Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37063440. #37063825, #37064090, #37064100, #37064755, #37064890 are all replies on the same post.

freakuent wrote: Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?
I updated NMM.
I activated / downloaded the beta through steam.
I opened NMM.
I loaded my previous load-order.
I enabled all the plugins.
Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?
Notoriousweenie wrote: It has to do with NMM updating to write the plugins in the root folder of FO4. It was a mistake on Beth's part to put it there so they just updated it a few hrs ago and put it back to App data. So now NMM needs to update again to correct itself lol.
freakuent wrote: Like a shitty game of phone tag. So...I just have to wait for NMM crew to fix it in NMM?
Sonicthesneak wrote: So... we need to wait for another NMM update besides .061.19? That sucks. I was hoping to play Fallout 4 right now. Bugger all. :p
Notoriousweenie wrote: Or you could just put the plugins.txt file in your root folder and overright the one in your appdata. Lol.
freakuent wrote: I still get a CTD when I try this. It goes to the loading screen and then crashes.

I copied my plugins file over to the game folder, am installing/updating mods with nmm, then moving the plugins file back. Hopefully this works.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37061470. #37061965, #37062160, #37062200, #37062315, #37062390, #37062435, #37062560 are all replies on the same post.

omega2008 wrote: The plugin.txt is back to appdata location, no longer in game's folder. Time for NMM 0.61.20 update since it doesn't actually enable mods now.
SirSalami wrote: After double and triple checking, I can assure you that if you have the LATEST Fallout 4 beta patch (April 26), the game now utilizes the plugins.txt file that's in the install directory. The latest version of NMM indeed modifies this file successfully enabling the mods as intended.

Perhaps you have either not updated the Fallout 4 Beta or have not updated NMM? If either of these are old, you will have issues.
Underprivlidged wrote: @SirSalami,
Does that mean if I update to the latest beta that I will be able to use my currently installed (non-CK) mods without having to use a wonky work around?
I had to reinstall the entire game, DLC, and patches (besides the beta) to enable my mods after the last BS, so not trying to deal with no mods (meaning I won't play until a fix) again.
omega2008 wrote: But that's the thing, the game updated again around 1 hour ago with this:

Fallout 4 1.5 Steam Update (1.5.157)
- Fixed issue with plugins.txt file being written to wrong directory

Edit: The reply I replied to vanished while writing this. Oh well.
Underprivlidged wrote: Same with my reply too. But the beta 1.5.157 has been out for at least a week now, maybe longer.
hobblygobbly wrote: Edit: Nevermind it seems that NMM still is creating the plugins.txt in appdata, but there is also a plugins.txt in the installdir (there is also a plugins.nmm.bak in appdata, but not in the installdir). The plugins.txt in the appdata however is entirely empty (doesn't even have the # comment section), where as the one in the installdir does.
omega2008 wrote: @Underprivlidged:
Nope, 1.5.151 was out for a week. 1.5.154 appeared earlier and now 1.5.157 appeared like 1 hour ago.

Edit: I should note that I deleted both plugins.txt from appdata and from gamefolder. Game has made a new plugins.txt file only in appdata folder which led me to the conclusion I said in my initial comment.
Underprivlidged wrote: Oh, know what, I was looking at 1.5.147. My bad lol.

^This. :)

It seems the CK uses the plugins.txt in the steam game folder. Edited by Phnx

In response to post #37064095. #37064415 is also a reply to the same post.

jpsimonetti wrote: Experiment in imagination - Picture those sales numbers from last year if Bethesda admitted to the world the Creation Kit wouldn't be available until May of 2016. That was a whole lot of dirty sales tactics to not admit the lifeblood of all Bethesda games - modding - would be stifled for 6 months, twice as long as even New Vegas (which was worth waiting for).
Sevaanos wrote: I remember them saying that the CK wouldn't be out till Spring of 2016, and guess what, its spring of 2016. So I say they were pretty on point.

"The Fallout 4 Creation Kit, the software tool that allows PC modders to go wild, is set to arrive at the beginning of 2016."

Repeat in every news article from September 2015 through January of 2016.

