Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accusing someone of illicit drug taking is both an act of slander and libel. Careful with your words when talking about someone, as they may only say something about you.

Thank you for your opinion lelcat, it has been taken into consideration.

As for those with half a cognitive functioning mind and a good idea of how corporations work; the most likely result will be along the lines of an attempted cancellation of the contest whilst still undergoing a coup of the assets people "gave" nVidia. They're just spending this time working out the legality to undergo this process whilst still being protected.

I did get this in my inbox yesterday:

Customer By Email 07/22/2016 03:31 AM This supposed agent you sent made one post. Removed one of the many incorrectly done entries. Then never returned. There are so many problems here and you have decided to ignore a whole community. We might as well be back in the Rosa Parks day. Well done on advancing humanity.

Response Via Email (Ray) 08/01/2016 09:35 AM Hi Anthony,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was out of the office.

Unfortunately there is little I can do but to forward your feedback to the team responsible for the contest. They are aware of the concerns and informed us to convey to customers that they will be looking into this matter. I will certainly forward your feedback to the team.

Best regards,
Ray

I'd also like to mention this was not done by 3rd party marketing, these people do work for and represent nVidia. The man they sent to that reddit thread Ethan or whatever, can be viewed in many nVidia contest videos for e.g. the Order Of 10 they are currently running.

*crickets chirping* Such a wonderful company these nVidia guys....

To learn the number of entries and names of the winners, please visit www.geforce.com/contestwinners, after July 29. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 10 days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:

Except that no winners have been announced on that page...Nvidia must be in panic mode I guess.

To learn the number of entries and names of the winners, please visit www.geforce.com/contestwinners, after July 29. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 10 days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:

Except that no winners have been announced on that page...Nvidia must be in panic mode I guess.

I dont think you understand what it says there

@Royhr

Is the idea that Nvidia, a Borg like calculative thats only agenda is to make money at any cost. set up a contest with no intention of ever giving out the prizes that hard to believe? I mean this is Nvidia where talking about, they (or any corporation) would kidnap children and use them as slave labor if they could get away with it.

Not to say that they are hosting a contest with no intentions of paying out but it's hardly a stretch.

Wow.... You honestly believe that? Now I understand that you went to an extreme to get your point across but with that all said wouldn't they possibly be wide open to a class action law suit if they actually pulled something like that? I'm just asking? I'm not knowledgeable with law to know if that would be an option available to all of the contestants involved in the contest.