mw3 vs bf3

GatorESG

its almost like MW3 vs BF3 is like a console vs PC flame war.

cause MW3 is very heavily geared to console players, more specifically is geared to xbox, so much so, that they they legit believe that their online is the best and that FPSs should be played on xbox, when in reality, the online is the same, and the controls are just whichever controller you prefer. the xbox controller isnt any more special at FPSs then the PS3 controller....only owning a Ps3, i cant use the xbox controller very well, so i dont like it.....but the thought is, because MW/CoD has being so hyped on xbox, that its fanboys thin its the superior console for FPSs and online game play in general

most BF3 flame wars i see, they bring up the PC and how its the dominant console. most arguments on the CoD side, dont mention console (again cause i think they believe most CoD players play on xbox) but yea....from what i see, most BF elitests are also PC elitests, which also annoys me....i dont like elitests of any console! soo annoying :P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its almost like MW3 vs BF3 is like a console vs PC flame war.

kinda, but it's really still more like console v console. I remember way before the internet this was going on then, and it was Sega v NES. Then really kicked off with Genesis/Megadrive v SNES. And the companies really played into it as well, Sonic v Mario and all that.

FPS games can more or less be considered fostered on the PC in the infancy and what some would probably consider the hay days of the entire genre as a whole... and then most development basically moved to catering to the console crowd which was both a good and bad thing imo. And the notion of 'xbox kiddies' was born when online play finally came to the console crowd, PC gamers were internet playing for years before XBL and Sony finally decided to keep up with M$, actually if it wasn't for M$ for hyping XBL back in the day sony would probably have dragged it's feet in that department. So eventually there ended up being some thing called xbox kiddies, though it's not much better in MMO's apparently, which is even still a really PC orientated thing to this day... So yeah I dunno where I was going with any of that. Just how I saw things at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There both nice I guess, only thing I dislike is that they released 3 times the same game for MW, some new maps obviously, but still.... There still things overpowered. I like BF3 a lot better, more realistic. MW series are simply action arcade shooters. That there is some "realistic" weaponry in it doesn't mean it's less arcade.

BF3 is also a lot more complicated, tactical and mostly challenging than MW3. I really didn't like to play MW3 online because of the fact it was all the time the same. Same rules to win. Lie down when your being shot at, stay at edge of the map and some other things I heard off. I wasn't free to do something different and still win. Secondly I still experience lagg in MW3 even when it says I have good ping.

Oh well, everyone his own taste, I don't like MW....... Battlefield is cool :).

• 1 month later...

Battlefield is alright... I am named CrucialOutcast and am level 75, so therefore have played quite a bit...

I would most likely prefer they didn't update, I therefore have not played over the last 3 weeks... The 2GB patch was completely f***ed up and therefore I do not appreciate their major changes...

Server stability - MW3

Graphics - BF3

Game-play - BF3

Maps - BF3

Social Community - BF3

Realism - BF3

Campaign - BF3 / MW3 (I haven't played any campaign of either so feel free to determine which one is better)

< 16yo - MW3

Mature gamer's who don't f*** around - BF3

Launching of the game - MW3

MW2 > MW3

1) the game-play is completely the same

2) the graphics are completely the same

* But seriously, MW3 is basically an expansion of MW2, with limited to no changes

3) AND they still have the kids playing it

* say they are s***, all hell breaks loose :P

4) It still has good server stability as MW2 did

BFBC2 > BF3

1) game modes are still the same besides team death-match added, maps are incredibly larger and destruction among all, was majorly improved

2) Updates are severely f***ing around with origin and PunkBuster on BF3, BFBC2 did not have such issues and if they did, rarely

3) I dislike the web browser - server browser, and so do many others. They should have kept it alike BFBC2, when they launch the game first!

4) Server stability from BFBC2 had very little problems, BF3 is receiving a lot complaints

Discuss...

Edited by CrucialOutcast

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have a question to ask.

My brother and I got MW3, the first CoD we ever got (aside from the first one on computer), for the Xbox360. Frankly, we are sick of it. Its fun, no doubt, but we're not what you'd call "insane gamers". Online, we get maybe 5 kills for every 15 deaths. We don't like it, and I don't know if its our skill or the lag (Australian broadband) that means we die far more often than we kill, but its not fun playing with people with lighting reflexes who drop to the floor and shoot your foot with a sniper to kill you.

So I ask this; should we trade it in for BF3? I've read that the game is more about cooperation than just shooting down the enemies as soon as you come around a corner. I think we'd be better at that.

My brother and I got MW3, the first CoD we ever got (aside from the first one on computer), for the Xbox360. Frankly, we are sick of it. Its fun, no doubt, but we're not what you'd call "insane gamers". Online, we get maybe 5 kills for every 15 deaths. We don't like it, and I don't know if its our skill or the lag (Australian broadband) that means we die far more often than we kill, but its not fun playing with people with lighting reflexes who drop to the floor and shoot your foot with a sniper to kill you.

