Steam Service Providers, and some how needing to clarify the Nexus stance again

Dark0ne

In response to post #24646984. #24647104, #24647439, #24647524, #24647569, #24647954, #24648029, #24648264 are all replies on the same post.

Psijonica wrote:
SchwererGustav wrote: This post wwll be deleted in...3...2...1...

You will see ;)
bigdeano89 wrote: Way to sound like an entitled 12 year old man. Dark0ne has been honest from the start. Good luck trying to find another site btw, all the others are either gone or ALSO took the service provider option. That includes AFKmods etc.

Dark0ne is not the only site to do that, so stop making them out to be the bad guys. Nexus has been around for years giving mod authors FREE space for mods big and small.
Dark0ne wrote:
As you paint yourself as the saviour of the free modding community

This post wwll be deleted in...3...2...1...

Why would I delete it? It's a perfect example of the people who don't actually read what I write and, in the process, make themselves look stupid.
SchwererGustav wrote: Because 2 of my comments got delleted befor...

The 1st was a bit aggressive the 2nd not at all.

rotwhip wrote: ooooh someone is angry.
Psijonica wrote: I read what you wrote and I can only giggle that you have lowered yourself to calling me "stupid" LoL

You can fool all the kids here but anyone with real business and life experience sees right through you.

If I am stupid because I don't take your words at face value then so be it... I am a stupid person who drives a Super Snake and I am laughing at how stupid you may think I am.

Basically you are still supporting Pay-for-Mods just that you are calling it by a different name. Many modders like Emma (I guess you think she is stup[id too now eh? Remember her, yoiur old friend who helped you with your uploaded system all thiose years ago?) also believe that this is wrong in every aspect... but I guess we are just stupid.

I can't really tell youwhat I think of you because hey, I'm in an unfair possition where you are able to swing insults but I can't.

Congratulations! *Applause*
benissugger wrote: he said you "make yourself[es] look stupid", not "you are stupid".

So basically Psijonica, you're saying "Stop asking me for money! Dark0ne just pay the $500,000 to run this community per year and deal with it!" yes? Think about that statement, Endorsements, Permissions and Donations are the very things that keep this community and these mods afloat, if you want 100% free mods, make them all yourself and pay for the site to upload them on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly that I fear, too. That everyone with a brain fears.

It takes 24 hours, and one DMCA takedown notice, to get rid of this site. The easy donation buttons should be priority number one, because What they need for their plans to succeed are willing and good modders. Maybe we can use it to donate for your coming lawsuit, too. ;) And it will come, believe me.

You're site is bigger than st"EA"ms

Here has every modder to decide for himself, if he wants to be a 3rd party DLC author, or a creative unbound free modder. Make NO mistake, like I did once! If you make your hobby into a real job, it will cost you big time. It will wear you out.

What steam does not tell you, because they did not realize it themselves ... or they lie about it .. is, that you are working under a complete other legal enviroment, there you have to be 100% responsible for your work, including refunds. Even steam cannot change customer protection laws.

In my oppinion there is no such thing as a paid mod. Only "3rd party DLC".

Mods are always free and domnating is free will, too.

And if st"EA"m tried to pay the free mod authors, they did remarkaable bad job. Not even asking the modders, who they need to contact, too. Maybe it was never their intention?

P.S. I feel sorry for Chesko. How can we help him get over this? He really believed st"EA"m.

In response to post #24646984. #24647104, #24647439, #24647524, #24647569, #24647954, #24648029, #24648264, #24648309 are all replies on the same post.

Psijonica wrote:

You will see ;)
bigdeano89 wrote: Way to sound like an entitled 12 year old man. Dark0ne has been honest from the start. Good luck trying to find another site btw, all the others are either gone or ALSO took the service provider option. That includes AFKmods etc.

Dark0ne is not the only site to do that, so stop making them out to be the bad guys. Nexus has been around for years giving mod authors FREE space for mods big and small.
Dark0ne wrote:

Why would I delete it? It's a perfect example of the people who don't actually read what I write and, in the process, make themselves look stupid.

Psijonica wrote: I read what you wrote and I can only giggle that you have lowered yourself to calling me "stupid" LoL

You can fool all the kids here but anyone with real business and life experience sees right through you.

If I am stupid because I don't take your words at face value then so be it... I am a stupid person who drives a Super Snake and I am laughing at how stupid you may think I am.

