Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

"If you own the PC version of Skyrim and all its add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn – on Steam, you’ll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition when it releases on October 28. The same applies to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition on Steam.

Skyrim Special Edition releases on October 28, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC."

At least that...

Where did you find that?

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/skyrim-special-edition-unveiled-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc/2016/06/12/145

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be quite hilarious if they didn't though. Paying for a new version with worse graphics than ENB and mods which we already have. Specially if it's not 64 bit.

Interesting, I wonder how would the new version affect the current roster of mods... SKSE, ENB, All the additional patches will have to be remade I believe. Let's hope they fix the moderation tools over at Beth.net, otherwise A LOT of modders are going to be really frustrated... this might literally send many away from modding all together or even worse take their mods down.

"If you own the PC version of Skyrim and all its add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn – on Steam, you’ll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition when it releases on October 28. The same applies to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition on Steam.

Skyrim Special Edition releases on October 28, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC."

At least that...

i was afraid this would be the case they will force the free upgrade to pc users so that consolers can get the goodies i.e mods.

At least that...

i was afraid this would be the case they will force the free upgrade to pc users so that consolers can get the goodies i.e mods.

Hopefully it's an optional upgrade and not an enforced patch.

At least that...

They'll get the mods regardless of whether we updated or not. Apparently Bethesda made sure that everything is in order to directly upload available mods to bethesda.net, not getting a PC update will actually be like adding salt to injury.

It would be quite hilarious if they didn't though. Paying for a new version with worse graphics than ENB and mods which we already have. Specially if it's not 64 bit.

Interesting, I wonder how would the new version affect the current roster of mods... SKSE, ENB, All the additional patches will have to be remade I believe. Let's hope they fix the moderation tools over at Beth.net, otherwise A LOT of modders are going to be really frustrated... this might literally send many away from modding all together or even worse take their mods down.

It will be interesting indeed to see how a site like Nexus will handle mods if both versions of games can't use them the same way or tools like Mod Organizer and Nexus Mod manager need a huge restructure. I've not modded Fallout 4 for pc so I don't know if its any difference than Fallout 3 but I'd assume any differences between fallout 3 being 32 bit and fallout 4 being 64 bit will be the same with this new Skyrim and its mod collection. I am sure Bethesda has taken into consideration mods already existing since it sounds like day 1 mods for consoles will work so that must mean existing mods can be injected into the game from the get go with no changes needed to them.

I don't think any of these mods are real? I'm guessing all the mods released will work, it would be weird if they don't.

The Imperial soldier in the screenshot uses a cape/cloak, it looks like it's from the "Cloaks of Skyrim" mod.

http://i.imgur.com/NEDDufM.jpg

Edited by aBaDmAn91

Will mods for this game even work with special edition?

Besides ENB, HDT and SKSE and SKSE dependent mods, everything should work just fine. If anything, I doubt they even changed the game code so that USLEEP will still be available to download. The Skyrim Special Edition is THE quickest, and dirtiest cash-grap in gaming history IMHO.