The Snow Arena

Dark0ne

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was surfing around the Internet the other day and found out at NOAA about droughts. Where I lived before moving across town we used to get two feet of snow in one day and that often lasted for several weeks. The drought in montana from 1998 seemed to have ended 2006. The status reported since suggests Montana weather in our area is considered normal now.

If this is normal? There's no more snow. The air outside @ 42.9 degrees Fahrenheit is cold as ice, because the sun is far to the south for the better part of the day. If this is normal weather and it keeps up like it is; all the fun we had building snow forts, having snowball fights, and making angels in the snow was because of the years of Bad Wet Drought. Yeah! Too much rain, too much snow, made for a lot of indoor games and some days were filled with memorable fun in the snow and rain.

If the dry cold weather keeps up like this I think I will find a place where there is snow destroying everyone's happiness so once in a great while we will all be glad it's over and life will return to what I thought was NORMAL???!!!

Normal around this time of year was a drought with so much snow and many days cooped up indoors. No wonder so many board games got played? I wondered why I was feeling so outdoorsy like. I wanted to go outdoors while the Sun is up. I find myself not playing video games as much until it gets dark? Dark at 16:30 MST. DARKest by 17:00 MST!

Snow! We need SNOW! So we can be trapped indoors for a week or two with thirty minute outings to get some fun in the Sun. Or go to the hills and mountains for sledding and skiing.

We need snow to have some FUN!

I may move there and maybe die of pneumonia. But who cares about that if I am having FUN until I do?! I am so used to the mental anguish caused by droughts. One more WET drought for the good times would sure help me feel at home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read several of the accounts of weather stories about drought weather. The words I saw describe a drought that started after a year from when I was born. Which ended almost the year I turned 10. The words played like an orchestra on my brain for an opera. Another drought started the year after I moved into the house I presently have I call my wooden tent. It ended during 2014. The description of the weather the area is experiencing is called, NORMAL WEATHER.

It's weather perfect for Spring and Summer outdoor camping.

Maybe to some this is normal weather.

Normal is whatever the weather was when it was and not like what some people wish for that just happens to be like it is now.

51.6 degrees Fahrenheit at the moment.

The noon hour is approaching.

I have a bunch of cardboard boxes and a bag of garbage to take to the garbage bin.

Maybe some NORMAL SNOW will find it's way here later? :tongue: I'll give you a nicely packed splat with a snowball then.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...