Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

I'm sorry but all this whining from some of you about a free upgrade is hilarious(ly sad). If you don't like it, you don't have to download it. If you don't want console users downloading your mods then simply don't put them onto Bethesda.net and require a console~ command to activate them.

There is really no problem here with this, it's literally a free upgrade and content on a 5 year old game.

im sure you weren't living under a rock for the past few weeks. its the console thieves who were stealing the mods from nexus and were uploading them bethesda.net as their mods claiming they made them and some were even asking for donations for their hard work of stealing.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all speculation untill it is released and someone updates to this remastered version and hits play with his carefully heavily modified Skyrim.

If mods need to be updated i do not think there will be many authors happy to upgrade and expose the mod to potential theft untill Bethesda makes a waterproof system.

Another thing, i never had a console so i have no idea how they work, but what will happen if a player has both Fallout 4 and Skyrim and starts downloading mods? What is the space limit on consoles? And Bethesda need to fix the loadorder sorting issue on consoles from what little I have been reading about it. Skyrim has a lot hanging on a correct loadorder for it to work with mods. The popular and large Skyrim mods have become more and more intricate, complex and dependant on 3th party programs over the years. Will Bethesda make clear what the limitations for the consoles are? Right now they make it sound like you can have a 255 modlimit hitting Skyrim with all the great and complex mods ever released on your console!?

I have to admit my tech knowledge is limited but if they upgrade to 64bit i know for sure MO will not work anymore and the Fallout 4 64bit Mod organizer, which is still being worked on, needs to be made suitable for Skyrim. That is the least of problems amf if the creator is willing fairly easy once the problems on tue Fallout version are solved. But, what about all script depended mods, how big is the difference between 32bit ENB and 64bit ENB? What if SKSE needs to be updated and all the mods that depend on it? What about the Unofficial Skyrim patches? Will Bethesda have sorted out all the issues that it solves themselves? Will the authors of big mods like Falskaar/Elswyr etc. update them if it turns out they will not work on the remastered version? Do authors want to give support for potentially 3 different versions? "Original Skyrim" "Remastered Skyrim" and consoles? Will authors release new mods in 2-3 versions?

Offcourse as said it's all speculation, there is always the small chance it will work without issues but just looking at past releases from Bethesda and the ones for Fallout 4 atm, i have serious doubts this one will go without any problems that are left to the community to solve.

I hope Bethesda comes up with some answers how this remastered version works very soon and before it is released. This just raises more and more questions and has the huge potential to turn into another major "shitstorm" not talking about a flood of console players that will be asking for console versions of Skyrim mods that are not possible technically or simply timewise for the authors.

what i concerned most is the compatibility of mod and enb, if they can work fine on the remaster version i would like to upgrade it, otherwise i will wait and see. While the question is if it is not so compatible with the old version and i choose to not upgrade it, will the modders do like this too? I'm worried about that if some new mods only support the remastered version, we have to upgrade to the remaster version no matter you like it or not.

what i concerned most is the compatibility of mod and enb, if they can work fine on the remaster version i would like to upgrade it, otherwise i will wait and see. While the question is if it is not so compatible with the old version and i choose to not upgrade it, will the modders do like this too? I'm worried about that if some new mods only support the remastered version, we have to upgrade to the remaster version no matter you like it or not.

You might indeed miss out on some "remaster mods" but you have the same problem already, some mods are not compatible and you have to decide which one you want. But we will just have to wait and see what happens it's all speculation at this point. If it really becomes a major problem, there is perhaps a technical solution to have 2 versions of Skyrim installed?? But i am afraid that probably means you have to opt for buying the remastered version instead of the free upgrade if you meet the requirements for it!?

And now that i said that, that could perhaps be just what Bethesda is aiming for, could they really be that devious? Thinking we do not want to loose our carefully modded finally not crashing Skyrim over the past years and just to be sure buy the remastered version?

This is Bethesda negating the Nexus and all the effort modders have put in to fix Skyrim. This is Bethesda negating the current system, which is not broken and is in no need of fixing on the PC, in order to control the modding scene. They are surely giving us no choice but to accept their terms or stop playing their games.

They admitted that they found it impossible to invade an already thriving modding community when they tried to introduce paid mods... So they are now going to force that community to start over on their terms.

I have no doubt that the remaster will be an automatic download and not an optional DLC.

Therefore all our mods will need to be updated in order to work with the new version.

All our current saves will be incompatible.

Our main menus will have a shiny new 'Bethesda.net' or 'Mods' option that cannot be removed.

And our saves will be marked with an 'M' and the inability to earn achievements...

Skyrim as you know and love it will be gone.

Edited by Mitigate