Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

Probably has to do with what your attracted to or how you see gaming. I'm a girl attracted to girls so I play a girl. I know a lot of girls who play gay guys and a lot of guys who play gay girls and a whole mix of both with bi characters. Very rarely do I see a straight genderbending though. (as in a guy playing a girl refusing all girl on girl action for a straight only storyline and vice versa for girls) People who role play or consider their character an extension of themselves seem to have very different reasons for genderbending/not understanding genderbenders. Not that all rp-ers or immersionists do, but at a hardcore level you could see their thinking. Although in skyrim it hardly matters, since hot Mara'ing action is profitable at best.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ OP. I honestly play both somewhat equally. I play a female character mainly because I have a thing for assassin's and rangers. An Ashen female Ranger makes for one helluva looker in my opinion. I detest the sight of the male form, and prefer the female form. Not that I'm jerking off or get my rocks off from a game, I just think a female looks better. But, then I have my moments where I'd really just love to run in with my Einherjar and Battleaxe and bleed some F***ers. So it depends on my mood as for who I play. If I'm in a sorta non-confrontational, "would rather shoot you from the shadows" mood, I play a girl. If I want to bash your skull in, I play a guy. Really just for looks.

My wife came to the conclusion that it's Barbies for guys (saw that mentioned earlier). What inspired her to comment was the disproportionate amount of armor and cloths. I play male characters in Skyrim, but I grew up playing with GI Joe action figures and would play dirty Barbies with the girls next door.

I have played female characters more often than male with Oblivion and FO3, but for some reason I switched to primarily male with Skyrim. I'm thinking that the it's because I tend to prefer hack and slash, rather than archer and mage. With FO3, it was all about the guns, baby. With Skyrim, it's splitting skulls with a two hander.

The only reason I'm playing a female character on this playthrough is because I've played a male on the others. Some things change, like having more damage or better prices towards the opposite sex, which I have to figure out how to work with since I'm used to finding female vendors. The better damage is nice since most enemies (from what I have seen) are males. Plus I wanted to see if anything important or interesting dialogue changed because of the sex change. I play in first-person the whole time, and I don't have any (for lack of a better term) skimpy mods like revealing clothing or nudity or whatever, so that argument is invalid against me.

I'm male, but for 3rd person games, I usually always play a female character when given a choice. Partly for all the reasons that have already been stated, some were right on the money.

• I do prefer to stare at female characters all day than male.
  • I am attracted to females so I do prefer to play what I'm attracted to.
  • I do like to admire my attractive female character, dress her up in sexy outfits, make her prettier with make-up, make her more attractive. Like a Barbie. I suppose she is my virtual dolly, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
  • I suppose I do enjoy when an attractive female character is under my complete control, though I don't think this is a "twisted social paradigm" or anything that came from the media.
  • Some games, like SR3, you can make the female very attractive and it has good boob physics so I like seeing her run around with her jiggly bits jiggling in tight-fitting outfits. I don't think that makes me pervy, I think that just makes me normal.

Those aren't the only reasons though. Part of it is also because I like a strong female character. I don't think women should be tied down to gender roles. I like seeing a woman kick ass, not just in games, but in real life too, and I don't mean physically kicking ass, but I like to see women kick ass in their jobs, careers, science, math, and other typically male-centric roles. I love my workplace because we have an unusually high proportion of women in IT compared to other employers, and they are just as skilled programmers, if not more skilled, than many of their male counterparts. Even the department coordinator is a very capable woman who I respect very much. My wife started out doing clerical work, nothing more than a high school education, but went to college as an adult student, graduated c** laude, and worked her way up from support to QA at a software company. She has had to deal with a lot of sexism in IT, but managed to rise above it, and I'm very proud of her and admire her very much! So in gaming, I like a strong female character, who is kicking ass and rising through the ranks.

All that said, in Skyrim I'm actually playing a male character. Partly because I play in 1st person view so I hardly ever see him, I knew he'd have female followers for me to enjoy anyway, and because I knew beforehand that there is marriage in the game and I wanted my character to marry a woman. It didn't occur to me at the time to use a female character and have her be lesbian. If I were to start over, I would probably go that route because I have no problem with gay relationships whatsoever.

Could you explain to me a bit of whats behind your wanting to play as a female character?

I have no urge what so ever to play as a female and am kind of interested in seeing what drives people to do so...?

i don't know look at some of the mods and think about it

look at some of the mods and think about it LOL!

I dont think so, usally my female character go around in ebony fullset, not much in the skimpy armor :) maybe female only ebony armor, but usally a full set (if you want to search the Leere armor)

I play both male and female characters. On one of my machines I play a guy on the other I play a woman. I myself am a male who identifies as bisexual. That, however, has nothing to do with why I chose to play this way. I just want to see if the game is different from the male or female character perspective. It is not about seeing the character as I am usually in first person mode. When I play all my characters I like to make them underdogs in some way. either really small and scrawny or ugly as sin. I am not concerned about creating some intentional plan for my characters though. I have a tendency to go with the flow. Right now one of my characters, the female, runs around in a pack of deadly vixens with Lydia, Jenassa and Uthgerd all in tow. My male character on the other PC is a loner who rides a mammoth..

One thing for certain is that none of it is premeditated though. I have logged about 500 hours of game time and have been through a slew of male and female characters as I have been working out the kinks in my mod collections. BTW, my female Character is a Space wolf from the 40K mod who traveled to Tamriel because of her obsession with becoming a Werewolf.

Edited by Netromon

• 2 weeks later...