In February, it was announced that the CK was being released in April, starting with the PC, then moving to consoles.

Pretty sure Fallout 4 had been out for 3 months by then. They let us believe it would be around in January - until January actually arrived. That is an underhanded sales tactic. They know how the modding community makes their games what they are. They basically promised their game would get better in 3 months after release. Aaaand nope.

In response to post #37063440. #37063825, #37064090, #37064100, #37064755, #37064890, #37065120 are all replies on the same post.

freakuent wrote: Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?
I updated NMM.
I opened NMM.
Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?
Notoriousweenie wrote: It has to do with NMM updating to write the plugins in the root folder of FO4. It was a mistake on Beth's part to put it there so they just updated it a few hrs ago and put it back to App data. So now NMM needs to update again to correct itself lol.
freakuent wrote: Like a shitty game of phone tag. So...I just have to wait for NMM crew to fix it in NMM?
Sonicthesneak wrote: So... we need to wait for another NMM update besides .061.19? That sucks. I was hoping to play Fallout 4 right now. Bugger all. :p
Notoriousweenie wrote: Or you could just put the plugins.txt file in your root folder and overright the one in your appdata. Lol.
freakuent wrote: I still get a CTD when I try this. It goes to the loading screen and then crashes.
gsusvideo wrote: I copied my plugins file over to the game folder, am installing/updating mods with nmm, then moving the plugins file back. Hopefully this works.

You probably have an outdated mod that isn't compatible with the latest patch. I am able to play just fine with mods in the current most up-to-date beta.

In response to post #37063440. #37063825, #37064090, #37064100, #37064755, #37064890, #37065120, #37065405 are all replies on the same post.

I updated NMM.
I opened NMM.
gsusvideo wrote: I copied my plugins file over to the game folder, am installing/updating mods with nmm, then moving the plugins file back. Hopefully this works.
Notoriousweenie wrote: You probably have an outdated mod that isn't compatible with the latest patch. I am able to play just fine with mods in the current most up-to-date beta.

So, I tested something. I removed plugins.txt from appdata and the root folder. I also removed loadorder.txt and dlclist.txt. I opened NMM, which only showed the official esms under plugins. I loaded a previous loadorder from a .txt, then launched via NMM. When I tried to load a save, it gave me the missing plugins message. So I went into the mod library menu via the 'mods' option on main menu. Activated all the plugins. Reloaded data. Then quit the game. After all this, I now have a plugins.txt file in the root folder which I believe NMM created, as it shows my list of mods with * behind. Then there's a new plugins.txt file in the appdata, which is blank. And a new dlclist.txt, which has an alphabetical list of all the plugins I activated via the 'mods' menu within the game. I don't know what all this means. lol

In response to post #37064095. #37064415, #37065340 are all replies on the same post.

jpsimonetti wrote: Experiment in imagination - Picture those sales numbers from last year if Bethesda admitted to the world the Creation Kit wouldn't be available until May of 2016. That was a whole lot of dirty sales tactics to not admit the lifeblood of all Bethesda games - modding - would be stifled for 6 months, twice as long as even New Vegas (which was worth waiting for).
Sevaanos wrote: I remember them saying that the CK wouldn't be out till Spring of 2016, and guess what, its spring of 2016. So I say they were pretty on point.
jpsimonetti wrote: "The Fallout 4 Creation Kit, the software tool that allows PC modders to go wild, is set to arrive at the beginning of 2016."

In February, it was announced that the CK was being released in April, starting with the PC, then moving to consoles.

Pretty sure Fallout 4 had been out for 3 months by then. They let us believe it would be around in January - until January actually arrived. That is an underhanded sales tactic. They know how the modding community makes their games what they are. They basically promised their game would get better in 3 months after release. Aaaand nope.

actually no, only some people believed it was coming in january based on the "begining of 2016" part. well its april, the 4th month of the year...so yeah, still the begining. think about it for a sec

Wha'ts happening? It was not intentional for bethesda to move the location of the plugins.txt

They provided a hotfix shortly after restoring the appdata location of plugins.txt and it was working with NMM as usual. But now when I updated NMM the plugins list is all empty.