Basically you are still supporting Pay-for-Mods just that you are calling it by a different name. Many modders like Emma (I guess you think she is stup[id too now eh? Remember her, yoiur old friend who helped you with your uploaded system all thiose years ago?) also believe that this is wrong in every aspect... but I guess we are just stupid.

I can't really tell youwhat I think of you because hey, I'm in an unfair possition where you are able to swing insults but I can't.

benissugger wrote: he said you "make yourself[es] look stupid", not "you are stupid".
JoeyLock wrote: So basically Psijonica, you're saying "Stop asking me for money! Dark0ne just pay the $500,000 to run this community per year and deal with it!" yes? Think about that statement, Endorsements, Permissions and Donations are the very things that keep this community and these mods afloat, if you want 100% free mods, make them all yourself and pay for the site to upload them on.

We must excuse those who cannot understand the context of a single sentence.

Quite frankly, if we are going to have to start paying for mods, then I think their needs to be an option for patrons to commission a work much Like people at deviantart artist have their works commissioned.

If people pay for stuff, then they better get what they pay for.

In response to post #24644444. #24644464, #24644604 are all replies on the same post.

pokenar wrote:
PharCry wrote: That's just a dick move
xaosbob wrote: And ironically also makes the mod-author-chosen donation from Valve even more necessary. Maybe drop a couple bucks for a basic membership instead?

Big Deal, all that means is you were using the site FOR FREE, (which you don't seem to have a problem with), and were never a supporter in the first place, so you're not punishing ANYBODY.
The fact that you HAD to come here and tell EVERYBODY WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO, shows how Effective your little "Ad Blocker" tirade is going to be.

Me? I'm a lifetime supporter because I READ FACTS, and make my own decisions, rather than making knee jerk decisions and parroting conspiracy theories.

In response to post #24646984. #24647104, #24647439, #24647524, #24647569, #24647954, #24648029, #24648264, #24648309, #24648414 are all replies on the same post.

Psijonica wrote:

You will see ;)

Dark0ne wrote:

JoeyLock wrote: So basically Psijonica, you're saying "Stop asking me for money! Dark0ne just pay the $500,000 to run this community per year and deal with it!" yes? Think about that statement, Endorsements, Permissions and Donations are the very things that keep this community and these mods afloat, if you want 100% free mods, make them all yourself and pay for the site to upload them on.
twhelan wrote: We must excuse those who cannot understand the context of a single sentence.

What does Emma, creator of Vilja, have anything to do with this?

In response to post #24646984. #24647104, #24647439, #24647524, #24647569, #24647954, #24648029, #24648264, #24648309, #24648414, #24648504 are all replies on the same post.

Psijonica wrote:

You will see ;)

Dark0ne wrote:

twhelan wrote: We must excuse those who cannot understand the context of a single sentence.
WightMage wrote: What does Emma, creator of Vilja, have anything to do with this?

You started with, in response to my article:

I've already written:

If people are heralding me, specifically, as their champion in the fight against paid modding then they've done that of their own accord, and I certainly haven't agreed to be that champion....Does this sound like a champion of modding being free everywhere? No, it does not. Do not use me as the poster-child for that campaign as I never said I was.

So you either didn't read it, or you read it, and then decided to say I was painting myself as the "saviour of the free modding community" when I've specifically said I neither am or want to have that title. So yes, you look stupid. Even more so, now.

In response to post #24644444. #24644464, #24644604, #24648494 are all replies on the same post.

pokenar wrote:
PharCry wrote: That's just a dick move
xaosbob wrote: And ironically also makes the mod-author-chosen donation from Valve even more necessary. Maybe drop a couple bucks for a basic membership instead?
HadToRegister wrote: Big Deal, all that means is you were using the site FOR FREE, (which you don't seem to have a problem with), and were never a supporter in the first place, so you're not punishing ANYBODY.
The fact that you HAD to come here and tell EVERYBODY WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO, shows how Effective your little "Ad Blocker" tirade is going to be.

Me? I'm a lifetime supporter because I READ FACTS, and make my own decisions, rather than making knee jerk decisions and parroting conspiracy theories.

Oh, yea, by the way, you and your SIX POSTS must carry a LOT of weight around here, so go turn your Ad Blocker back on because now the Nexus is DOOMED!!! DOOMED I TELL YOU!! :D