ghost _NPCs from Icreatures to Scary Ghosts esp, then I saved edited SG esp. That was pretty simple, but then I tried to open new esp with TEsVSnip - it refused and said there are some errors in ompression method or something...

Could someone familiar with modding advice me what program to use and what is the simpliest way to make a patch like this ??

Thanks in advance

Edited by Zheka88

Question:

I recently discovered a mod called Scary Ghosts http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36525/? It makes ghost mobs immune to ordinary weapons.

What I need to do is a patch for Immersive Creatures so that new mobs like Dwemer Spectres, Liches, and new ghosts will also be affected by Scary Ghosts mod.

I have never beed into modding, but I tryied to change it myself using TESVSnip, I have opened those 2 esps and copied ghost _NPCs from Icreatures to Scary Ghosts esp, then I saved edited SG esp. That was pretty simple, but then I tried to open new esp with TEsVSnip - it refused and said there are some errors in ompression method or something...

Could someone familiar with modding advice me what program to use and what is the simpliest way to make a patch like this ??

Thanks in advance

I am not sure how to make the patch but DO NOT USE TESSNIP EVER. It's been known for corrupting files for some time now.

Trying to make statics move; they're not moving. Think they need the moveable keyword, but I don't know how to give it to them. My scripts are all steup using the <ObjectRef>.TranslatetoRef() function but don't work and am currently assuming the keyword is the issue. Anyone know what's going on or how to add these keywords to statics? Trying to avoid having to create an activator because the meshes I'm trying to move have dynamic materials on them.

They have to be Movable Statics. Not being sarcastic. There is actually an Object category in the Object Window that contains all forms that are movable statics, called "Movable Static".

If they are not movable statics, they cannot be moved, with any of the movement based functions, with MoveTo()/SetPosition()/SetAngle() being the exception I think, but that blinks objects.

Will I be able to make a movable static with the dynamic snow texture on it? I'll look into this, thanks for the post.

I have a weird issue with formlists.

What I want:

When the player places an item into a container, the item's base form is added to a formlist.

When the player clicks a button, however many of that form are on the player get moved to the container.

What I have:

When the player places an item into a container, the item's base form is added to a formlist. (Confirmed using console.)

When the player clicks a button, however many of that form are on the player get moved to the container, UNLESS that form is dynamically created (e.g. a crafted potion).

The weirdness:

The exact same method has worked just fine for me before, but doesn't anymore for some reason.

In my previous mod I had found that using "PlayerREF.RemoveItem(Formlist, 999, true, DestinationContainer)" ignored dynamically created forms, so I resorted to walking the formlist which worked just fine. In my current mod, BOTH methods ignore dynamic forms.

Does anybody have any insight?

Edited by lofgren

Will I be able to make a movable static with the dynamic snow texture on it? I'll look into this, thanks for the post.

I don't know about the texture, but for the static, it is possible, but you gotta change something in its nif file. Unfortunately, I can't get the information on this, since search is broken on the official boards.

Edited by Terra Nova

CK - LANDSCAPING QUESTION

In CK when i am editing the landscape, if I change something by mistake, most of the time "ctrl + z" doesn't do undo process. Is there a way to keep some area under protection from editing?