New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know which quest mod added a NPC right next to the Strip entrance close to the squatters in Freeside, who gives the courier a quest to check on his caravan belongings that he lost somewhere, and bring them back to him? I really have no idea if this was a big, or small quest mod, or if it had any other content.

Edited by Matrimelee

Are you sure it was a mod? That sounds suspiciously like the Debt Collector quest in the vanilla game. You get the quest from Francine in the Atomic Wrangler and have three debts to collect. One of the debts is from a caravan trader who is located right next to the Strip entrance. This trader gives you a quest to retrieve the debt from the trader's caravan, which is in Broc Flower Cave (there are other options to collect the debt from the trader as well).

The only major difference between this quest and your description is that your trader is a "him", where the trader in the game is Lady Jane, who is obviously a "her".

Lady Jane doesn't spawn until you get the Debt Collector quest from Francine Garret.

If this isn't the quest that you are referring to, do you remember any details about this trader or where the caravan was located, or any other details that might help us narrow this down?

Are you sure it was a mod? That sounds suspiciously like the Debt Collector quest in the vanilla game. You get the quest from Francine in the Atomic Wrangler and have three debts to collect. One of the debts is from a caravan trader who is located right next to the Strip entrance. This trader gives you a quest to retrieve the debt from the trader's caravan, which is in Broc Flower Cave (there are other options to collect the debt from the trader as well).

The only major difference between this quest and your description is that your trader is a "him", where the trader in the game is Lady Jane, who is obviously a "her".

Lady Jane doesn't spawn until you get the Debt Collector quest from Francine Garret.

If this isn't the quest that you are referring to, do you remember any details about this trader or where the caravan was located, or any other details that might help us narrow this down?

It actually was that quest. Oh god, I feel stupid now. I should really restrict my playtime in the Capitol.

Thanks for the help!

Hi. I wanted to know if there are mods that make first person hands nicer. Not the hands themselfs, but the textures of various armors and clothes in high resolution. All mods I know of make changes to "world model", but I really tired of seeing those blurry, low-res textures in first person.

Edited by TheGuyWithDeadEyes

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I'm trying to figure out exactly what mod something is from (after seeing it's load order, first two numbers part of it's ID thing indicate that it was apart of a mod it wasn't). It's a note labeled "Sermon Excerpt" found infront of the Old Mormon Fort sign, and it basically talks about how the local citizenry need to rise up to defend themselves from the various murderous groups around. Anyone know what mod this might be from?

The first two digits of an 8 digit ID are the "mod index" and dependent upon the position of the source plugin in the load order. The mod index starts from "00", so the first plugin is counted as zero, not one. Sure you didn't count plugins wrong? Using the mod index of the item ID is the most reliable way of locating the source plugin.

-Dubious-