DLC 4/12

ddavies10693

With this mod's attention to settlement building I am hoping Beth takes the opportunity to make it a more solid experience. As of now, almost all of the little quirks and bugs I encountered in the game, are related to settlements:

- Unexplained happiness drops tied in with settlers not looking for beds hard enough / or tv's / or a bugged Mama Murphy / or [add your own explanation]

- Settlements showing 0 defense ratings on the pip-boy until you travel to them

- Vendors in settlements repeating introduction dialogue each time you talk to them

- A supply line Brahmin getting stuck on a Sanctuary roof

Those are just the things that I encountered in the past two weeks on my first, partial play-through.

So yeah, I hope Beth gives the whole settlement building and npc management aspect some love with this next add-on + patch and create a more solid base for modders in the meantime.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its only useful if it hold tools to rebuild the old shitty houses, or that settlers rebuild the old crap houses, and that you can turn any location into a settlement, if none of it is in then its just worthless

ow not to mention a build in fix for all the settlers/settlement, adding only some stuff just don't cut it

Will it play well with existing mods? I haven't installed the first DLC yet because of the rumours/stories about it breaking mods.

Even though I can't mod to save my life, I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen, when the talented modders on here get hold of the GECK (or whatever they are calling it).

its only useful if it hold tools to rebuild the old shitty houses, or that settlers rebuild the old crap houses, and that you can turn any location into a settlement, if none of it is in then its just worthless

Why not make the old houses as base and fix them with shack walls and doors? If beth wanted to have shiny clean houses like pre-war ones, we would have the tools to do so. But they wanted to make towns like that match the game world better, like the wood and metal shacks.

And making any place a settlement? That a huge load of work and can cause a lot of problems.

ow not to mention a build in fix for all the settlers/settlement, adding only some stuff just don't cut it

So you should wait for patches, not a DLC.

Will it play well with existing mods? I haven't installed the first DLC yet because of the rumours/stories about it breaking mods.

I never heard of any mods that the DLC breaks, if there is, mods are already updated.

Even though I can't mod to save my life, I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen, when the talented modders on here get hold of the GECK (or whatever they are calling it).

Dude, it not that hard.

Add it to NMM and make sure you don't have a mod that does the same thing.

They will most likely release it in less than a week, as they said it would be between dlc 1 & 2, just because they announced the trailer for this one, does not mean that they are delaying the Geck.

It really depends on the individual mod. Most work without much issue. Automatron caused problems with UI mods and pushed many over the keyword limit increasing chances of having issues like the invisible robot bug. From my experience, in general Automatron played more nicely with mods than the 2 previous patches did.