So I ask this; should we trade it in for BF3? I've read that the game is more about cooperation than just shooting down the enemies as soon as you come around a corner. I think we'd be better at that.

...yes, you will enjoy it much more. I have every COD from WoW up, and im one of those guys who kills the second he sees you, but i also have all the battlefields too, and i can tell you that from your description you will enjoy battlefield much more.

coming from call of duty, you will enjoy so many of the new aspects of battlefield, but two things will throw you off. First off, the walking is much more realistic so you cannot turn on a dime; there is a slight delay if you were to try to jolt sideways. Second, the aim-down-sights animation is not as smooth; its much improved from bfbc2 but its not CoD smooth.

Playing all the Battlefield(and I mean ALL even the top rated mod,,project reality rocked haha) and All the CODs.I TOTALLY choose Battlefield,,I mean the game title is what it says,,BATTLEFILD.You and your team have completely control over the tide of war in the battlefield games,I mean the guns work great(some are OP after the patch but doesn't bother me) unlike COD when you get a certin gun,,you have no reason to progess or use other guns simply cause each COD game had AT LEAST one overpowered weapon.

Also I think Call of duty is just plain boring right about now..i mean man I can only stand to play it for 5 mins while battlefield keeps me in the game.I feel if I leave I'm letting down my team.Plus the fact it can be broken down into squads(and if your playing a Clan game or a game with people willing to listen,,flawless,,,Delta team is moter team,,bravo is medic the team work is amazing),,I mean I GET SICK of hearing "You can't compare the top,,,that's just an excuse for not proving a valid argument.Most COD fans say that a lot,,COD 4 in my opinion was the last good one,,before a lot of crazy things were added(ac130 is pointless.I mean if you enjoy COD By all means play the hell out of it,,but in no way is it better then Battlefield.Plus black ops two is gonna be another cash cow,,it already broke records again,,I mean selling more doesn't make it a great game.I know people who brought it cause it was the"cool" thing to do...whatever it's all opinions at the end of the game.

Battlefield is alright... I am named CrucialOutcast and am level 75, so therefore have played quite a bit...

I would most likely prefer they didn't update, I therefore have not played over the last 3 weeks... The 2GB patch was completely f***ed up and therefore I do not appreciate their major changes...

Server stability - MW3

Graphics - BF3

Game-play - BF3

Maps - BF3

Social Community - BF3

Realism - BF3

Campaign - BF3 / MW3 (I haven't played any campaign of either so feel free to determine which one is better)

< 16yo - MW3

Mature gamer's who don't f*** around - BF3

Launching of the game - MW3

MW2 > MW3

1) the game-play is completely the same

2) the graphics are completely the same

* But seriously, MW3 is basically an expansion of MW2, with limited to no changes

3) AND they still have the kids playing it

* say they are s***, all hell breaks loose :P

4) It still has good server stability as MW2 did

BFBC2 > BF3

1) game modes are still the same besides team death-match added, maps are incredibly larger and destruction among all, was majorly improved

2) Updates are severely f***ing around with origin and PunkBuster on BF3, BFBC2 did not have such issues and if they did, rarely

3) I dislike the web browser - server browser, and so do many others. They should have kept it alike BFBC2, when they launch the game first!

4) Server stability from BFBC2 had very little problems, BF3 is receiving a lot complaints

Discuss...

Well I agree with the update,,but BFBC2 was a complete disappointment to me being a battlefield fan.That was a game obviously trying to compete with COD(which it indeed win) In terms of being a good game,,but BFBC2 being better then BF3 I don't think so.I felt on BC you had VERY VERY little control over the battlefield,,most maps were straight lines.Also the fact taking away prone was very disappointing.It felt more like medal of honer type of play,,BF3 brings back what battlefield was ALL about..not sure if you played Bf2,2142, THE GOD 1942,,but BC was a spin off so I guess it did get a good shot in,,but Most of my ex clan memebers really hated the game(kinda odd they played the hell out of it haha) But i don't think it can touch BF3 I mean for better or worse.its battlefield.But its all opinions so hay.

...yes, you will enjoy it much more. I have every COD from WoW up, and im one of those guys who kills the second he sees you, but i also have all the battlefields too, and i can tell you that from your description you will enjoy battlefield much more.

coming from call of duty, you will enjoy so many of the new aspects of battlefield, but two things will throw you off. First off, the walking is much more realistic so you cannot turn on a dime; there is a slight delay if you were to try to jolt sideways. Second, the aim-down-sights animation is not as smooth; its much improved from bfbc2 but its not CoD smooth.

Okay thanks. I guess those two little things won't put us off, we'll have to get it.