⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

A young many saw and old man walking by. The old man walked up to a hole and fell in. The young man ran to his aid and helped him climb out.

The old man frowned.

Are you okay?!

I'll be fine! Thanky.

Didn't you see that hole?

What hole?

That young man thought the old timer was a little daft in the head. The young man started to walk away. The old man turned about, walk right up to the hole, and fell in again. The young man rushed back and helped the old man out of the hole again.

The young man asked if the old man was hurt. Begging your pardon sir. But are you blind?

Nah! I fine thanks.

Again the two parted ways. The young man got two steps. Heard the old man fall into the hole again. He bolted to his aid.

He helped the old man out of the hole. He looked to the old man. Why didn't you go around that hole?

The old man looked him in the eye. What hole?

There's a hole in the path. Right there. You've fallen in it 3 times.

Someone put a hole in my path? Walk around what? I've been walking along this path all my life. I refuse to change my way.

The young man considered the old man for a moment. Turned to him as he walked away. Ran to the hole and jumped in before the old man could fall in. Baring his back to the man the old man walked right over the top of him and continued down the road.

I guess some people get into a habit and they will never change. He looked on to see the old man walking to town. The man decided he needed to get on with his life. But he couldn't bring himself to just leave the old man to the sad fate. So he found a shovel and filled the hole.