Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

In response to post #24568344. #24568714, #24568839, #24569039 are all replies on the same post.

taleden wrote:
AmeerMahmood wrote: Hasn't that already happened to Arissa and wet and cold though? Both mods just being updates.
taleden wrote: That's exactly what prompted the question. :)
Aedred wrote: I hadn't seen this before taleden.

An update for a mod is basically something that has additional content, whether it's adding a new color to an object, or a new word, anything that wasn't previously there. This rule you're posting applies to fixing stuff in a mod as well, you're basically providing additional support when you fix things in a mod you're hosting.

Providing no support would pretty much mean leaving the mod open for everyone else to fix without the author's help or answer questions about the mod after releasing the update.

Technically speaking I'd say yes, this does apply to that.

Hello, I made the FCO mod. Just going to make it clear here and now: I will never charge for my mods through Steam workshop. If anything this entire fiasco is only incentivizing me pulling out of Steam workshop entirely; it's absolutely appalling.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24566889. #24566939, #24567004, #24567209 are all replies on the same post.

LuDux wrote:
RiffyDivine wrote: It would be closer to 300 to 600.
LuDux wrote: I only got /into/ modding because I could play around with a bunch of mods to begin with.

If I have to pay a fortune just to experiment with mods... I never would have gotten into modding to begin with.
EvilDeadAsh34 wrote: Then don't buy into the system. There will always be modders doing stuff for free so don't lose hope that you will still be able to find good mods.

Agreed I would never have even dropped $2000 on a gaming rig if I didn't get into modding

Funny thing. I got suspended for a week on steam because I did leave a comment I dont like the idea of mods being paid. So now I cant rate or comment anything for a week. I feeling like a person who is going to vote and he either votes for someone he dosnt want or goes to prison for a week until the voting is done... Anyone had same problem?