Crash To Desktop (CTD) Cure-All

BlindLookout

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between 'disabled', and 'uninstalled'. :) The game loads mods listed in the plugins.txt file, found in your windows user profile. (appdata/fallout 4) If the mod isn't on that list, (and marked with an *) the game *shouldn't* load it, but, all the files are still in your Data folder. (or, at least, appear to be....)

• 2 months later...

any solution for 2021 !? that is funny but it never crashes as now and with a few mods i have

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
MaleBodies.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Robot Home Defence.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
BetterGenerators.esp=1
AIO SS.esp=1
Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esp=1
MacDreamy v0.3.esp=1
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp=1
Lots More Facial Hair.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
Rebuilt_SeriesPrewarHouses.esp=1
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - AiO.esp=1
FaceMaxson.esp=1
Mansion.esp=1
Eli_MarlboroughHouse.esp=1
HappyMaker.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
RRTV_GoodneighborCondo.esp=1
Eli_Chestnut Lodge DLC.esp=1
Eli_RV DC Home.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
Dashing Danse 0.1.esp=1
EasyLockpicking.esp=1
Danse GTFO Power Armor.esp=1
Synths Revamped.esp=1
ElMensUnderwearConversionFO4.esp=1
SettlementMenuManager.esp=1
Crafting Mastery.esp=1
CheatTerminal.esp=1
D.E.C.A.Y.esp=1
Eli_Sanctuary Bunker.esp=1
God's Ring.esp=1
UniquePlayer.esp=1
SSEX.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersMortalSoldiersPack.esp=1
BetterSettlersMostlyMale.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
Crafting Mastery - Patch Sim Settlements.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood.esp=1
SuperAffinity.esp=1
NoAffinityCooldown.esp=1
Edit_Hancock.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
IWNPCsOnly.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Crafting Mastery - AE Patch.esp=1
SuperMutantRedux.esp=1

Edited by ArtemkaWoof

My game used to CTD so rarely it hardly bothered me. Now it does it every load - cannot play. I assumed the risk when I installed my first mod.

I am going to say this guy who said to delete everything didn't mean to cause any trouble, and when I tried his suggestion, I had moved files out to another folder on the same drive - JIC. Sadly it didn't fix anything. Neither did the "PCB" command. Neither did unchecking all my active mods. I believe it has something to do with overclocking, because the mods I have installed didn't crash the game when I added them weeks ago. Over time this has become unplayable.

I know the game creator isn't going to fix this issue - they have moved on. Sadly, looks like so many others have too. All this has done is to cause me to not trust mod creators, and sadly, no real patch has been offered.

If you are overclocking your machine, and it is causing crashes, how is that in any way mod related?

I run a HEAVILY modified fallout 4, and I only get a crash after playing for SEVERAL hours.... (5 or more.....) and it's usually caused by a game problem. Not a mod created problem.

Do you mean your changing most mods into ESL format?

My game used to CTD so rarely it hardly bothered me. Now it does it every load - cannot play. I assumed the risk when I installed my first mod.

I am going to say this guy who said to delete everything didn't mean to cause any trouble, and when I tried his suggestion, I had moved files out to another folder on the same drive - JIC. Sadly it didn't fix anything. Neither did the "PCB" command. Neither did unchecking all my active mods. I believe it has something to do with overclocking, because the mods I have installed didn't crash the game when I added them weeks ago. Over time this has become unplayable.

I know the game creator isn't going to fix this issue - they have moved on. Sadly, looks like so many others have too. All this has done is to cause me to not trust mod creators, and sadly, no real patch has been offered.

If you are overclocking your machine, and it is causing crashes, how is that in any way mod related?

I run a HEAVILY modified fallout 4, and I only get a crash after playing for SEVERAL hours.... (5 or more.....) and it's usually caused by a game problem. Not a mod created problem.

Nope. I don't think I am using any ESL files.

Are you using less then 250 mod plugins?

Are you using less then 250 mod plugins?

Yes, I have somewhere between 100 and 150...... I haven't changed my load list for a while. :D

• 5 months later...

Por desgracia para mi, fallout 4 se ha convertido en la experiencia mas frustrante así como una perdida de un valioso tiempo para no llegar a nada...

mas de 500 horas de juego y no haber podido completado practicamente ni un inicio, si no es por tanto CDT, o bugs del propio juego....

personalmente es una verguenza lo de esta gente, practicamente nos han cobrado por un estudio de mercado mientras los modders les hacian todo el juego y asi no invertir ni arriesgar en un juego triple A...

creo que entre todos debieramos generar un proyecto comunitario un mundo abierto tan grande y exacto al mundo real...

un mundo en que todos pudieramos conectarnos y crear nuestras construccuiones mientras las protegemos ante cualquier adversidad de la vida...

un lugar que nos enseñe a coperar y compartir... y de paso cargarnos todo bicho viviente que quiera comerse nuestros ojos como si fueran caramelos.

I have two types of CTD:

- First one is obviously from exhausting of available memory, when I change cells rapidly or just play all day long and even leave it paused overnight.

- Second is very specific in workbench when I change one weapon or armor modification to another, say 0.44 revolver bull barrel to bladed bull barrel and each time the bugged pair of mods seems to be different (but if I switch it indirectly bull barrel - snibnose barrel - bladed bull barrel CTD won't happen as well as when just removing modifications to default instead of replacement) This second one is quite annoying though limited to workbench.

• 1 year later...