Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

But I had always wanted to make a mod ... you construct a dragon soul phylactery ...

Ooh, someone has played the Dragon Age series! :wink:

I like your idea. I seem to remember there is an area in the forum where you can "request" Mods. Perhaps if you post there, someone will take pity on us.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you hate tyrants, why not?

Paarthurnax wants to force his way of the voice on the other dragons, so they hate them.

He forces nothing. He presents the option. "Willing or no, they shall hear it!" The very notion of "forcing" is anathema to the Way of The Voice. Even Jurgen Windcaller, when he returned after his introspection and founded the Way, didn't force anything. He showed the other Tongues how their way was in error. Mainly by no-selling their own attempts to force him away until they were hoarse from the Shouting.

Seeing how Paarthurnax is left standing and Alduin is not, other dragons will begin wondering what's so special about the Way of The Voice.

It is only viewed as "tyranny" by those who don't like all those pesky rules, like Odahviing.

Another possible way of viewing it is that of offering an alternative to their need for domination and eventual demise.

Paarthurnax = Carrot

Dovahkiin = Stick (Technically, a warhammer is a stick...)

Dovahkiin: "Yo, Paarthy! Notice anything different about me?"

Paarthurnax: "You... have a new suit of dragonscale armor, don't you?"

Dovahkiin: "Yup!"

Paarthurnax: *sigh* "I was wondering why 'Chases-Many-Crunchies' hadn't shown up for my recent lectures..."

Another possible way of viewing it is that of offering an alternative to their need for domination and eventual demise.

Paarthurnax = Carrot

Dovahkiin = Stick (Technically, a warhammer is a stick...)

Dovahkiin: "Yo, Paarthy! Notice anything different about me?"

Paarthurnax: "You... have a new suit of dragonscale armor, don't you?"

Dovahkiin: "Yup!"

Paarthurnax: *sigh* "I was wondering why 'Chases-Many-Crunchies' hadn't shown up for my recent lectures..."

I lol'd. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Paarthurnax has been a tremendous help to not only the Nords but the human race as a whole. Without his help, it's very likely that the humans never would have defeated Alduin the first time around, or even the 2nd time during the events of Skyrim. As the Dovahkiin, I am willing to forgive Paarthurnax's earlier transgressions because I realize how important he is to defeating Alduin.

The Blades, while perhaps noble, are a leftover institution from a bygone era. Their original mission was to protect the Emperor Tiber Septim and his heirs and do their bidding. That lineage is gone. The Empire no longer accepts them. They're too fanatical in their goal to destroy all dragons that they fail to realize how much of an asset Paarthurnax really is. And with their heritage in mind, they really have no place in Skyrim...they were never really a Nordic-based group.

I appreciate their attempts to seek out justice against Alduin. I sympathize with their plight and persecution from the Thalmor. But I think they're overzealous and way too focused on vengeance when it comes to killing Paarthurnax, so I never support them on that decision.

Edited by Padre86

If you hate tyrants, why not?

Paarthurnax wants to force his way of the voice on the other dragons, so they hate them.

He forces nothing. He presents the option. "Willing or no, they shall hear it!" The very notion of "forcing" is anathema to the Way of The Voice. Even Jurgen Windcaller, when he returned after his introspection and founded the Way, didn't force anything. He showed the other Tongues how their way was in error. Mainly by no-selling their own attempts to force him away until they were hoarse from the Shouting.

Seeing how Paarthurnax is left standing and Alduin is not, other dragons will begin wondering what's so special about the Way of The Voice.

It is only viewed as "tyranny" by those who don't like all those pesky rules, like Odahviing.

That because they are dragons. They are not humans with laws and politics. That an oddity for them.

So in my second save, I thought hard and long, which one was the most useful to me of all?

I didn't link it before, but Odahviing came up in my mind. The dragon that pretty much became my b&@*$. Takes me anywhere I want, fights anything I wish and happily serves me without shame. When I killed parr in that save, he said he was happy to serve me without any bindings.

That closes the case for me.

Edited by Boombro