⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Mojave Restoration Project

DOOMdestroyer360

Yes, I already started porting over the ambient tracks and a few others. I'll have to include instructions in the readme to rip them from NV's .bsa since I can't upload them. In case anyone doesn't want to do that, I'll have a separate version that uses 4's music.

There may be some way to have the files ripped and put in the correct location in the files. It'd take some doing, but it seems possible.

This is not about difficulty, it's about copyrights.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I already started porting over the ambient tracks and a few others. I'll have to include instructions in the readme to rip them from NV's .bsa since I can't upload them. In case anyone doesn't want to do that, I'll have a separate version that uses 4's music.

There may be some way to have the files ripped and put in the correct location in the files. It'd take some doing, but it seems possible.

This is not about difficulty, it's about copyrights.

I'm well aware. I'm talking about automating the process on the user's end so they can direct a program to the NV game directory on their own computer and extract the files to their correct locations in the mod.

ah so the idea is that the requirement that you've already bought the game (both actually) makes it not an issue?

"The posting of any copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material, is strictly prohibited on any Nexus site. "

it'd have to be an organizational script the end-user has to execute, probably should include directions on which directories to get from, perhaps based around detecting the steam version of the game etc?
because ripping at all isn't allowed unless you own the thing you're ripping from or they gave permission :mellow:

Edited by tartarsauce2

ah so the idea is that the requirement that you've already bought the game (both actually) makes it not an issue?

"The posting of any copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material, is strictly prohibited on any Nexus site. "

it'd have to be an organizational script the end-user has to execute, probably should include directions on which directories to get from, perhaps based around detecting the steam version of the game etc?

because ripping at all isn't allowed unless you own the thing you're ripping from or they gave permission :mellow:

Yes, the user's gonna have to rip some of the files from their own copy.

Perhaps you should talk to team TTW if you are serious about an auto-porter. From what I understand, and not to shoot down your baby of an idea, but... I think they determined that the port isn't possible due to archiving differences and how the two games handle physics [Power Armor]. Still... if you are serious about wanting to do this then you are left with two choices. You can manually recreate the Majove... not impossible... just tedious. Or, you can auto-port it from one game to the next.

Perhaps you should talk to team TTW if you are serious about an auto-porter. From what I understand, and not to shoot down your baby of an idea, but... I think they determined that the port isn't possible due to archiving differences and how the two games handle physics [Power Armor]. Still... if you are serious about wanting to do this then you are left with two choices. You can manually recreate the Majove... not impossible... just tedious. Or, you can auto-port it from one game to the next.

That's not the issue. They've already started recreating the Majove by hand (As you can see in the screenshots on the last page). I was talking about auto-importing music files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...