Any tips on taking on a Fog Crawler?

Stargazer09

• 2 weeks later...

So I used a highly upgraded Cryolator. The furious legendary works wonders against most of the sea creatures in the game. The downside is that it chews through ammo at a good clip. And since coolant is rare as hell in the game, making cryo ammo isn't a viable option. Buying the cryo ammo is far easier, the thing there is that it's expensive. Still, having IQF lobster or crab is a nice treat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/parrotheada1a/Fallout%204/ENH20160702151727_1_zpsl0lsccqj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any kneecapper weapon makes easy work of it, at least on Very Hard, never tried Survival.

I used a simple Kneecapper Laser Rifle. A few hits and the fog crawler goes down and unable to move. Then you just shoot it a million times while it sits there unable to hurt you. Kneecapper rifle had very little damage even fully modded, so I had to switch to bigger damage weapons to finish the job, otherwise it would have taken forever. Took down Shipbreaker with kneecapper and it was cake.

Kneecapper is kind of a cheaty weapon. Makes killing anything quite easy, as long as it can't shoot very fast. Enemies with gatling lasers are still quite dangerous even kneecapped.

A Mighty Gauss rifle from stealth worked for me. Three hits to the head, and it was food.

When surprised, "Run away"! Then sneak back later.

a behemoth takes less hits from a gauss :confused: