Steam and Bethesda remove paid modding from Skyrim Workshop

Dark0ne

I hope something positive comes out of this whole situation and more people (me included) donate to their favorite mod authors from now on, we shouldn't have to pay for mods, but we should show support. Some of these modders pour their hearts into their creations and spend hours improving games for us and adding features we otherwise wouldn't have access to and I think they deserve some praise for this and a little show of support. Edited by Mitch2129

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24731659. #24731874 is also a reply to the same post.

Dark0ne wrote:
mnelson999 wrote:
...Only 8% of the Skyrim audience has ever used a mod. Less than 1% has ever made one....
Speechless.

Yes trying to force such a paradigm shift on the community without any prior public communications. Whatever were they thinking?

Lets hope we as a community learned a lesson or two as well. Because apparently we tent to over communicate.

In response to post #24731659. #24731874, #24731934 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote:
mnelson999 wrote:
...Only 8% of the Skyrim audience has ever used a mod. Less than 1% has ever made one....
Speechless.
sheson wrote: Yes trying to force such a paradigm shift on the community without any prior public communications. Whatever were they thinking?

Lets hope we as a community learned a lesson or two as well. Because apparently we tent to over communicate.

Wild guess: They counting consoles maybe?

don't know why but I have a really bad feeling about all this. I mean I'm glad it was removed so maybe it can be talked out with the actual modders and everyone else. Still, could this mean the end of acceptable modding as a whole, or does this just mean it'll be tested again with a different game? Beth and Valve just giving up doesn't seem "normal".

The benefit from all this is that at least I have a better appreciation for modders and what they do. I have donated to some on Nexus, and will continue to do so.

In response to post #24731889.

Halofarm wrote:

That they have been planning and working on this for so many years, and for it to be so out of the blue, and for gabe to act like he didn't even know it had happened made it look very much like they don't care what the community thinks.

In response to post #24731659. #24731874, #24731934, #24731964 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote:
mnelson999 wrote:
Speechless.
sheson wrote: Yes trying to force such a paradigm shift on the community without any prior public communications. Whatever were they thinking?

sheson wrote: Wild guess: They counting consoles maybe?

Hmmm. I personally wouldn't make money decisions based on those numbers so I wonder. Grain of salt, etc on those figures. Eight percent...I'd bet one new dollar that was what they figured on, and then they found they weren't on the mark. Of course, this also gives a hint at how popular their game is.