Romance

JackTrenton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexuality has nothing to do with personality. It like hair, skin and eye color. You can have a straight person that is open with same gender flirtation or the other way around.

Maybe in a perfect ideal world that might be true, but once we step away from the hypothetical and into the reality we all know that is not true.

In a game that is full of prejudice toward synths and ghouls and in some cases like the Institute prejudice against anyone that is not them, I find it a little to squeaky clean for every single character to just be cool with unconventional love.

In all reality gender roles are a part of our culture. I personally totally respect people who bend or break from those traditional gender roles, but not everyone is going to be that way. But I also appreciate traditional gender roles when both parties feel drawn to their particular role.

In all reality gender roles are a part of our culture. I personally totally respect people who bend or break from those traditional gender roles, but not everyone is going to be that way. But I also appreciate traditional gender roles when both parties feel drawn to their particular role.

Only because many give a dame if you were gay for many reasons the fallout world doesn't have. Fallout doesn't give a dame if you were gay even from what seems to be christen people(?)

In Fo2, I read.if you slept with a girl, her father is only pissed since your are not married, and order that to happen before his girl loses her honor. Even if you were a girl. If you were gay, why would he allow it?

If no one cares to treat you in a different way, and it was very normal around, should it not effect people.

For sample, I'm born in an area with many skin colors in Asia. Those with deep skin color are not effected like the US with the same skin color. No one gives a dame about that topic, or even notice or anything related.

Edited by Boombro

Only because many give a dame if you were gay for many reasons the fallout world doesn't have. Fallout doesn't give a dame if you were gay even from what seems to be christen people(?)

In Fo2, I read.if you slept with a girl, her father is only pissed since your are not married, and order that to happen before his girl loses her honor. Even if you were a girl. If you were gay, why would he allow it?

If no one cares to treat you in a different way, and it was very normal around, should it not effect people.

For sample, I'm born in an area with many skin colors in Asia. Those with deep skin color are not effected like the US with the same skin color. No one gives a dame about that topic, or even notice or anything related.

There is a difference between being totally ok with something and emotionally identifying with something.

You don't have to be a bigot to be a male who feels comfortable being in the traditionally male gender role.

It comes down to a matter of, 'I accept you for who you are even though it is different than who I am.'

Accept everyone for following the roles they want to play as opposed to sterilizing culture by saying nobody can follow traditional roles.

Accept everyone for following the roles they want to play as opposed to sterilizing culture by saying nobody can follow traditional roles.

Is there is culture related to different sexuality in fallout world though?

The question might be expanded to include Skyrim, as well. =^[.]^=

Considering Fallout culture is based off of 1950s America culture which was very, very strongly rooted in gender roles. Of course it is a huge part of Fallout culture.

The post apocalypse may have diluted it, but it is still there.

Diamond City is a perfect example of this. Men sell the weapons while women sell clothing and various household items.

I mean in written word, quests and NPCs lines. Not that dude/gal sell this or that.

And all women sell weapon and armor expect the clothing lady. Two mainly trade in weapons. And in the nerds faction have women who make weapons.

Considering Fallout culture is based off of 1950s America culture which was very, very strongly rooted in gender roles. Of course it is a huge part of Fallout culture.

Ignoring the post apocalypse part, we can see that this isn't part of the lore in all of our glimpses of the world of 2077. Remember that in the prewar period, Nora was planning to take up a career in law as a lawyer to enable Nate to be a stay at home dad. One of the lead scientists at Cambridge Polymer Laboratories was female. That garage you're using in Sanctuary? Check the computer in Red Rocket and you'll see that belonged to a woman who rebuilt car engines as a hobby. There was never an indication that anyone reacted to these things as weird for their gender.

One of our neighbours, I think mister Calahan but I'm not sure, was a person of colour living in a planned community. We see constant other signs of racial integration throughout the setting that just wouldn't match 1950s values at all.

Of all the ways 2077 in the fallout universe parallels 1950s Earth, clearly social progress was not one of them.