I'm Really Losing Interest - Is this game even worth finishing?

Nebrule

There is less than 100 quests in fo3, and there is more than 120 quests in fo4 (counting the main quest stages.) with more unmarked quests, but as you said they have more character and were longer with more RP options.

I wonder if Beth wanted to focus more on the world story telling itself, thus it impacted the quests? There is a good number of them; the mayor bunker, the boathouse, the state house, the wood loading station and dead girl in the cabin etc

Let hope that the case.

I think one of my first mods is making the settlements real towns and disable the building for them. Then make it a modder resource for quest modders.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is bare bones. Talk about lazy. The best story they could come up with has you locked out of the other quest lines once you pick a side? I'm sure someone over there thought that would be clever, but frankly, it's lazy because all they did was write one quest line - the main one - then tie in the others.

I think they thought that crafting and settlements would make this game better than it is and let people waste hours there but really, there is only so much to do before you get bored with sims settlements especially given that sims is far better for that sort of thing than this is.

By the time the DLC comes out most who are bored now will be long gone and will remember that if it takes DLC to make a game good then the game sucked.

I keep building characters thinking that if I do something different it will be better but I always get to that point where I see Prydwen arrive and after one playthough I know after that it's short order till the end of the game which is bleak as hell and makes me not want to finish.

So no, you are not alone. I have the same meh feeling about this game as I did DAI. It looks good going in and I start a bunch of times but after that one time finishing, it's just not really something I feel like continuing even though I keep trying. It's just as uninspiring as it gets for a game.

I have played several RPGs where I finished them countless times. But the two I could not bring myself to finish more than once were DAI and this one. I just didn't care enough and I keep trying to care but ultimately I don't. That says a lot about those games when I could spend hundreds of hours and more than four or five complete runs on the others but not them.

It's not you. Don't bother finishing and don't bother waiting for DLC. Lots of users feel this way about the game.

I think it was a cash grab for bethesda (which is funny considering how much they made on skyrim and they don't really need the cash, not like other gaming companies might).

is game is bare bones. Talk about lazy. The best story they could come up with has you locked out of the other quest lines once you pick a side? I'm sure someone over there thought that would be clever, but frankly, it's lazy because all they did was write one quest line - the main one - then tie in the others.

That makes a lot of sense when the sides have conflicting ideals and makes no sense from story prospective, it was not done since Morrowind since no story lines called for such a way. And the factions have different quest each with main being different.

I super agree with you DA:I holy cow, I just can't play it more than one time.

I agree with you also losing intrest, I still like FO3 best besides Skyrim , maybe after new quest mods come out from all the Great Modders out there, I know there will be more to do in Boston. I am tired of making beds for the needy. I hope someone makes settelers with their own sleeping bags!

Edited by aldar

I think one of my first mods is making the settlements real towns and disable the building for them.

Looking forward to this. No way do I have enough time to wrangle with Bethesda's quirky physics or micromanage their horrible NPCs, or even much interest in it, so a mod like yours would be very welcome. I'd pitch in to help but really want to stay off the CK for a good long while.

It goes without saying there's a lot about the game to appreciate. However the settlement building, as optional as it's touted to be, makes me wonder if Beth's merely leveraging players into filling in the blanks that should have been properly developed in the vanilla game. :huh:

I still need to know how to make one in Skyrim. So hold on to your horses. This one will take a great while :P

But I know that my very first mod is adding all kind of crafting and power armor stations to settlements and any other place to call home. I would live in 81, but there is no crafting or power armor holder.

I lost interest after realizing that whatsoever new place I discover, the only thing I can do, is kill them all.

I hate that.

I like meeting new people and hearing them speak for hours describing me their mundane stupid life and how this one or that one stole, slept with his wife, don't wanna do chores or don't wanna mary that girl or caravans being raided, or just simply talking to me about the weather.

I don't know, it lacks LIFE...

I'm very upset with all of these "It's a masterpiece, near perfect, bethesda's best!" reviews. It's Bethesda's worst, without a doubt in my mind, and these reviews are encouraging Bethesda to abandon what made it great for so many years. Do these reviewers not realize how seriously lacking this game is? Most are too busy complaining about the graphics which frustrates me to no end. Maybe they were sub par but who cares?

After the game's been out a while longer maybe another month or two, I'll be doing a more in depth comparison with FO3 and Skyrim. That's the only reason I'll pick it up anymore. FO4 is just another sandbox shooter almost indiscernible from the rest if not for it's Nuka Cola and Big Band radio station.

I think you have, in those reviews, a lot of people who don't focus on what many of us are picking up on. I think they just roll with the game like other games. Maybe they are really loving the settlement aspect or something. But it really is quite different. I am astounded by how different it is from skyrim and FO3. I was not even a huge fan of FO3 but compared to this, it's a lot better. Such a shame they are going down this path, copying companies like BW, who have made RPGs into a joke.