New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

Ok so maybe this is a stupid question since it likely the character models in Fallout 3/NV can't be animated in such a way but does anyone know if there is a mod that allows you to pet the dog like Fallout 4? I know it's not important to gameplay but I always want to give Rex, Roxey, and FO3 Dogmeat a pat on the head and tell them what good boy/girl they are. :happy:

Edited by Relenanator

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, is there any way that i got this perk while i had a certain mod enabled and then i disabled the mod but the perk stayed to my character?

Yes, that is possible. But in that instance the Perk has been "baked" into your save game files. If that is the case, the best solution I can think of is to go back to a save game before you had added that Perk. Second best would be to identify the "Base-ID" of the Perk from the mod (re-enable it in your load order and then load only it into FNVEdit, scroll down the left-hand pane that mod, <Left-click> on the "+" to the left of it to expand it, scroll down to the "Perk" category and <Left-click> on the "+" to the left of it). Look up the "Editor-ID" and the corresponding "FormID" column contains the "Base-ID". (I've seen mixed information as to whether to use the "Base-ID" or the "Editor-ID". The GECKWiki example uses the "Editor-ID", so note both and try the other if you encounter problems.)

Leaving the mod in your load order, restart the game and then you can try the console command "Player.removeperk <Base-ID>" (without the quotes or <angle braces>). Check your SPECIAL stats to see if the Perk is gone. If so, then perform a "Clean Save" as laid out in the 'Clean Saves' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

-Dubious-

i'm trying but i can't really understand what should i do..

I don't really see how I can explain it any more clearly. Choose to either go back to a save-game prior to adding that mod, or use FNVEdit.

In the case of using FNVEdit, I laid out a step-by-step approach. This is not the place to carry out a long troubleshooting discussion. Create a new topic in the "Technical Support" sub-forum, reference/link this thread, and explain:

What is not clear?

Where are you getting confused?

Please remember, we can't see what you are doing. We have to rely upon the accuracy of your descriptions. Screenshots might be needed. If so, please see the "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article.

-Dubious-

i want to share this info about the problem i had. even when the perk "Veteran Mercenary" gone from my perk list by removing it from "Deserters Fortress" mod using FNVEdit, the effect of the perk stayed. So, i had to reinstall the Deserters Fortress mod and i used these commands: "player.addperk 0BD2EEB6" and then the "player.removeperk 0BD2EEB6", now the perk gone and its effect too

thanks to Dubious for the help

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here have file of solid project and item broswer?

The author has hidden ALL of his files. No explanation provided. He was last active on 20 Feb 2019.

FYI: Please note providing copyrighted files without the author's explicit permission is "illegal distribution" and a violation of Nexus Terms and Policies. Repeatedly asking elsewhere on the Nexus is going to get you the same official response (but I am not "official"; ask a moderator for the official word though it is spelled out in the linked Terms), and persisting to ask might possibly be considered "soliciting an illegal act". Just a friendly word of caution.

-Dubious-

• 2 months later...

Okay I hope Im doing this right, but, I -swear- I saw a clothing mod recently that basically made the female clothing wearable for men, and vice versa. You know how in new vegas if you put on "formal clothing" and if youre playing a female character, its a dress, but you're playing a male character, its a tux? This mod basically make it so a tux was a tux no matter what gender you were playing as, and a dress is a dress.

I am looking for a male variant of miss fortunes outfit to fulfil a request for someone. is that a mod, or did I dream that?

I thought I knew which mod you were recalling when you mentioned it was recent ("Pre-War Businesswear Fix for Type 3"), but that only affects "businesswear" and not "formal attire". It's a "Type 3" variant of an older mod which is linked in it's description.

Didn't find any male version of the "Miss Fortune" outfit.

-Dubious-