I will not be buying this game until they release the toolset.

Sunsnub

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got that twisted my friend. The DLCs make the company more money. So of course that's "higher priority", people months ago were already like "I already put in 300 hrs into this", and that was back in December... I am pretty sure they are buying and playing other games now.

Modding truly extends the life of the game. THIS should be a priority, releasing the GECK. It not only extends the life of the original game, but also all DCLs. And not only that, also fuels interest in them. Mods can only do so much, DLCs build on modifications, and vice versa. It's reciprocal, and mutually beneficial.

Edited by Sunsnub

You got that twisted my friend. The DLCs make the company more money. So of course that's "higher priority", people months ago were already like "I already put in 300 hrs into this", and that was back in December... I am pretty sure they are buying and playing other games now.

Modding truly extends the life of the game. THIS should be a priority, releasing the GECK. It not only extends the life of the original game, but also all DCLs. And not only that, also fuels interest in them. Mods can only do so much, DLCs build on modifications, and vice versa. It's reciprocal, and mutually beneficial.

Not really.

Beth dlc already adds a lot to the game and modders make a lot of use from it. If the dlcs were solid and offered plenty, it would make moding way better than just base game.

Many house modders liked HF DLC, game tweakers loved DG, scripters DB.

Let not forget how much it also offers into the base game with play styles, perks and gear.

Yes really.

I never said DLC didn't offer a lot. In fact quite the opposite. You quoted me, despite the fact that you didn't have to because you were responding directly to the message directly above your response.

You seem to be missing the point. Not sure why? Or what your agenda is? That you seem to be pushing DLC over the release of the GECK? I am not s***ing on DLC, just saying we are overdue of the GECK.

And to further my point. I will not be buying any DLCs (not to mention the original game) until the GECK is released either.

Not going to happen. Sure you can sell some DLCs with out releasing a GECK, but I guarantee you that you will sell a whole lot more if you make this available.

"I am not a pretty boy"- Ani Difranco

Edited by Sunsnub

I never said DLC didn't offer a lot. In fact quite the opposite. You quoted me, despite the fact that you didn't have to because you were responding directly to the message directly above your response.

I have low term memory, sometimes it even weaker when I'm sleepy, so it helps to recall stuff. It was just to add to my point in clear sentence.

You seem to be missing the point. Not sure why? Or what your agenda is? That you seem to be pushing DLC over the release of the GECK? I am not s***ing on DLC, just saying we are overdue of the GECK.

Of course not, sorry about my wording.

And to further my point. I will not be buying any DLCs (not to mention the original game) until the GECK is released either.

Not going to happen. Sure you can sell some DLCs with out releasing a GECK, but I guarantee you that you will sell a whole lot more if you make this available.

It wiser to wait even more.

No s*** Shirlock. I will be waiting until they release the GECK, or not buying it at all.

No thanks, it's pretty much just a re-re-release of FO3 with slightly better graphics, and some other functionality built in. Plus a "brand new story". But with half the playability/fuctionality due to the lack of a GECK.

I am all in on this. It's either release the GECK, or I am not buying it, and subsequently I am not buying a single one of their Down Loadable CONtent either.

Edited by Sunsnub

I have played all the titles in the franchise without ever using mods. We were talking about games at work and one of my young padewan apprentices asked me if I had tried modding the game. Well here I am downloading a ton of mods for fallout 4. I don't have the skills myself but it seems like there are plenty of people here who don't really need the toolkit to get the job done. I will try making my own mods when the new geck comes out but until then I am happy using the stuff people have come up with already. I am a master electrician and I have plenty of tools that don't come with the apprentice starter kit. I imagine some of the master modders here understand that analogy.