Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

It's a 5 months Journey until the remaster is out, Bethesda should pull their s*** together by that time, otherwise it'll be the "paid-mods" fiasco all over again. We're talking about 50K mods up for the taking, not 11K like FO4.

i think all of that 50k mods will have to be updated first. we currently don't know what kind of changes there will be in game but it sure seems major one.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more than willing to give it a try, but if I don't like it (or if it turns out to be worse than the original like Arkham City), then I expect to be able to revert back to vanilla so that I can mod the visuals to my own tastes. Hopefully it can be toggled on or off in the Data Files like the High Resolution Pack.

I really hope it's not an invasive and aggressive forced upgrade a la Windows 10. Older machines won't be able to handle all that volumetric dust.

It might even be an "exclusive" version of the game with mods gated behind a paywall. I've been wondering why so many of the prominent authors have been so subdued and aloof lately, and that would explain it (but I sure do hope I'm wrong about that).

At any rate, there's nothing in the limited amount of footage they've shown that would convince me to abandon my current stack of graphic mods, but I'll need to see more before I render a decision.

I'm more than willing to give it a try, but if I don't like it (or if it turns out to be worse than the original like Arkham City), then I expect to be able to revert back to vanilla so that I can mod the visuals to my own tastes. Hopefully it can be toggled on or off in the Data Files like the High Resolution Pack.

I really hope it's not an invasive and aggressive forced upgrade a la Windows 10. Older machines won't be able to handle all that volumetric dust.

It might even be an "exclusive" version of the game with mods gated behind a paywall. I've been wondering why so many of the prominent authors have been so subdued and aloof lately, and that would explain it (but I sure do hope I'm wrong about that).

At any rate, there's nothing in the limited amount of footage they've shown that would convince me to abandon my current stack of graphic mods, but I'll need to see more before I render a decision.

it is a one way road brother its not something that can be toggled off and on it will replace current skyrim on PC

I dont get the BIG issue with hiding mods and being mad at Bethesda. Here is my take on it

I have been making mods since 2009. I made mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and now I am working on Skyrim. I love the Elder Scrolls. I know many are mad with Bethesda with their Bethesda.net and console mods. I once played Morrowind and Oblivion on the console and the reason I switched to PC was for the mods and modding tools. And I wont go back to console again. But If I was a console gamer who didn't have the money to get a PC I would be so thankful not only that Fallout 4 console owners can get mods but now there releasing Skyrim for the next gen consoles and allowing mods to be available for the console. As a modder this opens a new door also allows me to have more fans of my work.

Am I a modder with great mods that are famous? No. I have tons of mods. With Morrowind and Oblivion combined I have over 100 mods on Nexus and plan on having over 30 some mods for Skyrim to be on Nexus soon. I remember the big fiasco when Steam Workshop were allowing for paid mods and many got mad and I was quite happy to hear that I could make money from mods and wish that wasn't shut down. Now the Steam Workshop's big issue was it was hard to take down mods that were stolen and I can understand why many would be mad about that. I would be if someone stole my mod and was making money off of it. I wish for the paid mods they could of allowed a way to request to take down mods that were stolen (And maybe Vavle did do that but I never recall hearing about it). Then with the author allowing to take legal action just like any other file or media content on the internet you can resolve it. I know Bethesda has said they will accept legal requests. If you send in a request to remove a mod from Bethesda.net they will take it down. And thats good enough for me.

And thats how it works on the internet. Thats how it works here on Nexus. And do you really expect someone at Bethesda to get paid by monitoring bethesda.net to see who has stolen mods all day long. Bethesda won't do it since it won't make sense as a company. Just like YouTube doesn't do it since there so many videos to go through so they require people to send in requests and they will look at the requests. I am sure people at Bethesda once in awhile search the web and make sure there no illegal downloads available for the games and do crack down on it since those games are bethesda and they need to keep an eye and make sure no one is stealing their game or else they will lose sales on that game. We as modders need to do the same. I do it once in awhile and I have caught people stealing my mods. And I made then take it off their own website which they had no permission by me to upload it there.

Also you must remember this is Bethesda game and I think if they want to do something with it they can. And we are using their modding tools, their game engine and their game itself to make these mods. Without that we cannot have this modding community. And I wished they done this a long time ago for Oblivion on Xbox 360. And I always thought Bethesda should have their own site for uploading mods. When Skyrim Remaster comes around I plan on uploading as many of my mods that I can to Bethesda.net so console gamers can enjoy my mods.

Contrary to popular belief, PC gamers are NOT mad that console gamers are getting mods, if anything, it should help push modding to be a thing so other games would follow suit. It's the method of handling the mods once uploaded and the stealing part that triggers people. You of all people should know how it feels to have your mod stolen, you said so yourself, you can flag files on Bethesda.net, but moderators are bethesda employees, if they can't handle the community they shouldn't have embraced it in the first place, if anything, let them hand over the mod management TO the community, it worked in the Nexus.

The paid mods thing is a complicated sort of affairs, aside from theft, you'll have dependencies, ridiculous prices. rip-offs, paid updates, smaller mods, no community effort like what we have right here and now, greed will get in the way of modding and instead of it being driven by passion, it'll be driven by greed, even if we think otherwise.

True, it is a Bethesda game, but it's also true that they'll be making money with every step they take, it's still a business after all, THE driving force for people jumping back on the Skyrim through the special edition IS modding.

And as for the legal-actions, it might be easy for you, but not all modders are able to afford taking a legal action, it's just too much trouble compared to just taking the mods off and never sharing anything again and we most definitely don't want that.

All in all, I hope things work out for everyone, I truly hope Bethesda finds a way to keep things orderly at their website so that gamers, PC folks and Consoles' can enjoy the mods created by their original authors without theft and any unnecessary drama. :)

It's a 5 months Journey until the remaster is out, Bethesda should pull their s*** together by that time, otherwise it'll be the "paid-mods" fiasco all over again. We're talking about 50K mods up for the taking, not 11K like FO4.

i think all of that 50k mods will have to be updated first. we currently don't know what kind of changes there will be in game but it sure seems major one.

Well, I honestly believe Bethesda made sure all those mods, sans SKSE dependent ones are compatible, otherwise they'll be leaving some of the biggest hitters out there out of their scope, something I believe they aren't likely to do since they want people to "experience the mods of skyrim". Otherwise, they'll have to release the PC version *before* the console' ones so that modders would have the time needed to port their mods, and I don't see bethesda taking that gamble.

Well, I honestly believe Bethesda made sure all those mods, sans SKSE dependent ones are compatible, otherwise they'll be leaving some of the biggest hitters out there out of their scope, something I believe they aren't likely to do since they want people to "experience the mods of skyrim". Otherwise, they'll have to release the PC version *before* the console' ones so that modders would have the time needed to port their mods, and I don't see bethesda taking that gamble.

with their track record of breaking things more than fixing things haha one can only imagine. many modders have left skyrim modding already so i don't know who will update those mods if it needs updating though im sure all mods will need an update.

with their track record of breaking things more than fixing things haha one can only imagine. many modders have left skyrim modding already so i don't know who will update those mods if it needs updating though im sure all mods will need an update.

LOL, I hear you brother. But if anything, I imagine that what would keep them true to form. One more thing, I honestly don't think the update will be forced, at least I hope not... I honestly think it'll be a separate download titled Skyrim Special Edition... and with that, I wonder what will happen to the bunch of ESMs that come with the original game.. I mean will we still have separate ESMs for DB, DG and HF along with the official high-res esps or will we have something like SkyrimSE.esm? this WILL f*** things up for people, lol.

I dont get the BIG issue with hiding mods and being mad at Bethesda. Here is my take on it

I have been making mods since 2009. I made mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and now I am working on Skyrim. I love the Elder Scrolls. I know many are mad with Bethesda with their Bethesda.net and console mods. I once played Morrowind and Oblivion on the console and the reason I switched to PC was for the mods and modding tools. And I wont go back to console again. But If I was a console gamer who didn't have the money to get a PC I would be so thankful not only that Fallout 4 console owners can get mods but now there releasing Skyrim for the next gen consoles and allowing mods to be available for the console. As a modder this opens a new door also allows me to have more fans of my work.

