Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

In response to post #24570584. #24570764, #24571774 are all replies on the same post.

Relios wrote:
boulegue wrote: this community frowns upon pirated copies most mods have written that you need a legal copy and use the update.esm as a master sadly modders and the nexus can do very little agains piracy
ShwayNorris wrote: Nexus is the reason I buy all my games. but I must say, that when I did in fact pirate, none of them ever gave me issues. its a scare tactic. one that works, but a scare tactic none the less.
(if a moderator see's this and doubts i own w/e I'm happy to provide proof)

the responsibility to fight piracy lies with the developer/publisher not the nexus.... modders can't do much but use the update.esm as a master

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24571814.

Marco9625 wrote:

It is just beginning, when more third parties come into play, theres IRS and European vat etc. this will turn into Just another Music industry where if you buy 20$ CD the artists doesn't even get full one dollar bill.

In response to post #24570729. #24571074 is also a reply to the same post.

mcguffin wrote:
grelf wrote: I see what you mean. People use each other's work and give credit where it's due, which works great and generates high-quality content. Now when money comes into play, things get complicated.

Yes, things get unbearable, to say the least...

In response to post #24571814. #24571869 is also a reply to the same post.

Marco9625 wrote:
Laxe wrote: It is just beginning, when more third parties come into play, theres IRS and European vat etc. this will turn into Just another Music industry where if you buy 20$ CD the artists doesn't even get full one dollar bill.

valve provides the platform and bethesda created the game and the CK/G.E.C.K to even make modding in the manner we know it today possible.... if you think people at valve and bethesda aren't working hard for their money you never seen any game developer office ever.... 70week hours are no strangers in those offices.... 25% is a rather generous cut compared to other industries (music, books, newspapers, tv........)