Amazing display thougg! You were almost faster to update NMM even though Bethesda was suprisingly fast to provide the hotfix. collision! :D

Edited by DrScandi

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310, #37061330, #37061370, #37062250, #37063400, #37063635, #37063720 are all replies on the same post.

SirSalami wrote: http://s32.postimg.org/7isbcw9s5/creation_kit_logo.gif

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which, we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more, but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are, so here’s the info:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.19) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes. After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. It’s now located in the game’s install directory (rather than %appdata%). It no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. Also, you no longer need to add an asterisk (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
LongerDeathReloadTime.esp
DarkerNights.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
Campsite.esp
CMPA +150.esp
SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

We’ll be updating the wiki to reflect these changes, accordingly.

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home, here.

So, this is what we’ve all be waiting for folks. Go get the kit and get your hands dirty! Though I have a few ideas of my own, I absolutely cannot wait to see the creations you come up with. It’s like a great vault has been opened, or something. ;)

Good luck, and happy modding!
jet4571 wrote: I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.
Internetservice wrote: jesus, calm down
Madpleasure wrote: I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.
Samurok wrote: it is expected as everyone try to log in to grab the CK ... just be patient ^^
Underprivlidged wrote: I had to try logging in about 5 times and it went through. I actually went to reset my password, it told me I can't use my old password, so tried it again twice and it logged in. Might work for ya, maybe not. I can't get anything to load in the CK, and am not ready to just start fresh (a bit rusty from my NV tinkering), so logging in might not even matter to you.
Akul wrote: Too many people are trying to download the thing (which I'm surprised you did not see coming) and getting a high-class server for one day per two year when it could get overcrowded is a horrible economical decision.
So if it doesn't work, try later. The CK won't run anywhere and chances are that some bug will be hotfixed by then.
ErosLogos wrote: jet,

I like your mods; but you can certainly see this is a matter of overloaded servers?

I for one will wait until the heat dies down. Then I'll download it.
BaldIdiot wrote: I had the same problem (I was unable to log in using Bethesda's launcher) until I set the launcher to run as administrator. It didn't work when I simply right-clicked and told it there to run as administrator, but when I opened the launcher's properties and changed it there I was finally able to log in and download the creation kit.

Fortunately I had no trouble logging in using Bethesda's launcher. Nor did I have any trouble downloading and installing the CK. Apparently I logged in after the initial demand for the CK had abated somewhat.

In response to post #37064095. #37064415, #37065340, #37065605 are all replies on the same post.

jpsimonetti wrote: "The Fallout 4 Creation Kit, the software tool that allows PC modders to go wild, is set to arrive at the beginning of 2016."

Samurok wrote: actually no, only some people believed it was coming in january based on the "begining of 2016" part. well its april, the 4th month of the year...so yeah, still the begining. think about it for a sec

Please don't get a swollen head.

I played the game three times before I got into modding, so I thought Fallout 4 was pretty much the greatest game I ever played then. I like mods, but I hate how so many users and modders have these enormous egos, thinking themselves as the reason why any Bethesda game is good. Guess what?

The game was pretty much fun without mods.

I get mods to make the game more fun to play. Not to fix a broken game.

As for dirty sales techniques? No such thing as a dirty sales technique; capitalism is an inherently underhanded and dishonest system. As long as it isn't explicitly illegal, anything goes. It's the name of the game. But I'd say it was technically on point; it arrived at the end of April, juusstt within the early 2016 window.

By the way, New Vegas was made by Obsidian; Bethesda had nothing to do with it. And while I liked New Vegas, and think it was this great game, I don't get how everyone is suddenly dickriding it. I remember when it wasn't all that popular to say that you liked it.

Wha'ts happening? It was not intentional for bethesda to move the location of the plugins.txt

They provided a hotfix shortly after restoring the appdata location of plugins.txt and it was working with NMM as usual. But now when I updated NMM the plugins list is all empty.

Amazing display thougg! You were almost faster to update NMM even though Bethesda was suprisingly fast to provide the hotfix. collision! biggrin.gif

Yeah I'm thoroughly confused. I've tried a few things and nothing's working to get the game running with mods.