Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37146835. #37149335 is also a reply to the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
Just thought, I'd leave that bit of information here.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.

make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.

with

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.

This is not working!!!!!!!!!

EVERY time I close NMM it disables ALL my mods. EVERY TIME!!!!!!

I open NMM, enable all the unchecked mods (that were disabled again and again and again and again, every time I close NMM), close NMM, and open F4SE/Fallout 4. It either crashes because it is missing the main ESM files or it loads and then says no mods are loaded/all mods are missing for my save. WHY?!?!?

This is incredibly annoying and 99.9% of the time the problems with mods not working is with NMM not installing something or NMM just generally being junk.

Edited by SphereOfRa

Seems a lot of people are having issues today.

Here's what I did to run my game -

Just to be clear, I have the latest of everything - NMM, F4SE, the now-live 1.5 update, and the open-Beta CK.

I launched my game and it started up fine.

I loaded up my lvl 129 char "Nickel Rose" (I did not notice any prefix the first time). The loading screen was up for a few minutes and then CTD.

I launched my game (I use NMM's 'custom launcher' and it is set to launch the F4SE launcher btw) and at this point I did not load a character save. I typed COC "randomcellnamehere" and loaded up a level 1 char for testing in a cell I am designing at the moment. The cell loaded up fine, the mods were all active etc. I exited the cell into the commonwealth and it created a save automatically when I did this.

Had a look around Lexington (where the load door teleported me) and it seemed to be running fine. I paused and opened up the save menu. There were now options to choose from the available characters (previously there were no other char options as I play only one char, ever) There were now also a prefixed (m) option, and a non-prefixed option.

Eg "(M) Nickel Rose" and "Nickel Rose".

I selected the prefixed category, chose the top file in this list, which was indeed my most recent save and loaded it with fingers-crossed.

The save worked fine. No crashing, no problems.

I don't know what else to say but to report that it works for me. And to share what I did so far. I did notice that in the save categories, in the modded saves list, only 6 files were listed, when i was certain that there were around 40 files yesterday. In the non-modded list for the same character were the rest of the saves and these will not load. (I think)

Edited by RaffTheSweetling

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740, #37145810, #37146130, #37146205, #37146585, #37146990, #37147025, #37147070, #37147180, #37148615, #37148775 are all replies on the same post.

MechaReptar wrote: CTD on loading saves after updating. Disabled all mods, CTD as soon as menu loads. reset Ini, CTD. Verified files, CTD. Removed F4SE, CTD. Unistalling now, will see if it still does after I reinstall.
misshalcyon wrote: I am having this same issue. It even CTD's if I click New Game and I can't understand why. Have you managed to figure out what's causing yours?
MechaReptar wrote: Not yet. Still reinstalling, I have the same problem with new games too. Are you using ENBoost, Reshader, or SweetFX?
misshalcyon wrote: I was using an ENB with SweetFX but I uninstalled it a couple of days ago, didn't have any issues after doing so either. I'm going to attempt a fix that someone posted just now, and see if that works. If not, then I'm completely confused.
MechaReptar wrote: Please let me know if it works, I dont use DEF_UI, but at this point im willing to do some black magic.
misshalcyon wrote: Sadly no, the method didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. I would like to avoid that, but it's looking like I might have to.
MechaReptar wrote: I'll let you know how it goes for me. Maybe save you the hassle. Hoping I find something elsewhere that with help also.
soulgamers wrote: Hi
Try what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said
in the post just below this run. all mods are now work for me. and no more CTD.
:yes: :thumbsup:
I also are using SweetFX and all are working.

i'll just add, thank god for those who know what they are doing. I'll not login to Steam any more. . I usually play offline.
zogthemighty wrote: Same problem here. Can't start new game, old save or anything. Deleted everything and reinstalled through steam, still no joy.
MechaReptar wrote: @soulgamers Tried Major's first; didn't want to reset everything in the beginning. Then went on to disabling mods and regenerating new ini's. Got frustrated and verified files and removing F04SE, then reinstalling. I am nowhere near an expert on these things, and this one has me stumped. I dont use Def_UI, but was willing to try til Misshalcyon told me it wasnt working for her either.
MechaReptar wrote: @Zogthemighty Did you delete the entire F04 folder, reinstall, and it still doesnt work? Ini's too? sorry, just trying to get a lot of info
misshalcyon wrote: So I've tested both MajorDick and Outlander3734's fixes, didn't work for me. I've tried logging into the Bethesda.net Mod menu, verified files, and basically run through the check-list of usual fixes, and still crashing on loading a save or clicking New Game. I'm honestly wondering if a full uninstall/reinstall is my only option, and if so, I am not looking forward to that.
soulgamers wrote: Hi misshalcyon

It didn't work for me .. . untill I updated NMM, just after trying those out.

It then worked, to my amazement. and now I'm still playing the game from where I left off.
from my last save.

I didn't wan't to delet anything and didn't. and i'm so glad that I didn't.
but everything is now working for me.
and I have so many Bat files in the fallout 4 main folder.
I was thinking sould I delet those, but I didn't have too.
All I did was as they said to do.
hey! I have 131 mods all turned on. and now all of them works.
MY GAME IS SAVED FROM DISASTER. thanks to following what they said.

