Fallout 4 DLC NEWS!

Boombro

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not suggesting that weapon holsters are exciting or fun. But I for one find it annoying that all guns just appear of nowhere, all the time. It's understandable for huge guns like a minigun for example because you don't have another choice. But for the large number of people who primarily play in third person, it's just annoying that you can't just holster your weapon on your hip, the same way you could in Skyrim, Oblivion, F03, and FNV. So it's like they intentionally removed it. If you look at the pre-release footage of the game, they never showed a character spawning their gun out of nowhere, but in the TV advertising, they always had holstered guns on their backs, or their hips (sometimes both at the same time!). They probably knew it was ridiculous, and people expect a little more from next gen games.

It is a videogame...

You carry around 200 lbs of supplies including extra sets of armor, 5 fedoras, over 4,000 rounds of ammo, stimpacks, other meds, steak dinners, a piece of someones brain, Corser teleportation chips, a collection of comic books, 9,000 bottle caps, 45 holotapes, 12 desk fans, 3 microscopes, a silver fork, 2 typewriters, 8 things of superglue, 3 metal food trays, a sniper rifle, a pistol, a laser gatling gun, and a sledgehammer.

And you don't even need a backpack. You can carry all this around with you while wearing a bathrobe and slippers, or while running around in your underwear. All while fighting Deathclaw and defeating groups of 10+ trained mercenaries... This is what it means to be playing a videogame.

I don't want to start down the path of 'It isn't immersive enough' and start nitpicking what isn't realistic about videogames. If we start having to have holsters for every weapon, I have no idea how I am going to carry all my massive amount of guns, since my character is primarily a gun builder...

Then we also need a backpack mod that requires your character to have a large backpack to carry more that 15 pounds of stuff, and then why not just slow the character down realistically when they have 300 lbs of gear and want to fight a Deathclaw. Lets just make the whole game not fun for the sake of 'immersion'.

Let's just get rid of everything that makes a game a game.

We don't need holsters for weapons, that's just silly.

the hunting rifle alone has how many different mods? Each combination need an updated animation and a 3rd person model.

it's just not as easy as people think I'm not saying it's not possible but what is better to spend time on?

I agree, it better they spend time on something else if it that time and money consuming.

Plus, it a game, once I carried a flamer thrower, a big auto shotgun and some kind of crossbow in one.

I'm not suggesting that weapon holsters are exciting or fun. But I for one find it annoying that all guns just appear of nowhere, all the time. It's understandable for huge guns like a minigun for example because you don't have another choice. But for the large number of people who primarily play in third person, it's just annoying that you can't just holster your weapon on your hip, the same way you could in Skyrim, Oblivion, F03, and FNV. So it's like they intentionally removed it. If you look at the pre-release footage of the game, they never showed a character spawning their gun out of nowhere, but in the TV advertising, they always had holstered guns on their backs, or their hips (sometimes both at the same time!). They probably knew it was ridiculous, and people expect a little more from next gen games.

It is a videogame...

You carry around 200 lbs of supplies including extra sets of armor, 5 fedoras, over 4,000 rounds of ammo, stimpacks, other meds, steak dinners, a piece of someones brain, Corser teleportation chips, a collection of comic books, 9,000 bottle caps, 45 holotapes, 12 desk fans, 3 microscopes, a silver fork, 2 typewriters, 8 things of superglue, 3 metal food trays, a sniper rifle, a pistol, a laser gatling gun, and a sledgehammer.

And you don't even need a backpack. You can carry all this around with you while wearing a bathrobe and slippers, or while running around in your underwear. All while fighting Deathclaw and defeating groups of 10+ trained mercenaries... This is what it means to be playing a videogame.

I don't want to start down the path of 'It isn't immersive enough' and start nitpicking what isn't realistic about videogames. If we start having to have holsters for every weapon, I have no idea how I am going to carry all my massive amount of guns, since my character is primarily a gun builder...

Then we also need a backpack mod that requires your character to have a large backpack to carry more that 15 pounds of stuff, and then why not just slow the character down realistically when they have 300 lbs of gear and want to fight a Deathclaw. Lets just make the whole game not fun for the sake of 'immersion'.

Let's just get rid of everything that makes a game a game.

We don't need holsters for weapons, that's just silly.

Alright, if we're talking about what a game "needs" it technically doesn't "need" any DLC at all. So why even bother making it all I guess. The purpose is to improve the game, it technically doesn't "need" DLC. Once the CK comes out, one or 2 modders will make a holstered weapons mod within a month, and thousands will download it. Have you even played the other fallout games? They managed to miraculously include holstered weapons in those 5 year old games back then, so clearly it isn't THAT HARD to do. I don't think seeing one primary weapon or one sidearm on a character is a huge, impossible request, especially for a big, award winning game company like Bethesda. They won't do it because only casual players who don't care at all about immersion matter these days, but that's what I would like to see. Not sure why you're so incredibly against this pal. Do you work there or something?

Edited by ddavies10693

The point is YOU and many other then would say "I modded My weapon and WHY cant I see the mod?", "They Did it in NV WHY has it not been done in FO4?"

It takes a lot more then you think! Now lets talk about armor.

You get the Hunting rifle on your back and you have the Vault suit on, it looks cool! Wow! I just found some raider armor! Cool! Why is my hunting rifle now clipping through the Raider armor chest peace?

See what I'm saying, each combination would need work or you'll have a lot more issues and complaints then just the "Why no holstered weapons?" one.

Edit: don't get me wrong I do miss seeing my cool guns but I get why it was cut. Also Back in NV when we had holstered weapons the same people complaining now were probably the ones asking for multiple holstered weapons. :P

Edited by chucksteel

Alright, if we're talking about what a game "needs" it technically doesn't "need" any DLC at all. So why even bother making it all I guess. The purpose is to improve the game, it technically doesn't "need" DLC. Once the CK comes out, one or 2 modders will make a holstered weapons mod within a month, and thousands will download it. Have you even played the other fallout games? They managed to miraculously include holstered weapons in those 5 year old games back then, so clearly it isn't that hard. I don't think seeing one primary weapon or one sidearm on a character is a huge, impossible request, especially for a big, award winning game company like Bethesda. They won't do it because only casual players who don't care at all about immersion matter these days, but that's what I would like to see. Not sure why you're so incredibly against this pal. Do you work there or something?

I'm not against anything that people choose to do with their own time. It is just silly to complain about Bethesda not having such a trivial thing in their game.

If immersion really matters, then how is having one holstered gun and 7 invisible guns any more immersive than having 8 invisible guns? I just think you choose a very weird place to draw the line of 'immersion'.

Does it not break immersion just as much to pull a land mine out of thin air? Or to pull combat armor out of thin air and instantly put it on? You have to draw the line somewhere. I would rather have more freedom with the guns and armors I design then to have something so trivial as holsters. Do you really think you could holster something like a fully upgraded Gauss Rifle anyways? It just seems like too much of a limiting factor.