The last movie you watched thread

HellsMaster

I've seen "Amour" last night. Absolute masterpiece (maybe excluding nasty Evian water product placement). After it finished, the whole cinema went silent, and nobody moved for a good few minutes. The movie is very natural, purist. Very life-like. No artificial, perfectly beautiful people with perfect white teeth, just aged, tired faces full of wrinkles. Excellent acting. And it leaves you full of questions, about your parents, yourself, your partner, your kids, euthanasia, love, using your life while you're able to... Beautiful and realistic movie.

I am still shocked. Guess it will take me at least a week to get over it.

Highly, highly recommended if you want to watch some good acting and a movie that will make you think rather than some cheap entertainmen, (yawn) FX, crap acting enhanced by computer animation and lots of explosions up your face.

This is art.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Skyfall.

Anton Chigurh Javier Bardem is excellent as the supervillain and Daniel Craig is stylish, as always. :wub:

Best Bond movie ever. :dance:

Or do you mean JeffreyDean Morgan? :yes:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhbe017MRF1qccc6c.jpg

watched signs yesterday by M. Night sharmalarmarmarm, and i must say it was pretty good :) didnt expect mel gibson to be able to portray such an understated character, does it pretty well :D

Dawn of the Seeker...well could be better but at least I got to see Cassandra's better version :thumbsup: Edited by k361

Star trek 3 the search for spock.

i started my Star trek marathon with the first movie then the third :wallbash:

Im planing on watching Star trek 2 the KHAAANNN !!!! movie this night or morning, somehow i find it easier to watch movies at early mornings.

i just finished watching "Wreck it Ralph", its a disney 3d animated movie, basically toy story but instead of toys, its video game characters, i usually don't watch anything Disney anymore but its a pretty good movie, there's a lot of cemeos in that movide like Zangief, Sonic, etc. and Hero's Duty reminded me of Call of Duty and Starcraft 2 combined but i was expecting a character relating to Skyrim in there but there wasn't (EDIT: my friend said there were some knights in platemail and swords and soldiers walking around in game central station, so i guess thats a bit like skyrim and other medieval/fantasy game, i probably just didn't see them in the background), anyway there's few things about the ending that doesn't add up for me, here's what it is

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121202070742AAYFEV0

oh and btw if you haven't watched the movie my question in that link might have SPOILERS

Edited by ghostrecon123

I watched D. W. Griffith's Intolerance: A Sun Play for the Ages again a couple of days ago. It's my favorite movie of all time, and even though I know it well enough to be able to write out some of the intertitles verbatim, the experience always moves me deeply. Highly recommend it if you happen to have an interest in silent films or melodrama.