Style of Mods You Think We Need More

brokefoot

We all know there are plenty of armor/clothing mods. Plenty of stat-change mods. Loads of settlement mods. And an ever increasing amount of weapon mods. But...

What do you think we need more of? Perhaps there are a few mods out there you really enjoy, but wish to see more of or someone else version of it ? List them here so we can discuss.

I'd start with an example of my own, but honestly I'm clueless... so that's also kind of why I'm starting this thread :)

I'd like to be able to place pools and ponds of water in my settlement without having to snag from console. I have yet to find water that isn't radioactive AND it disappears from time to time. Nothing spruces up a settlement like a water feature besides the water necessity.

There isn't anything else we need more of before getting the creation kit. There is plenty of everything to go around.

What the Fallout world really needs is more quests so you can go put those armors, weapons, crafting stations, mechanic changes, companions, and everything else to good use.

Without quest modders, you just have half a million mechanics changes and shiny new toys to use to go find you son Shuan for the 15th time.

Quest modders put context to use the shiny new objects other modders make. The modding world needs more quest modders who are passionate enough to finish their work but not arrogant enough to think they can build an entirely new DLC size area with 30 hours of gameplay. A failed mod because you bit off more than you could chew benefits nobody.

But, no quests without the creation kit.

Gettin kinda tired of hearing BONGO BONGO BONGO I DON'T WANNA LEAVE THE CONGO OH NONONONONONO

And

HE'S WHACKIN AND WHACKIN AND WHACKIN HE'S SMACKIN AND SMACKIN AND SMACKIN HE'S WACKIN AND SMACKIN AND JACKIN choppin dat meat

So some more radio mods would be cool.

Problem is getting permission to use songs so we can post it on the Nexus

Are we allowed to link to mods not hosted on the Nexus?

Gettin kinda tired of hearing BONGO BONGO BONGO I DON'T WANNA LEAVE THE CONGO OH NONONONONONO

And

HE'S WHACKIN AND WHACKIN AND WHACKIN HE'S SMACKIN AND SMACKIN AND SMACKIN HE'S WACKIN AND SMACKIN AND JACKIN choppin dat meat

So some more radio mods would be cool.

Problem is getting permission to use songs so we can post it on the Nexus

Are we allowed to link to mods not hosted on the Nexus?

There is already a ton of them.

Edited by Boombro

Seconded on the quest mods. There's soooo much potential for cool locations in the boarded up buildings and what I imagine are vast unused spaces underground. (And if the most recent 3 DLCs are any indication, Bethesda won't be taking advantage.) I'd LOVE to see something like World of Pain, Rebuild the Lucky 38 or Helgen Reborn. Llama, the author of FONV's awesome Willow Companion mod, sounds like she's gearing up to do something for FO4 too. For the most part, I really like the companions in FO4 but something like Willow (or Skyrim's Vilja) would be great.

But, as was already mentioned, it seems like we're nearing saturation on the FO4Edit scene. Bring on the GECK!

Quest mods. The game is seriously lacking in interesting side quests. Mods that establish population centers that are separate from the settlement system and act as quest hubs. DC and Goodneighbor just aren't enough. Concord should be a proper town, Salem is wasted space, etc.

Quest mods. The game is seriously lacking in interesting side quests. Mods that establish population centers that are separate from the settlement system and act as quest hubs. DC and Goodneighbor just aren't enough. Concord should be a proper town, Salem is wasted space, etc.

Also a way to turn your settlements into an actual hub of activity, and not just a collection of braindead npcs with no names...

I'm already done writing one town and halfway through another. Got a good chunk of the voice acting done too, just waiting on the second half of the voice actors to get done. I am using these as hubs for different factions in my story.