Who do you consider the greatest Skyrim modder? Have you heard of Trainwiz?

Qwesar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I even think that Skyrim modders would not be as "great" without the modders who proived guidance and information on modding older games such as Morrowind and Oblivion.

This 100%. The Oblivion modders in particular were forefront in pushing and discovering what could be done with modding, and achieved incredible things. Most if not all incredible things done in Skyrim modding were already originally done in Oblivion modding.

Edited by Guest

Besides, you miss the point that he probably doesn't want to come back, I got banned for far far worse and justifiably so, had to get my life in order etc, appealed, and was unbanned. While some bans come off as harsh etc they do (at least in my case) listen to appeals etc, and seeing as his ban seemed mild he probably just doesn't want to come back but still reap the rewards of the community through proxy uploaders.

Also he has publicly trashed my work on dragonbreak and the discworld project on his tumblr etc, he is a great modder but great person etc? Nah :tongue:

Also calling his the most ambitios is a bit fanboy, have you even looked at some of the WIP's usually on the front page, medieval, Immersive quests, Panomiac the one with shivering isles, etc, can even pat my own back and add discworld to the list, it already has 12+ hours of content, new spells locations 2900 lines of audio, and phase 2 is looking like 15+ more, honestly besides the skwind and beyond skyrim people I am probably the most ambitious modder and that's only cause I am a idiot and decided to start biting on a mammoth like a flea and my goal was to devour the whole thing, in too deep to get out now! :tongue:

Also part of what I love seeing as well is modders working together, a lot of that is happening now with group projects etc and even behind the scenes, ya one guy might do a lot but I'm pretty sure if you look at it he had help as well, like most of us with massive projects need, flouting his stuff to his credit alone is irksome, it is actually irksome when people praise my mods by praising me because I had voice actors, writers, modelers, dungeon designers, music composers, scripting help, etc. But sadly the people who get the most praise are the publisher, but where would they be without the support and the tutoring of some aspect they almost 100% received at some point when modding. Ya I may have done the lions share of the work, but sometimes I was limping and the cubs brought me some fresh deer mkay :smile:

You are right.

Good luck with your project guys! Hopefully it goes smooth. And to anyone that is working on everything big.

Personally, I think ALL modders are amazing. To take an idea and make it happen is no easy thing. And it would be far harder if it were not for the generous nature of each of you (yes, You! You lovely person). I should know, I'm a dim wit when it comes to certain.areas, and yet there is always someone somewhere who is willing to pass on their knowledge. Gawd bless yas ol

I think it's impossible to select one modder as "the greatest". I'm a huge fan of several different modders, most of them for very different reasons.

I'd feel like I was doing him a personal disservice if I didn't mention Gopher. And not just for his mods themselves (though iHUD is just as valuable to me as the Unofficial Patches), but for the effort he puts into his multiple video series' as well. I wouldn't be half as comfortable using mods without his videos. Huge fan.

Elianora has done some outstanding work with house mods, a category I was never particularly impressed with until I stumbled across her work. Sure, there are a handful of other really good house mods out there, but few of them really hold a candle to her pretty damned spotless track record, IMO.

Several of kryptopyr's mods are some of my absolute favourites, especially Timing Is Everything and the his entire set of crafting mods.

Those are just a very small few of the authors whose work I appreciate most. There are literally dozens of others. Even I couldn't write a post long enough to list them all.

TL;DR Trainwiz banned and we have to say he sucks or else.

At least that's what I've gathered so far.

Mods he made are properly sick, though, but I wouldn't call him the best.

Edited by delta51dog

TL;DR Trainwiz banned and we have to say he sucks or else.

At least that's what I've gathered so far.

Mods he made are properly sick, though, but I wouldn't call him the best.

Of course you dont, you just can not emulate him by being a douche about him being banned.

Was that the worst offense I have seen a modder do, no. But was it unneeded and rude yup. You dont have to like it when a modder is banned, but you do have to accept its not your call either. After all we all agreed to the same rules when we signed up on Nexus.

And like stated, others, myself included, with worse offenses have gotten their accounts re-instated. But likely he doesn't want it or isnt willing to change at all to get it back. The funny thing is he is willing to use the nexus to host still through proxys.

Trainwiz is from what I can see a great modder, I will never personally d/l and play his stuff because A: I don't have all the DLC and B: he has been a douche about my mods and I personally do not see any reason to support his.

Not saying he sucks as a modder but ya I think he sucks as a person lol