Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered making a special filetype like OMODs that work with it? It gives you more of a guarantee that the file will work. There could be a tag for it, or a separate download automatically added for users with the Nexus Mod Manager. Of course, by then it's so close to OBMM one might as well not really bother.

@ forli1

They will not "cooperate", but you will be able to use them separately (just like you use OBMM and Wrye). I guess, you will be able to set any of these as your default mod manager. Nexus client will probably import list of mods you are already using.

@ ub3rman123

What do you mean by "making a special file type" to guarantee that file will work? Do you mean that modders use the client to make this file type and then upload it on nexus so that it can be successfully installed by client when downloaded?

I still don't like the redesign of the Nexus sites at all, but this tool in contrast certainly sounds like a nice idea. If it really does what is promised, it would be quite helpful indeed. And releasing this tool under the GPL is something that I and certainly many other people appreciate.

@ ub3rman123

What do you mean by "making a special file type" to guarantee that file will work? Do you mean that modders use the client to make this file type and then upload it on nexus so that it can be successfully installed by client when downloaded?

Pretty much. I've seen people manage to jumble their .esps and meshes in ways I'd never thought of before, and an OMOD=type file ensures it'll work.

And the acronym for this needs to be OM NOM NOM somehow.

If you use the mod building tool it will create a .nxm file, which will act in the same way an omod or an fmod would work.

As far as script extenders go, the Client will support them and it's already been tested with FOSE and NVSE and works perfectly. They're not built in, so you'll still need to install/apply the script extenders to your game, but once you install the script extender the Client will pick up on that and provide you with the option to link it up with the Client. We are only focusing on FO3 and New Vegas right now, so the information on compatibility with other services for other games will have to wait until we get around to them.