Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a reasonably healthy individual who didn't admit that Lauren Bacall, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot were all representative of great beauty.

I do disagree that beauty relies at all on fads.

The greek sculptor Periklitus set the standard of aesthetic perfection when he gave us the canon about 450 bce; interestingly enough a recent study bore this out.

Many other studies have noted a hip to waist ratio that is a common standard of feminine desirability across all cultures.

http://www.telegraph...esearchers.html

Quite franky I think all these "studies" are just a bunch of bull. Before models, women who were chubby in the middle were seen as being very beautiful. Look at all the old statues of women seen to be beautiful. Before Lauren Hutton, before Twiggy...women had no shame in carrying weight around her middle because it showed she was healthy.

This ratio from hips to waist sounds very 20th century to me. I don't care how so called primitive the men were who they interviewed, they are still from our time and have been influenced by our way of thinking. For the life of me, I cannot see a very skinny woman as being attractive in the days before supermarkets and fast food. There were just way too many too skinny women because food was scarce and the rich women were milky white..because they didn't have to work or be in the sun and tan and they were chubby in the middle...I'm pretty sure the chubby went all the way back to BC days.

As for what a woman looks like and what is considered beautiful..in this day and age it's hard to find true beauty because society is being forcefed to see and think what is beautiful by huge corporations wanting to sell us their products and manipulating real women into fantasy dolls with photoshop, lighting and brilliant make up artists and designers.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One person may see freckles as an imperfection and ugly while the next may see beauty in freckles. Some see large eyes as being attractive, others don't. It's really hard to define beauty because it's not the same for everyone.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do disagree that beauty relies at all on fads.

I'm only saying that the criterion seems to be affected by fads.

say this is the default range of beauty

[__________________________________________________________________________________]

everything within that is beauty, now along comes a fad with guidelines that dictates to society what is beautiful, and all of a sudden the range gets changed

because a fad dictates it. I'm not saying the ACTUAL REAL definition of beauty is changed, I'm saying that fads demand that the scope be changed in their favor until the fad goes away.

So now, because of a fad

[__________________________[__________________________________]_____________________]

the overall range of beauty, gets temporarily reduced by the fad, (Due to the demands and myopic nature of fads) to the orange area.

Many other studies have noted a hip to waist ratio that is a common standard of feminine desirability across all cultures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1539035/Men-lust-for-hourglass-curves-say-researchers.html

Sir Mix-a-lot agrees. (I HAD to, the comedian in me damanded I use that)

Now, please don't take this as sexist etc, but I'm working on a Science degree, and we have to talk about this in an analytical way in Biology etc,

The Waist to hip ratio is understandable and probably extremely ingrained in all of us over millions of years as Mammals in the fact that in nature a certain hip ratio would

be desirable for ease of birth, reproduction etc....which in turn, being a desirable trait also turns it into an attractive trait.

To me it's just another pressure for women to starve themselves to death, have ribs removed and plastic surgery. I am sick to death of hearing how I'm just not good enough because I dont' look like Angeline Jolie and I don't have the body of J Lo. Really sick of it, guys. Fed up.

Men just won't stop upping the ante' of their unrealistic expectations of women. I'm pretty tired of it.'

Have you guys looked in the mirror lately. I mean, really. Most of you are just average..and I'm being kind in saying that. Your bodies aren't hard and muscular enough. Most of your measurements just don't measure up for me, if you know what I mean...what is up with that anyway? Your asses aren't as tight as they should be. You're either not hairy enough or too hairy. You go freaking bald by the time the kids are going to junior high school, if not a lot sooner. A lot of you just don't have enough war scars. Your skin is too much like a baby's butt...very feminine. Also, your voices aren't deep enough...your hair doesn't smell good enough, your armpit hairs are too curly..the back hair is just plain old gross.

And I did a study that reveals that women are most attracted to men who are shaped like V s. Unfortunately most of you are shaped like lumpy cream of wheat.

Women, can I get some input here on what is required for a man to be "handsome" and desirable? I mean ... since we are nit picking at women and beauty and all the things we should be according to mens' never ending demands and expectations.. I think it's only fair we should start making our own demands and expectations.

Sorry about this rant but really, this started out as a conversation about guys playing girls because they want to look at their asses while they're playing (what ever) and now it's turned into a beauty contest among ideas on what makes a woman beautiful.

