The Snow Arena

Dark0ne

On 1/19/2024 at 5:33 AM, Pagafyr said:

We have to keep our child self's potential energy charged up so we can enjoy the creations we've made, and to keep having fun!

Do you Agree?

Yes! Absolutely! When my father died the adult, logical, rational me accepted it but the child didn't and used to weep for her daddy. I tried reasoning with that child but she wouldn't listen so eventually I did what he'd have done and bought her stuff to make her smile - even if it was just for an hour or so. I stopped reasoning with her grief because it was so profound and fundamental and being mean to her didn't work. I stuck a picture on my desk of her as a sweet four year old playing with a bucket and spade and that's the child I look after now. It works well. She's playful and fun and I like her more than I like the rational adult! The rational adult is a pain frankly. The child is inventive and amusing. She chases the dog and isn't afraid to have a go at things. 🙂 

How's the snow? We're back to 2C but it's very very blowy... We have this frost pocket in part of our garden where the snow machine could work... I tried churning out a few snowballs but they're definitely on the flaky side and have no cohesion, however, if you throw them in the air it snows all over again - tiny dots of glitter. I've decided to throw snowballs at me. 

8 hours ago, zixi said:

throw them in the air it snows all over again - tiny dots of glitter.

There is always something to remind us we are fun loving people. 

• 2 months later...

It's Snowing!

Two days after the general calendar declares it is now Spring in the Mid-west.  I don't believe anyone who makes those calendars has ever been where it snows sometimes until May when they say, April Showers brings May Flowers.  ( Not here they don't Always.)

Too dry of a snow to make snow balls.  Takes off gloves.  Warms up some snow.

Splat!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  April showers do indeed bring forth May flowers. However, you appear to be having the snowy stuff instead. I'd weep if we got that as the trees have got buds on them now.

Is the snow settling and hanging about or is it waving goodbye?

Shakes snow from bobble hat. Nice throw!

The snow has gotten so there is a layer all over the roofs of the houses.  I noted the ones that have proper insulation.  It doesn't melt off those buildings, because they have updated their attic insulation lately.

I can remove the snow on the sidewalk with a leaf blower.  The cold air lingers on!   We had a week with it as high as 60 degree's F.  I don't know what they call those brief warm spells anymore.  They used to call them Indian Summers.

Well, the ground wasn't frozen here, and it's been at least partly sunny since the other night's snow.  So the snow has been melting from the bottom and evaporating from the top, clearing it more quickly.

*scoops up some and tosses it at Zixi and Pagafyr.*

No snow here at all. I have to resort to the snow making machine again and there's something decidedly iffy with it. It hasn't been the same since Neloth used it to make ice-cream. I told him not to. He never listens.

And that was decidedly sneaky. I was listening so carefully about the snow melting and evaporating I got lulled into a false sense of security. So ... splat! I hope there's not too much ice-cream in that... 

Um?  Fingers the snow stuck to my winter knitted cap.  Vanilla?  Milk cream?  Magically made causes a tingling on the tongue.  Yum!

Throw another one!

I was told a story about back in the 1900's about ice cream.  A grown up person told me about ice cream making when she was a child growing up on the families cattle ranch in the Southern mid-west state they lived.  She said the only time they could get ice cream was in the Winter time.  The root cellar got down to 52 degrees F. year round so it wasn't cold enough.

When the temperature got cold enough outside the house they could make ice cream with the butter churn and some snow they put in it.

Put the snow in first.  Then stick the milk churning butter container into it filled with fresh milk, and churn the milk until the top cream got thick.  It was just cold enough to freeze the cream.  Ice cream was born.  Her Mom must of had to sit outside the house when she did it.  Brrrr.

She must have dressed really well to work out in the cold back then.  I don't know how long it takes to make the milk into butter, or make the cream into Ice cream instead.  I will say it likely took awhile longer than picking a carton off the shelf in a grocery store.  LOL

Catch!  Throws vanilla flavored Ice cream balls.

Mmmm delicious. 

Re making ice-cream. It's actually not that different from how you make homemade ice-cream these days except for the snow. The freezer joins in now unless you buy a machine which does its own freezing. Bit excessive for a couple of people! My husband bought me an ice-cream maker a few years ago - for my birthday. I adore ice-cream. Anyway, we were in the process of selling the house so I had about 3.4 second to look at my present before he took it away for storing elsewhere so we could start clearing the house. I wasn't reunited with it till the winter which was a bit pointless... Great present though as I love gadgets. 

It's sunny and blowy here so I'm stuck with the snow making machine. Neloth is way too sure of himself and I think it's now producing comberry flavoured snow.

Splatty splat... gloop....

I've seen models of ice cream making machines for the kitchen.  Didn't have enough money to buy one.

I was disabled long ago, and am a mostly home educated.  One of the reasons I started surfing the internet was to talk with other people so I could learn good grammar.  Mic Ro Soft's Gramma didn't do it well enough, even when I tried using a Student Teacher Office OS. 

The snow is gone and my snow making spell caster is discharged.  I have to wait for it to get charged up.

Casts a teleport spell and sends a bnana split with two scoops of Ice cream, whip cream with bits of walnuts sprinkled on top with two cherries.

Enjoy!