Do you plan to switch to Skryim remastered/special edition?

Crossforge

Are you planning to play Skyrim Remastered/Special Edition?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be making the switch?

• Yes, I'll be switching over
    • No, I'm planning to stick to the older version

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is this?

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel i5-750/AMD Phenom II X4-945
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 470 1GB /AMD HD 7870 2GB
    • Storage: 12 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB /AMD R9 290 4GB
    • Storage: 12 GB available space

For built in ENB-preset? I can get one looking 10 times better which requires much less power. Game from 2011 simply can't have these specs...

Edited by Signette

The mod that would expand things the most for console players, Interesting NPCs, will not be ported simply because Bethesda will not be hosting any files larger than 2GB. Guess that sort of proves the "elite" nature of PC gameplay. We've got the best and you've got the rest. :thumbsup:

Tsk tsk tsk! It's crass to show off simply 'cause we are better.

lol I'm kidding.

Well...as far as SKSE, I'm positive that the team will update/adapt it, I'm not given a reason not to think so. As for the mods using those...I suppose that is up to the modders themselves and whatever route they want to take.

I don't know how things will get handled with the whole Beth.net, though. I mean, after last time.

Guest deleted2347999

I originally played Skyrim for like 30 hours when it first came out but eventually dropped it before any of the DLCs came out. I tried to give it a new look this year but couldn't get the stability and framerates where I wanted them to be due to the limitations of the 32-bit engine. I'll miss Sky UI and SKSE but I think the special edition will finally bring consistent stability for me (Fallout 4 is very stable for me with over 200 mods) which wins the day for me in the end. I'll finally experience the DLC content so I will have plenty to keep me busy while they sort out the kinks converting mods over to the SE.

Plus I just want to see Skyrim with volumetric lighting and the new shaders which will make it even prettier. FO4 of course doesn't have the most technically impressive graphics out there, but it did look stunning every now and again in the right locations and lighting conditions.

If the porting was very simple (open in the new ck.) that will be super. I can simply update all my mods in day one.

if your mods doesn't use skse or animations then yes its that simple to port your mods to remaster.

what do you mean "open in the new ck"?

I don't have much experience with the CK, but the way you make it sound its as if you just open it and click "file->open->saveas 'newtexturemod'", which I don't think you mean. Can you explain?

Also, say its nov 1, I have my remastered skyrim installed, can I just begin downloading mods from the nexus, loading them through the creation kit (for lack of better understanding on what this really means), and modding my new installation using mod manager? Of course as long as they don't use SkyUI, SKSE or animations?

How long will it take for the Modders to transfer all the mods into SR quality?

That will depend on a lot of factors including (but not limited to) how interested the mod authors are in re-writing their mods for the new edition, how much time they have, how complex the mod is, etc. etc.

For example: The Silverlock team (makers of SKSE) have indicated that they will start work right away on an updated SKSE. So we can expect to see a new SKSE within a few weeks of the release of the new game. On the other hand, one of the mod authors for SKYUI has said that neither he nor the others have time to update their mod. So unless someone else is willing to jump in and do all the re-write work in the Creation Kit that updating would require, it is unlikely we will see an updated SKYUI for quite some time, if ever.

With notable exceptions such as SKYUI, expect really popular/heavily endorsed mods to get updated sooner than most others. Expect simpler mods (followers, items, homes) to be updated before more complex ones (whole location overhauls, campaigns, new worldspaces.)

I don't have much experience with the CK, but the way you make it sound its as if you just open it and click "file->open->saveas 'newtexturemod'", which I don't think you mean. Can you explain?

Also, say its nov 1, I have my remastered skyrim installed, can I just begin downloading mods from the nexus, loading them through the creation kit (for lack of better understanding on what this really means), and modding my new installation using mod manager? Of course as long as they don't use SkyUI, SKSE or animations?

I believe it's a bit more complex than just opening the mod in the Creation Kit. I'd like someone with serious CK chops (you know, who's actually MADE mods) to step in here and explain it in a bit more detail if possible. I'm curious too.

SOME mods (the really simple ones) should work just fine with SE without having to re-write them in the CK. As to whether you can "install" them right now before the game goes live -I doubt it, but I honestly don't know. Again, could someone answer that definitively? I'm curious about that as well.

If the porting was very simple (open in the new ck.) that will be super. I can simply update all my mods in day one.

if your mods doesn't use skse or animations then yes its that simple to port your mods to remaster.

there is now nexus news regarding this on front page of nexus. all original skyrim file formats are compatible with remaster except animations and skse and skyui requirements all you have to do is extract your old bsa archive ( if you have bsa archive from mods ) then load up new ck, save and then re-pack into new archive. there aren't currently tools that converts old nif files into newer format which remaster uses but older one are still compatible.