Um, we're people..okay. We have hearts and souls. We are not dolls. Do you mind if I have a brain, heart and soul and am not judged on my out ward appearance to determine my worth and value or is that asking too much?

To me it's just another pressure for women to starve themselves to death, have ribs removed and plastic surgery. I am sick to death of hearing how I'm just not good enough because I dont' look like Angeline Jolie and I don't have the body of J Lo. Really sick of it, guys. Fed up.

Men just won't stop upping the ante' of their unrealistic expectations of women. I'm pretty tired of it.'

Have you guys looked in the mirror lately. I mean, really. Most of you are just average..and I'm being kind in saying that. Your bodies aren't hard and muscular enough. Most of your measurements just don't measure up for me, if you know what I mean...what is up with that anyway? Your asses aren't as tight as they should be. You're either not hairy enough or too hairy. You go freaking bald by the time the kids are going to junior high school, if not a lot sooner. A lot of you just don't have enough war scars. Your skin is too much like a baby's butt...very feminine. Also, your voices aren't deep enough...your hair doesn't smell good enough, your armpit hairs are too curly..the back hair is just plain old gross.

And I did a study that reveals that women are most attracted to men who are shaped like V s. Unfortunately most of you are shaped like lumpy cream of wheat.

Women, can I get some input here on what is required for a man to be "handsome" and desirable? I mean ... since we are nit picking at women and beauty and all the things we should be according to mens' never ending demands and expectations.. I think it's only fair we should start making our own demands and expectations.

Sorry about this rant but really, this started out as a conversation about guys playing girls because they want to look at their asses while they're playing (what ever) and now it's turned into a beauty contest among ideas on what makes a woman beautiful.

Um, we're people..okay. We have hearts and souls. We are not dolls. Do you mind if I have a brain, heart and soul and am not judged on my out ward appearance to determine my worth and value or is that asking too much?

Don't blame men, blame the fashion industry, an industry dominated by women.

;-) I think you just hit the nail on the head with that comment. It's not because men want to stare at a womans ass at all that they play as girls. But because if we play muscled, sixpacked hunks we simply get jealous. It will remind us we should actually be in the gym working on our own sixpack instead of gaming, growing a beerbelly and being lazy ;-) ;-)

But seriously, does it not go both ways? If i listen to the comments of girlfriends about what the ideal man should be and how he should look it's just as unrealistic as expecting every woman to look like a super model or moviestar. Men have the same problem as women as far as the commercially idealised look is concerned it's not achievable for 95% of people.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a reasonably healthy individual who didn't admit that Lauren Bacall, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot were all representative of great beauty.

But also a good example of beauty ideals being subject to change. Especially when it comes to hairstyles and makeup. And we're talking about a relatively short period of about 40 years.

Especially the 70ies with the overdone silvery or blueish eye shadows nowadays make me question how I could ever find that beautiful. Yet I did, I know I did when I was in my teens. But from todays standpoint it reminds me of dead fish or even zombies. Same goes for the hairstyles, towering constructions that made their entrance in the mid 60ies.

Well, I like girl's part. I like ass more than breast.

Same reason I play the online game as a female PC.

I keep my own volition in Online Game, that when asked what my sex is I would always tell them i'm male.

Also, I do not want to spend 30 hours gameplay in 3rd person view is Skyrim while looking at another male body part.

I am sick to death of hearing how I'm just not good enough because I dont' look like Angeline Jolie and I don't have the body of J Lo. Really sick of it, guys. Fed up.

Interesting. I actually prefer some level of imperfection in what I find attractive or "beautiful". Makes them seem more real to me because, well, they are. While I do think Angelina Jolie is very attractive, I also think she has this sort of dark charisma which certainly factors into the equation, at least for me, so it isn't based strictly on visual. I don't really use women like that as a gauge for what beauty is and what it isn't, though. I just see her as one example of it, but not necessarily the ultimate example. There is no ultimate example. Two random women, two pieces of art, two songs, etc can look (or sound) vastly different from one another and still be beautiful in ways that the other could not achieve, and vice versa.

Either way, beauty is such an abstract concept that it's impossible to quantify or completely define, so it's one of those debates, like religion or politics, that has no real end, and, judging by the last few pages, can cause a fair amount of irritation among the differing viewpoints of it.

Edited by Karasuman