ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

'Rage' Bethesda's latest

Craigsters

I've manually set my graphical cache to take full advantage of my Vram and I can tell you that it made the game go from ugly to beautiful, from unplayable 25fps to 60fps max on a 260GTX. Still waiting to SLI patch. I'm running rage on one GPU only.

Here are my settings if anyone interested:

seta image_usecompression "0"

seta image_anisotropy "8"

seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"

seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"

seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"

seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"

seta vt_maxppf "24"

seta vt_maxlockedpages "256"

seta vt_minlod "-2"

seta vt_lodBias "-2"

seta vt_maxaniso "2"

seta vt_qualityhdplossless "1"

seta vt_qualityhdppower "0"

seta vt_qualityhdpspecular "0"

seta vt_qualityhdpnormal "0"

seta vt_qualityhdpdiffuse "0"

seta vt_qualitydctpower "100"

seta vt_qualitydctspecular "100"

seta vt_qualitydctnormal "100"

seta vt_qualitydctchroma "100"

seta vt_qualitydctluma "100"

seta vt_restart

Create a file called rageconfig.cfg and place it into Rage\base

Use these settings if you have an i series processor and a 1gb VRam GPU. If you don't try reducing these settings to whatever you can find online for your specs.

seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"

seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"

seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"

seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"

seta vt_maxppf "24"

Also add these parameters to your Rage shortcut:

"GAMEDIRECTORY GOES HERE\Rage.exe" +cvaradd g_fov 12 +com_allowconsole 1 +com_skipIntroVideo 1 +image_anisotropy 8 +image_usecompression 0 +g_showplayershadow 1 +m_smooth 0

Edited by spyofchaos

Really, really not impressed.

It's a very average, or even sub average FPS on it's own but the graphics, "story", bugs and the way NPCs never shut up/get to the point just make it downright aweful in my eyes. It's been a long time since I returned a game on the same day I got it before.

Really, really not impressed.

It's a very average, or even sub average FPS on it's own but the graphics, "story", bugs and the way NPCs never shut up/get to the point just make it downright aweful in my eyes. It's been a long time since I returned a game on the same day I got it before.

ur one of the first ppl i heard say bad things about this. all my friends on Ps3 love it. and most of the message boards on reviews sites are pretty positive.

and you prolly shouldnt be playing an RPG if dialogue annoys you :P

Edited by hoofhearted4

Normaly I like dialogue but this was BAD dialogue.

Rambling on about nothing related to what you asked them about is simply annoying. And anyway I'd hardly call it an RPG. Speaking for myself I found this game very very mediocre, maybe even worse than that. It's just... boring.

Just completed it. It is a fun game if you get through the first hour or so. Lots of fun gunplay and the guns, as with all iD shooters, are great.

However, my god, the ending is terrible. So anti-climatic with absolutely no boss-fight. It's like they just stopped caring and went "ok, done!", with a ridiculously dumb amount of lose ends that can only mean one thing. A sequel. God I hate that sorta crap.

I have serious graphical issues with this game. For some time it works just fine, but after playing 1-2 hours graphics just stop to work and nice looking desert turns into huge pixels with different colors. I have to shut down and start again game every now and then to play it. Very annoying. Otherwise it's good fps game, some sort of mix between fallout and doom. No wonder, it's made by same game makers! :laugh: