Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 90% sure this will be exactly the same build as FO4, meaning among other things that meshes will be broken & need conversion. That's a pretty big chunk of mods right there.

Nah, just an engine update with better shaders, high-res textures... etc. DX11 instead of DX9. Updating the whole game to run on the FO4 engine will require MASSIVE work on their end, something they won't commit to for an old game.

I do agree that it is unnecessary drama that should be easily fixed. I like people take pride in their mods. And modders are not alone. Bethesda doesn't like it when people pirate their games and same with many game developers and publishers. They all have to take legal action and I think that it was kinda a given since day one even here on Nexus. If someone stole your mod you took legal action. I understand if modders don't have time to do so but if they can't handle taking legal action with Bethesda.net uploads how can they have time to keep track if legal action with their mods on Nexus or Steam Workshop? If a modder has not time to ensure their mods are not stolen on Nexus or Steam Workshop then why did they upload them to begin. Once more website isn't much to keep an eye on.

They uploaded their mods because they're gamers, not lawyers, modders have real lives too, they play the game, mod it, release the mod and update it when they can on their own pace, adding the hurdle of hunting down thieves and lawsuits isn't something everyone is willing to go through tbh, it'd be way easier to stop modding altogether.

I understand we all have lives. I live a busy life too. And if modders wish to remove their mods they can. If a modder wants to add piracy protection they can but I think its wrong since innocent console gamers will have messed up saves and honestly anyone can do that to PC gamers too by making a mod that bloating your save. But I just feel people are getting together to make this become an uproar, Maybe I am wrong. But when Steam Workshop first came out there wasn't any of this stolen mods issue going around. Nevertheless I not worried about. And in time this will pass I feel even if many modders do remove their mods or add DRM to their mods since new modders will come along and new mod authors will come along accepting Bethesda.net for what it is.

I understand we all have lives. I live a busy life too. And if modders wish to remove their mods they can. If a modder wants to add piracy protection they can but I think its wrong since innocent console gamers will have messed up saves and honestly anyone can do that to PC gamers too by making a mod that bloating your save. But I just feel people are getting together to make this become an uproar, Maybe I am wrong. But when Steam Workshop first came out there wasn't any of this stolen mods issue going around. Nevertheless I not worried about. And in time this will pass I feel even if many modders do remove their mods or add DRM to their mods since new modders will come along and new mod authors will come along accepting Bethesda.net for what it is.

Actually one of the VERY reasons the paid-mods thing ended was stolen mods... among other things of course. I honestly wish everyone took the legal road but I know many won't and it's sad because they just want to have fun making and sharing mods. Anyways, like you said, I hope things pass on smoothly over the coming months. Bethesda has one hell of a job ahead of it :smile:

"If you own the PC version of Skyrim and all its add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn – on Steam, you’ll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition when it releases on October 28. The same applies to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition on Steam.

Skyrim Special Edition releases on October 28, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC."

At least that...

Well thats good atleast, so now i dont have to Re-buy Skyrim Remastered just for its Special Effects.

I still dont care by the way, since its the exact same Game with Mods from the Community with No AI Fixes or Extended Stories or New DLC and then you guys say Most Mods wont work with Skyrim Remaster. Sorry, not looking forward to that thank you.

Now i will just wait another maybe 4 Years more for TES6. I Hate you ESO

Edited by daventry

I'm sorry but all this whining from some of you about a free upgrade is hilarious(ly sad). If you don't like it, you don't have to download it. If you don't want console users downloading your mods then simply don't put them onto Bethesda.net and require a console~ command to activate them.

There is really no problem here with this, it's literally a free upgrade and content on a 5 year old game.