Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a great step in the right direction. ;-)

I am only a simple user but this project will help us all managing our mods.

I have but only one question: what if some mod is incompatible with software?

Can I manage it the old way still using the Nexus program for all the others?

Thanks in advance

My reaction when I introduced to FOMM not long time ago was a big smile on my face for a whole week. I was so excited about it and since then I always create .fomod when I download mods and then install them. Now imagine my reactiom when I was reading this.

Keep up the good work. I also wanted to say thanks for the redesign of the site, previously Opera Mini on Nokia 5800 was unable to render the site properly, but now it renders it just fine. (I'm writing this on my Nokia 5800 BTW.)

I've been modding my oblivion from scratch for over two weeks by now and i still couldn't get over issues of installation orders. Yes, OBMM and BOSS (also wrye) handles your load order pretty well for sure. But I can't blieve there isn't a tool released for instalaltion order (there isn't even a written guide or a database like descriptions as functional as BOSS). all you can the is to read the readmefiles of everymod and pray there isn't any istallation order conflicts.

frans, ooo, cobl, fcom, raewvd, awls, obge, uop, quarl, hgec, bbc, etc...etc... and i'm not even including big projects like morroblivion or tamriel hightmaps: just look at the readmes of these and tell me; do we realy don't need any intallation order sorter software ?

i don't realy care for feautures of favouriting mods and downloading them instantly or any such cool features that is going to be offered with this new software just as long as it sorts my installation order.

And PLEASE put the shader supoort like OBMM. A whole reason to not to use wrye bash.

But I can't blieve there isn't a tool released for instalaltion order

Wrye Bash - the BAIN feature is precisely what you're looking for.

@Arthmoor - I'm sory to say but Bain is NOT what i'm looking for. Bain only allows me to manually change my mod installers orders. i want something more practical as i use more than hundreds of mods (also we shouldn't forget that wyre bash can't handle shader mods). Unexperienced modders such as me (even tho i know my way around wrye) always in need of something like 'automatic installation order sorter' or 'installation order sorting guide'... Or, is there any such feature on bain that i still don't know ? Edited by Elrumel