Those zombies

Lisnpuppy

Ok..

Am I the ONLY one that got a bit freaked out the first time those things came at me at like 100 miles an hour?

I actually swore aloud to my family's entertainment.

In the beginning especially without a power armor they can be dangerous.

And yes, it's ridiculous how they practically fly at you like 5m.

I'm level 37 or something now and I'm constantly walking around in power armor.

And by now I'm just laughing when they show up.

They do practically no damage to me.

At least not enough to kill me.

Doesn't matter if I die its just I don't see them and wham!! There one is crossing the screen to try to eat my metal-encased brain

I don't even want to talk about the burrowing or crawling around without bottom halfs

Their appearance is sometimes scripted too.

So, if some of them suddenly come from behind it's possible that they just spawned behind you.

I was in a few situations where I'm pretty sure I killed all of them and suddenly they attack from behind.

Pretty annoying.

from what i hear (havent played yet) they are the best they've ever been. i really hope so because ghouls in previous games were just.... not fun to fight as they looked dumb (their movement that is, i was fine with their appearance to a degree) and not to mention how easy they became for a bit until you hit the level where reavers showed up.

from what i hear (havent played yet) they are the best they've ever been. i really hope so because ghouls in previous games were just.... not fun to fight as they looked dumb (their movement that is, i was fine with their appearance to a degree) and not to mention how easy they became for a bit until you hit the level where reavers showed up.

They are.

They are quieter, smarter and faster. They play dead, they crawl out and under places, I noticed that if they are behind you they are not loud expect when when they are really close and there is always more of them. They also cause rad damage.

They scare more more than deathclaws, since you can see one a mile away. While ghouls hide in cities and towns hardly seen.

Edited by Boombro

I die at least once everytime I see a glowing one, they are sooooo overpowered and I always get stuck in a wall or corner when trying to run away, they run so fast they are on me before i realize I can't move and start hitting me and staggering me with every hit, and the health regen from a stimpack is not fast enough to keep me alive.

So... reload, and have to find a technique to outsmart them. Feels good when they're dead.

They are fun, really scared me the first time they popped up out of nowhere.

Indoors it is best is to sneak, keep your back to the walls and shoot any corps you see. Just like the "sleeping" Draughr in Skyrim dungeons. Pop a few arrows in for sneak damage, kill them or weaken them before they wake up.

Well I am glad I am not the only one! lol The very first one I encountered was so dang fast..it was the police station area..it was up on a bus and I just had spotted it and I blinked (should have learned my lesson from Dr. Who about that) and it moved across to me in a heartbeat. I was like "egggaaag" really loud. I play with earphones and the fam can't see my monitor. So they just looked at me and started laughing. I made them come watch and see. My daughter shook her head no and went "Ewww...no thank you." ha ha

Yeah...they are smarter, faster...they do hide very well. I agree some are scripted and some I thin actually come at the sound of gunfire and trouble. Unlike the "must have been a rat" thing that has been going on in Beth games. I think in large the enemy AI is a bit better this time around.

Except spiders typically things in games don't really "scare" me...startle maybe but these...I really am avoiding places at times cause I don't want to see them! ha ha ha