Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

yet most protesting about it are PROUD to own and use Nvidia GPUs- and that's all the hypocricy Nvidia requires.

Not me *hugs AMD Radeon card* This whole experience has completely soured me against Nvidia. The next time I look at buying, no matter how good/bad they are, I will be remembering this farce. Can't help it, it is human nature.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't test this but i think it was possible if i pick up my phone and using 4G with my own ip adress i could vote, so if i picked my parents phones its another ip vote and my friends phone and even strangers to vote.

This might be rigged.

I didn't test this but i think it was possible if i pick up my phone and using 4G with my own ip adress i could vote, so if i picked my parents phones its another ip vote and my friends phone and even strangers to vote.

This might be rigged.

Might be rigged? That's a HUGE understatement my friend lol

Nvidia's money is always designed to have a CANCEROUS effect on PC gaming by design. The contest is no different, yet most protesting about it are PROUD to own and use Nvidia GPUs- and that's all the hypocricy Nvidia requires.

Look at Nvidia announced a $1200 Pascal gaming card yesterday (yes ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS), for a stinker as poor as the first Titan card (the Kepler one)- knowing full well that shortly into 2017 Nvidia is releasing a BRAND NEW architecture that essentially clones AMD's current GCN architecture, that will make this $1200 card totally obsolete.

Does Nvidia have any guilt getting suckers to pay a fortune for massively overpriced, outdated Pascal chips when their game-changing VOLTA architecture is just round the corner? No more than it has over ruining FO4 modding with this contest.

Great, more conspiracy theories.

Anyway, that implies other companies are more 'legit'. Hint: they're not. Only difference is that Nvidia's the current butt monkey because of this contest. People's memories are ridiculously fickle, or, they have an agenda.

Guys I think you are all overlooking something.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by NVIDIA.

I think Nvidia is waiting until the voting is over to check who broke the rules and will then throw out the rule breakers.

Hilarious to watch the Bethesda/Nvidia haters going into an epic hate spiral.

Knowing Nvidia, they'd do that just so they don't have to give away as many prizes.

That's exactly why I tried to emphasise unity in this matter. At the very least we should have made nVidia pay out in full. I'm pretty disappointed in people's reactions. Would have happily invested money into the legal proceedings but only under a unified commune.

Guys I think you are all overlooking something.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by NVIDIA.

I think Nvidia is waiting until the voting is over to check who broke the rules and will then throw out the rule breakers.

Hilarious to watch the Bethesda/Nvidia haters going into an epic hate spiral.

Knowing Nvidia, they'd do that just so they don't have to give away as many prizes.

That's exactly why I tried to emphasise unity in this matter. At the very least we should have made nVidia pay out in full. I'm pretty disappointed in people's reactions. Would have happily invested money into the legal proceedings but only under a unified commune.

Stop smoking pot while reading conspiracy websites, it intensifies your paranoia.

Why would a company owning half the graphics card market be busy devising a nefarious scheme to screw 1-2 guys out of a contest prize, which is worth 1-2 graphics cards. And they sell millions of these every year.

Edited by lelcat

God forbid me but I do have to actually agree with (gulp) lelcat. :facepalm: There is no way nVidia would pull something like that over a couple of video cards or even any prize money. It's less than pocket change for them. Geeze people... Enough is enough... :no:

@Royhr

Is the idea that Nvidia, a Borg like calculative thats only agenda is to make money at any cost. set up a contest with no intention of ever giving out the prizes that hard to believe? I mean this is Nvidia where talking about, they (or any corporation) would kidnap children and use them as slave labor if they could get away with it.

Not to say that they are hosting a contest with no intentions of paying out but it's hardly a stretch.

As a major corporation, it's quite possible anyone in any control of it have no idea it's running a tiny little contest at all.

I'm up for a conspiracy theory that they purposefully hold back/push forward tech in ways that skirt the law and make it difficult (read "are ruthless) for any and all competition, with an eye towards milking the most out of customers.

This, on the other hand, most likely was set up by a smaller marketing firm specifically for small throwaway schemes just like this.