Guild of Lycanthropes

WolfySnackrib

Consider evolution through natural seleciton on a super natural scale. Werewolves were hunted to the brink of extinction and one way that would justify having more civilised werewolves around that have more control over their lycanthropic self would be that because they were exterminated, only the ones able to adapt were able to survive and multiply, and so werewolves grew more intelligent than before, the urge to survive overcoming the hardest of obstacles.

Evolution doesnt work here, they're Daedra and Daedra are incapable of evolution as they are not even truly alive. They are not born, they do not die, they simply exist-lycanthropy in Oblivion is a curse that was instigated by Hircine, god of the hunt. This Daedric curse does not evolve or change, and thus the lycans it created are incapable of evolution. These creatures are stuck in limbo-there's no cure for lycanthrope save death, there's no organisational structure, Lycans simply "stop" when they become lycans, frozen at the point in their lives that they were when they became lycans, unable even to age or grow. A child who become a lycan become a stunted freak-it does not grow further once infected.

Hircine's curse twisted the lycan's minds even more than their bodies: an ES lycan is infact, nonsentient. To them the world is simply a swirling maelstrom of prey, their only "thought" is to kill for their god. Lycans dont think "hmm, maybe we work together?" because they don't think, period. Their world is dominated by Hircine's desire for blood and the hunting of prey-he's made damn sure that it never will be anything else either. I personaly really doubt lycanthropy will even be playable, since werewolves degenerate eventualy to a state of mental retardation where they cant even move.

The other thing is, look at the werewolf in the trailer-it's a beast, no clothing, no tools, no language, it's been painted to look all animal and no intelligence, it''s facial features are slack and hold no emotion save a look of idiot ferocity. To me it doesnt look smart, let alone sentient, a creature somewhat like a troll. Whatever you saw in twighlight to make you think they're some misunderstood little angels with a terrible disease-that kiddy junk stops at twighlight, most other fantasy paint werewolves as mindless beasts, and n Oblivion\Morrowind, they're nonsentient barbarians, virtualy incapable of thought, incapable of any emotion save for rage, incapable of any action save to hunt.

Edited by Vindekarr

Ah, to be a lycanthrope. It must be wonderfull in every imaginable way possible. You sound a bit like a racist my good sir. What have you got against the noble creatures?

Also wouldn't it be cool if in Skyrim you could become a werewolf and... infect others! How badass would that be. Drop by some familiar NPC's infect them! Mwahahaha. Also, why limit the choices of the player? If he's a lone wolf, let him be a loner. If he's a pack wolf, let him be a pack wolf. If he wants a guild, let there be a guild! People have various different opinions, it's better to pack the game full of opportunities rather than limitations.

• 2 months later...

The other thing is, look at the werewolf in the trailer-it's a beast, no clothing, no tools, no language, it's been painted to look all animal and no intelligence, it''s facial features are slack and hold no emotion save a look of idiot ferocity. To me it doesnt look smart, let alone sentient, a creature somewhat like a troll.

Because it wasn't a werewolf, it was a troll.

The proportions are off for a werewolf, it looks like it would walk like a gorilla, much like those in Oblivion, plus last I recalled, a werewolf that transformed from a human wouldn't have 2 fingers and a thumb on each hand.

The other thing is, look at the werewolf in the trailer-it's a beast, no clothing, no tools, no language, it's been painted to look all animal and no intelligence, it''s facial features are slack and hold no emotion save a look of idiot ferocity. To me it doesnt look smart, let alone sentient, a creature somewhat like a troll.

Because it wasn't a werewolf, it was a troll.

The proportions are off for a werewolf, it looks like it would walk like a gorilla, much like those in Oblivion, plus last I recalled, a werewolf that transformed from a human wouldn't have 2 fingers and a thumb on each hand.

He is right, you know. That was confirmed as a frost troll.

It shouldn't be done as a guild thing, that would be the equivalent of stuffing the werewolves into tuxedos and giving them monocles, and patting them on the head to *behave*.

I would say that it should be done as a tribe. But don't they hate each other?

In that case i'm not sure it should be done at all.

I think they should be split up into packs, similar to how there were vampire clans in Morrowind.One pack would be working towards conquering Skyrim and making werewolves the dominant race, and maybe one would work towards finding a cure or living in peace with the populace. Edited by Corakus