(shorter pause)

"Oh, you talk and you lie and you charge ridiculous prices

Now I think it's high time that you sit down and bleed profits!"

(pause)

And so then came clashing and slashing of wits

As the brave Sane Customers charged in, full of zeal

(pause)

And the braggart named Greedy the Pig was modding no more-

When his ugly name was blacklisted around on the internet!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24570179. #24570309 is also a reply to the same post.

GanXingba wrote:
boulegue wrote: if you want to use your mods as a portfolio not putting them on the workshop would be stupid since it has much larger exposure then basically anything else

That's not at all what I meant, sorry if that was unclear. Putting your mods on the Nexus or Workshop is a great idea! Charging for them, to your point, would only serve to minimize your exposure, however. In the end, it wouldn't actually help you as much.

In response to post #24570379. #24570484 is also a reply to the same post.

choco2114 wrote:
killerkerberos6 wrote: Well, I doubt CBBE will even be allowed on the workshop. At least, until they start allowing adult mods. Which probably won't happen, but even then we're getting Hentai games on the store so /shrug

It, just like those many Bothans who died bringing us this news, will die. Tragically.

In response to post #24570034. #24570094 is also a reply to the same post.

AncientGamer65 wrote:
Uranium - 235 wrote: As if mod drama wasn't bad enough.

Frostfall itself has a big list of 'thanks to ___ for ___'. If I were one of those people I would C&D the s#*! out of the author and rip all of my content out.

You bring up a great point. Mod resources like SKSE and SkyUI and such play a heavy part. Not to mention all the other freely shared resources that modders let people use in their own mods.

I can see modders that provide their resources stating "don't charge for this if you use my resources" in the same way that they ask for mentioned credit.

Its definitely room for some iffy totem poles if it heavily comes into play.

In response to post #24570149.

LegitWARHAMMER wrote:

I'm ok with paid modding. I take issue with the kind of prices people are asking 0.25c for a single sword. Skyrim currently costs $8.74 so either the modder thinks their work is worth infinitely more then Bethesda's or there are less then 34 weapon models in Skyrim.

This is rather worrying.

I can imagine the C&D's being sent due to Workshop creators forgetting to remove mods from the Nexus, or WS modders suing the Nexus because a free modder uploaded something they felt is too similar to their own. The irony is that Ive seen more mods that infringe on copyright laws there than I have here. Hell, doesn't this community frown upon even those with pirated copies of games?

As someone that has spent a good year skulking around on this site, I am genuinely afraid of what may happen. Any Fallout fan knows how ruthless Bethesda can be when it comes to copyright and IP acquisition, and now modders know too (Ive read that any modder that uploads something to the WS loses their ownership of the mod.)

Not to mention the quality modders we can lose here that would prefer to be payed. Though, from what Ive seen from most, this might not be much, as some care more about owning their intellectual property more than making a 25% profit off of them.

Money's a hell of a thing, huh.