Rioplats wrote: I found out that currently any non updated UI mods such as Pleasant UI cause CTDs on loading saves. Uninstalling them seemed to do the trick. I don't think simply disabling them works; the files regarding the UI have to be removed from the Fallout 4 folder.
If not that, then other mods which edit the base game files may be the problem. I'm not sure if that extends to string edits such as Full Dialogue. Esps which only add content shouldn't be at fault.

@Misshalcyon
After reinstalling, I added every mod back, ran NMM, deleted the Archive section from the Fallout4Custom ini, add the STRING\, ... (Like Major said), and I seem to have solved it. Not anything i didn't do before, except reinstalling. CTD on menu stopped after deleting the Archive section. I didn't reinstall Creation Kit, but i doubt that was it either. Gonna try my saves on survival (it bumped me to Very Hard) and test. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.

Im also using my old Fallout4.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini with the added String line.

Edited by MechaReptar

In response to post #37149660.

SphereOfRa wrote: This is not working!!!!!!!!!

I open NMM, enable all the unchecked mods (that were disabled again and again and again and again, every time I close NMM), close NMM, and open F4SE/Fallout 4. It either crashes because it is missing the main ESM files or it loads and then says no mods are loaded/all mods are missing for my save. WHY?!?!?

This is incredibly annoying and 99.9% of the time the problems with mods not working is with NMM not installing something or NMM just generally being junk.

If I manually add the main FO4 & DLC to the plugins file, I get a CTD before main menu.

If I leave it as NMM sets it, all my mods are disabled and only the main ESM and DLC are active.

So nothing is working right now. It was working perfectly before I last opened NMM, but now nothing works and I can't get it back again. This is beyond infuriating. I'm assuming it is NMM breaking everything since it is always NMM that causes problems.

I have NEVER had problems manually installing before this and using NMM to keep track of mod updates isn't worth the endless headache.

In response to post #37149660. #37149935 is also a reply to the same post.

SphereOfRa wrote: If I manually add the main FO4 & DLC to the plugins file, I get a CTD before main menu.

If I leave it as NMM sets it, all my mods are disabled and only the main ESM and DLC are active.

So nothing is working right now. It was working perfectly before I last opened NMM, but now nothing works and I can't get it back again. This is beyond infuriating. I'm assuming it is NMM breaking everything since it is always NMM that causes problems.

I have NEVER had problems manually installing before this and using NMM to keep track of mod updates isn't worth the endless headache.

I don't use any shaders or ENB. Almost all my mods all just texture swaps or small timer changes on things like grenades in pockets.

Why would this be working before lunch, but not after? Steam updated, yes, but that's it and it always updates when it opens. It says no new updates for Fallout 4, so wtf?

The ONLY change I made was opening the launcher to set the DOF from High to Low, and then opening NMM to turn the mods back on. Now nothing works. If it is the launcher, then seriously F**K bethesda, but if it is NMM then I'm done with NMM.

I was supposed to test mods for a friend and now I can't even test my own mods. Edited by SphereOfRa

So today start the game after patch. All my mods were not loaded but game ran. So updated the plugins.txt with * infront of the mods and tried again. The game CTD. So I had to manually test to see which mod was the culprit. And finally I found the MK14 is the one causing the CTD. I literally manually activate each mod and start the game each time. No i don't use NMM. I manually install all my mods. Not to hard to be honest. For what it is worth, here is my list of mods. As you can see MK14 has no* on it now. The game is running and i can load a save etc.

*Homemaker.esm

*Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp

*AES_Renovated Furniture.esp

*RedRocketFixed.esp

*SettleObjExpandPack.esp

*SettleObjExpandPack-HomemakerKeyPatch.esp

*SpringCleaning.esm

*OctaviusSentibar_Labels.esp

*Eli_Crafting Shiz 9000.esp

*ShootingTarget.esp

*fog.esp

*EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp

*Armorsmith Extended.esp

*GlovesOfTheCommonwealth.esp

*ProtoLining.esp

*NanoSuit.esp

*NanoSuit_AWKCR_AE.esp

*CROSS_CosmeticFramework.esm

*CROSS_Uni_Scarf.esp

*DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp

*N7-Armor-Standalone_by_Ruddy88.esp

*M2216.esp

*DesertEagle50AE.esp

*Glock20.esp

*LK05.esp

*USP 45.esp

mk14.esp

*M9.esp

*M1911.esp

*M9Sights.esp

*SCAR-LK.esp

*RangerSequoiaCraft.esp

*AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp

*LovingPiper.esp

*VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp

-UPDATED- I moved up the MK14.esp in the Plugin.txt to the top just below *Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp and it works now.

Edited by Yaku1

In response to post #37149660. #37149935, #37150095 are all replies on the same post.

SphereOfRa wrote: If I manually add the main FO4 & DLC to the plugins file, I get a CTD before main menu.

SphereOfRa wrote: I don't use any shaders or ENB. Almost all my mods all just texture swaps or small timer changes on things like grenades in pockets.

Why would this be working before lunch, but not after? Steam updated, yes, but that's it and it always updates when it opens. It says no new updates for Fallout 4, so wtf?

The ONLY change I made was opening the launcher to set the DOF from High to Low, and then opening NMM to turn the mods back on. Now nothing works. If it is the launcher, then seriously F**K bethesda, but if it is NMM then I'm done with NMM.

I was supposed to test mods for a friend and now I can't even test my own mods.

Ok, so reinstalling NMM and all mods seems to have worked... No clue why...