Am I a modder with great mods that are famous? No. I have tons of mods. With Morrowind and Oblivion combined I have over 100 mods on Nexus and plan on having over 30 some mods for Skyrim to be on Nexus soon. I remember the big fiasco when Steam Workshop were allowing for paid mods and many got mad and I was quite happy to hear that I could make money from mods and wish that wasn't shut down. Now the Steam Workshop's big issue was it was hard to take down mods that were stolen and I can understand why many would be mad about that. I would be if someone stole my mod and was making money off of it. I wish for the paid mods they could of allowed a way to request to take down mods that were stolen (And maybe Vavle did do that but I never recall hearing about it). Then with the author allowing to take legal action just like any other file or media content on the internet you can resolve it. I know Bethesda has said they will accept legal requests. If you send in a request to remove a mod from Bethesda.net they will take it down. And thats good enough for me.

And thats how it works on the internet. Thats how it works here on Nexus. And do you really expect someone at Bethesda to get paid by monitoring bethesda.net to see who has stolen mods all day long. Bethesda won't do it since it won't make sense as a company. Just like YouTube doesn't do it since there so many videos to go through so they require people to send in requests and they will look at the requests. I am sure people at Bethesda once in awhile search the web and make sure there no illegal downloads available for the games and do crack down on it since those games are bethesda and they need to keep an eye and make sure no one is stealing their game or else they will lose sales on that game. We as modders need to do the same. I do it once in awhile and I have caught people stealing my mods. And I made then take it off their own website which they had no permission by me to upload it there.

Also you must remember this is Bethesda game and I think if they want to do something with it they can. And we are using their modding tools, their game engine and their game itself to make these mods. Without that we cannot have this modding community. And I wished they done this a long time ago for Oblivion on Xbox 360. And I always thought Bethesda should have their own site for uploading mods. When Skyrim Remaster comes around I plan on uploading as many of my mods that I can to Bethesda.net so console gamers can enjoy my mods.

Contrary to popular belief, PC gamers are NOT mad that console gamers are getting mods, if anything, it should help push modding to be a thing so other games would follow suit. It's the method of handling the mods once uploaded and the stealing part that triggers people. You of all people should know how it feels to have your mod stolen, you said so yourself, you can flag files on Bethesda.net, but moderators are bethesda employees, if they can't handle the community they shouldn't have embraced it in the first place, if anything, let them hand over the mod management TO the community, it worked in the Nexus.

The paid mods thing is a complicated sort of affairs, aside from theft, you'll have dependencies, ridiculous prices. rip-offs, paid updates, smaller mods, no community effort like what we have right here and now, greed will get in the way of modding and instead of it being driven by passion, it'll be driven by greed, even if we think otherwise.

True, it is a Bethesda game, but it's also true that they'll be making money with every step they take, it's still a business after all, THE driving force for people jumping back on the Skyrim through the special edition IS modding.

And as for the legal-actions, it might be easy for you, but not all modders are able to afford taking a legal action, it's just too much trouble compared to just taking the mods off and never sharing anything again and we most definitely don't want that.

All in all, I hope things work out for everyone, I truly hope Bethesda finds a way to keep things orderly at their website so that gamers, PC folks and Consoles' can enjoy the mods created by their original authors without theft and any unnecessary drama. :smile:

I do agree that it is unnecessary drama that should be easily fixed. I like people take pride in their mods. And modders are not alone. Bethesda doesn't like it when people pirate their games and same with many game developers and publishers. They all have to take legal action and I think that it was kinda a given since day one even here on Nexus. If someone stole your mod you took legal action. I understand if modders don't have time to do so but if they can't handle taking legal action with Bethesda.net uploads how can they have time to keep track if legal action with their mods on Nexus or Steam Workshop? If a modder has not time to ensure their mods are not stolen on Nexus or Steam Workshop then why did they upload them to begin. Once more website isn't much to keep an eye on.

I do agree that it is unnecessary drama that should be easily fixed. I like people take pride in their mods. And modders are not alone. Bethesda doesn't like it when people pirate their games and same with many game developers and publishers. They all have to take legal action and I think that it was kinda a given since day one even here on Nexus. If someone stole your mod you took legal action. I understand if modders don't have time to do so but if they can't handle taking legal action with Bethesda.net uploads how can they have time to keep track if legal action with their mods on Nexus or Steam Workshop? If a modder has not time to ensure their mods are not stolen on Nexus or Steam Workshop then why did they upload them to begin. Once more website isn't much to keep an eye on.

They uploaded their mods because they're gamers, not lawyers, modders have real lives too, they play the game, mod it, release the mod and update it when they can on their own pace, adding the hurdle of hunting down thieves and lawsuits isn't something everyone is willing to go through tbh, it'd be way easier to stop modding altogether.