Steam and Bethesda remove paid modding from Skyrim Workshop

Dark0ne

In response to post #24731789. #24731909, #24732094, #24732139 are all replies on the same post.

nonemployee wrote:
Riprock wrote: Impossible to avoid ruffling feathers going the other way, I'm afraid. Omelet and eggs however, in my opinion. We can't go back but we can go forward :)
Avastgard wrote: I feel bad for the modders who took the time to make these updates only to have them removed days later. After this, we may never see SkyUI v. 5.
CelticPaladin wrote: If I received the death threats those people did I'd give modding a middle finger and go straight back into IT.

Those versions of Isoku's mods still belong to Valve. LEGALLY they can tell him he can't put them on here.

I'm not at all sure they'd be bold enough to try that though.

On the other hand, would he be bold enough to update them here?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24732124. #24732174, #24732224 are all replies on the same post.

Salazanz wrote:
CelticPaladin wrote: Those "Greedy" modders are very unlikely to be back with their mods, and it's a damn shame.
JCDNWarrior wrote: I don't know if we could trust such modders anymore, though. We may also have to look out for spite updates from them for being caught between the two forces like this.

It is. But others will take their place.

In response to post #24731804. #24732114 is also a reply to the same post.

Jokerine wrote:
Halofarm wrote: Very slight changes, to the extent you could literally port the esp files from one to the other by changing the version numbers in the header, and then updating armour/damage reduction values.

Cool, I should try to do that sometime :laugh:

In response to post #24731789. #24731909, #24732094, #24732139, #24732229 are all replies on the same post.

nonemployee wrote:
Riprock wrote: Impossible to avoid ruffling feathers going the other way, I'm afraid. Omelet and eggs however, in my opinion. We can't go back but we can go forward :)
Avastgard wrote: I feel bad for the modders who took the time to make these updates only to have them removed days later. After this, we may never see SkyUI v. 5.
CelticPaladin wrote: If I received the death threats those people did I'd give modding a middle finger and go straight back into IT.
phantompally76 wrote: Those versions of Isoku's mods still belong to Valve. LEGALLY they can tell him he can't put them on here.

I'm not at all sure they'd be bold enough to try that though.

On the other hand, would he be bold enough to update them here?

It's unfortunate that on Reddit one of the members of the SkyUI team used the wrong approach and language, hence he sort of wrecked the mod's public image.

In response to post #24731774. #24731829 is also a reply to the same post.

SerjoFoxly wrote:
Dark0ne wrote: That time has passed, unfortunately. The friends I was due to go out with are returning tomorrow!

Meet me in Kentucky for the horse races this weekend. Bourbon's on me :P I'll be the fat guy in the infield crying because I lost a bunch of money. I'm sure that'll help you find me.

In response to post #24732124. #24732174, #24732224, #24732264 are all replies on the same post.

Salazanz wrote:
CelticPaladin wrote: Those "Greedy" modders are very unlikely to be back with their mods, and it's a damn shame.
JCDNWarrior wrote: I don't know if we could trust such modders anymore, though. We may also have to look out for spite updates from them for being caught between the two forces like this.
phantompally76 wrote: It is. But others will take their place.

Why? If they can't monetize it why not make it free?

Robin you're like the "Official" face of modding because of the "Nexus" sites. I believe it was you and this community that got to them over at Bethesda/STEAM. Not to mention "Forbes" did a great write-up on this whole debacle and the pro's-con's of what may/can happen. I hope this all gets sorted out very well for all involved.