Contraptions is Out - First Impressions

RaffTheSweetling

Seriously you don't need to defend bethesda every time someone says they're not happy with the game or DLC. Some of us do not find the dlc or lacking parts of the game all that fun and that's okay. You like the game congrats for you, now have a cookie.

Kinda was thinking the same. Although I haven't used a single item so far and can't give an honest judgment or review.

But I don't think, they really wasted time and money. They just made available what they already had. It seems to me, all the stuff DLCs are made of items they already had in use and just added them to the gamers at large.

Edited by cossayos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messed around with the new stuff a little and the biggest thing I can see, for me that is, is the pass-through conduit that lets you pass electricity through walls. That's huge and will give you the ability to clean up all of your wiring in your settlements.

Honestly after playing around with it I wish they had taken the time to do story content.

Everything added by contraptions & wasteland workshop was either already in game files (just couldn't be placed in build mode) or could have been added by modders without much hassle (few days-week or 2 worth of work for most established modders)

Some of it was already in existing mods too.

But I get it, Bethesda is a company & they have realized that there is a market for this stuff so they will milk it dry.

Just feels like a waste having them do it instead of making more official story/mission content.

I'm already planning a box car-warehouse city for Starlight Drive. I'm glad there is a nearby train track so the box cars don't look out of place and I've been struggling to build something for it when like, every other place I own is built up like a fortress xD

This pretty much. The boxcar set brings back fond memories of how Megaton was constructed, except Megaton used diner restaurants instead of box cats. Looking forward to recreate that and Vault City when that DLC comes out

hope somebody mods this dlc to make it fun

Good news, it's already fun.

Seriously you don't need to defend bethesda every time someone says they're not happy with the game or DLC. Some of us do not find the dlc or lacking parts of the game all that fun and that's okay. You like the game congrats for you, now have a cookie.

Lol ok. Not even defending Bethesda so you can go away, there are also numerous times I call Bethesda out on stuff like their atrocious new forum and mod system and some of the decisions for their past games. So kindly take your hostility somewhere else if you're going to rage at everything you don't like. :D

Edited by CiderMuffin

And yet you don't call them out for calling these workshop mods "DLCs" (not to mention how much they are charging)? Yes they are really just overpriced mods that for the most part probably should have been included in the base game. Luckily I bought the Season Pass way back when I first bought the game so at least it isn't costing me as much as others...

And yet you don't call them out for calling these workshop mods "DLCs" (not to mention how much they are charging)? Yes they are really just overpriced mods that for the most part probably should have been included in the base game. Luckily I bought the Season Pass way back when I first bought the game so at least it isn't costing me as much as others...

Well, DLC isn't anything specific except that it's downloadable game content usually made by the company that made the game and you usually pay for it, so these are DLCs. The price is reasonable. If paid mods came back, I think a mod containing the same amount of content with the same quality as the first wasteland workshop DLC would be worth $5. You can argue modders would give you the same thing for free if they had all the tools that Bethesda have, but people have made much larger things for free as well. Does that mean we should never pay for something that's smaller than the biggest free thing we can get?