⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snip

Bethesda have already confirmed that significant new security measures are coming to Bethesda.net to tackle mod piracy - most notably, all Bethesda.net accounts will need to be associated with a Steam account that owns Fallout 4. If that account is banned for mod piracy, your Steam account is entirely barred from Bethesda.net forever. That means mod pirates who want to repeatedly offend will need to continually re-buy Skyrim.

I honestly think the console mod piracy thing is a mountain being made out of a molehill. Obviously it sucks and I have no sympathy whatsoever for console mod pirates - but the exact same thing was happening with the Steam Workshop back when that first released. It's just a teething trouble of the new platform, and it'll be ironed out over time.

I am reposting this because it needs to be read and passed on. This is good news.

snip

Bethesda have already confirmed that significant new security measures are coming to Bethesda.net to tackle mod piracy - most notably, all Bethesda.net accounts will need to be associated with a Steam account that owns Fallout 4. If that account is banned for mod piracy, your Steam account is entirely barred from Bethesda.net forever. That means mod pirates who want to repeatedly offend will need to continually re-buy Skyrim.

I honestly think the console mod piracy thing is a mountain being made out of a molehill. Obviously it sucks and I have no sympathy whatsoever for console mod pirates - but the exact same thing was happening with the Steam Workshop back when that first released. It's just a teething trouble of the new platform, and it'll be ironed out over time.

I am reposting this because it needs to be read and passed on. This is good news.

Calling it: those measures will be inefficient.

So many negative Nancy's in this thread and other related ones. Chill the f*#@ out, we have a couple months till this releases to ask pertinent questions.

Someone said this was a 'dirty cash grab' which is kind of silly, downright stupid thing to say since they [bethesda] had to spend time and money to develop this remastered version of the game and are offering free upgrades. Sure, to qualify you have to meet the criteria they set, however if you enjoyed this game in the slightest you qualify.

The real question people should be asking is for the specs of the remastered version, is this going to be 64bit DX11+ or what?

So yeah just chill with the hyperbole and start pestering the persons with the info on the specs.

So many negative Nancy's in this thread and other related ones. Chill the f*** out, we have a couple months till this releases to ask pertinent questions.

Someone said this was a 'dirty cash grab' which is kind of silly, downright stupid thing to say since they [bethesda] had to spend time and money to develop this remastered version of the game and are offering free upgrades. Sure, to qualify you have to meet the criteria they set, however if you enjoyed this game in the slightest you qualify.

The real question people should be asking is for the specs of the remastered version, is this going to be 64bit DX11+ or what?

So yeah just chill with the hyperbole and start pestering the persons with the info on the specs.

That was me questioning their motive and as i said all speculation also. Though it might not be all that far from the thruth. Only if you own the game with all DLC you are entitled to the free upgrade. Not everyone has all the DLC either on PC or console so they have a choice, buy the DLC and get the upgrade for free or buy the remastered version. Either way you will have to invest even if it is just 5 dollars. There were more then 20 million copies sold over all platforms, do the math if just 1 million people buy the missing DLC just for the free upgrade. Not counting special sales Dawnguard and Dragonborn both 20 dollars each on steam and 5 dollars for Hearthfire. 40 for the legendary edition. I do not know what the console prices are.

And as far as the effort put into it, modders managed to merge Fallout 3 and FO New Vegas into one single game, A tale of two wastelands, in their spare time. I highly doubt it took Bethesda's experienced developers with extensive knowledge off Skyrim alot of effort to "port" Skyrim to whatever it's going to be based on. Dx11 64bit or whatever. They own every single asset of the game and unlike for example the creators of Teswind renewal, who have to make every part of the game from scratch, thwy can almost as simple as copy paste Skyrim into whatever engine they are using and focus on just code.

Hypothetical since im not smart in how modding works. Say skse gets fixed for the remaster. And the remaster is 64bit and dx11. How much would this change what we have now to compared to what we can do? Is this a big upgrade or would be just minor for mods?

Hypothetical since im not smart in how modding works. Say skse gets fixed for the remaster. And the remaster is 64bit and dx11. How much would this change what we have now to compared to what we can do? Is this a big upgrade or would be just minor for mods?

Oh, it big.

First of all, skyrim should be more stable and able to use more ram. That means more FPS if your rip allows it. I mean more npcs, more cluttered world spaces, less crashes, less stutter all the good stuff. In short, it would be able to handle more strain except scripts strain.

thwy can almost as simple as copy paste Skyrim into whatever engine they are using and focus on just code.

Which you can see in the trailer for the special edition, none of the textures appeared to be directly improved, just post processing effects.

All said and done, I am stoked for the upgrade. I might have to manually update all of my mods but I have had to do that with every DLC they released for Skyrim in an inverse fashion (making 200+ mods effect the new lists, npcs and areas the DLC may have added), and will have to do that for Fallout 4 every time a DLC comes out. It is just par for the course that is progress.

The amount of mods capable under the new system if the upgrade involves a full 64 bit upgrade (which it likely will) are mind boggling.

Edited by Darthsith

Is it Gamebryo engine again? I wish for some Unreal 4 instead... But it is free, lets hug it and shake it happily :cool:

Agree DMCbr!

I've been reading all the stuff since the news came out. That it's a separate game for PC seems clear enough. The thing I really, really want to see is 64 bit, Directx 11. I've a good rig, and I want to see it open up and drive the Remastered Skyrim - freed from banging against that effing 4GB limit of the stuttering 32 bit. And the other thing I want to see is some of the insanely wooden characters with broken lip-synch brought to life and looking good (though I don't think we'll get as lucky as that - it's a remaster, not a re-make :dry: ). Also, the trailer and the 'faked' downloadable mods look like they have been patched together from the vanilla game and a few mods to give an impression of the new version. I am sure I recognise the Vividian ENB sunset in there! :smile:

I want to be positive about this. It may reinvigorate (I hope) our Nexus Skyrim modding scene which, to be frank, seems to be sinking into a glut of clone-look Manga-faced followers with drippy eyes (with all due respect to those who enjoy these mods, of course). New mods! New ENBs?! And maybe I might get myself into making mods rather that using them (I pity the victims trying them...)

I'm hanging on news over the engine for this remaster. If we love it enough (I hope) maybe it will get Bethesda hurried up on TES 6. :happy:

If anyone can confirm (with proof) about 64 bit, please let us all know immediately! Thanks.