Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

After running a poll in the mod author's forum asking mod authors what they would like to see done about this issue...

• 47 voted for a complete block of GMod
  • 1 voted for allowing the link but showing a notification that GMod is stealing content
  • 5 voted to make the option to block the traffic opt-in (so you can choose whether to allow the link or not)
  • 0 votes were registered for an "opt-out" system (e.g. links are allowed unless the author specifically says they aren't)
  • 0 votes were registered for the "do nothing" approach

The complete blocks have it by 88%.

The poll has only been up a few hours, but I think we can safely assume that the opinion of all mod authors here is undivided on this. It's funny, but this issue is probably one of the only things all mod authors agree on. You don't steal mods, and you don't steal content. You let authors decide where they want their stuff displayed.

As such, links from GMod to Nexus sites are now redirected to our blacklist page.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of their authors have added that, as not all the authors listed are being looked for. I'd be interested to know if that isn't the case though.

Yeah I clipped my post once I realized that.

Thanks Dark0ne. It is too bad those Russians are still getting away with stealing content and uploading it though. I wish that country would crack down on that.

I would say most Russian sites at least do not steal bandwidth and most of it's users would not be able to navigate an English site like the nexus. Most mods are also translated by those Russian communities also. So doesn't hurt anyone really.

And thanks for blocking them Dark0ne ;D

Edited by antonkr

Thanks Dark0ne. It is too bad those Russians are still getting away with stealing content and uploading it though. I wish that country would crack down on that.

I would say most Russian sites at least do not steal bandwidth and most of it's users would not be able to navigate an English site like the nexus. Most mods are also translated by those Russian communities also. So doesn't hurt anyone really.

Tell that to the guys porting my content to other games and passing it off under their names. :confused:

And thanks for blocking them Dark0ne ;D

No, they don't steal bandwidth, they just steal your whole mod and post it illegally on their site. So yes it does hurt us...really, are you that naive?