ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Site redesign - sneak peek - part 1

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #41272545. #41272865, #41272980, #41273020, #41273330 are all replies on the same post.

alt3rn1ty wrote: It looks like Bethesda.net - And people are wanting somewhere to get away from that awful mess

Why does the site need favourites "on site", when every browser we use has bookmarks which do the same job ?
Ladez wrote: Because my browser bookmarks are already cluttered with hundreds of links. Having on-site favorites would save me from a ton of hassle.
}{ellKnight wrote: So you can quickly access your the nexus site for your games quickly. The current site already has such a feature (been there for a while), just hover over the nexusnetwork button in the upper right corner of the page bellow your name.

Personally I prefer to not fill my bookmarks with subpages I can already easily access.
disi30 wrote: I still don't know what Bethesda.net is supposed to be.
There is just a bunch of pictures, no forum, no content whatsoever.
Sulhir wrote: Also site-side bookmarks don't disappear if you change browsers.

hmm yep I just realised its probably better for pads and phones too

I think the navigation bar is going to be a bit better design than current Edited by Guest

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks very nice and extremely well done! I especially like the favorites bar for games. I am wondering however if the amount of favorites could be increased? I do think eight is a reasonable number but there are those of us that have far more games they mod. Or perhaps there could be a sub favorites list? where people can save the ones they use a little less? Anyway, fantastic work and I can't wait to see the new site in it's full glory.

In response to post #41270645. #41271765, #41272525 are all replies on the same post.

shingallon wrote: Gonna be honest, I'm not digging it, but mainly because I find "perfect boxes of single flat color/no gradients" to be about the ugliest damn design choice anyone can make. It's the visual equivalent of plain toast.
Why no, I'm not a fan of Windows 10's UI, why do you ask?
Bonechip wrote: Agreed. Not a fan of the "Tiles".

I prefer a condensed easy-to-read list like it currently is.
Galejro wrote: It's kind of a trend with everything these days, Look at every game and website past 2010, everyone goes for this straight oversimplified bland max 3 colour square design. It has it's advantages, but it has absolutely no style. A website or a game is no longer recognisable by it's UI, and UI is something you sometimes see more than the game itself.

Hopefully there's a tile/list view mode, because the Nexus loads pretty slow for me sometimes, and this would just bog it down even more.

I really dislike this design on ANY site.

OK, I REALLY like the News article layout, very easy to read.

I also really like the "Favorites"

Is it safe to assume if you pick a game, say Fallout 3, that the tab/tile layout will then only show random and top files for Fallout 3?

Also, will they be able to be sorted by name/number of downlaods/last updated etc?

Because honestly, I have a very hard time finding anything on a tiled page.

When I use Amazon or Newegg, I always set the page from Tiled to LIST, because I can manipulate the list to give me the results I want in the order I want.

Tiles always seem to be a mishmosh and as I said, I find it difficult to find anything because the text in each tile is so far apart from the text in the other tiles around it.

It's much easier to read

Mod title 1

Mod title 2

Mod title 3

Mod title 4

for me than

Mod title 1....................Mod title 2....................Mod title 3

Mod title 4....................Mod title 5....................Mod title 6

Much more efficient and much less eye movement involved in reading a list, than a bunch of spread out tiles across and down the entire page.

Edited by HadToRegister

A useful feature to add would be more precise user defined time frame parameters when searching under either "Advanced Search" or "Top Files".

Under Top Files, users are currently restricted to "all time", "the last 2 weeks", and "recently added", and under Advanced Search they are restricted to "all time", "past 24 hr", "past week", "past 2 weeks", "past month" and "past year"

I'd like to see those restrictions either replaced, or at least expanded, to include specific start & stop dates as input by the user, such that the following is possible:

sort by: endorsements; descending

Release Date start: 1 june 2014

Release Date stop: 15 feb 2016

I'd also like the option to substitute Release Date start/stop with Last Updated start/stop like this:

sort by: downloads; descending

Last Updated start: 1 june 2014

Last Updated stop: 15 feb 2016

Advanced Search and Top Files are already very powerful Nexus tools, and I'm thankful for that. They're just missing that one last piece to make it perfect, in my opinion.

Edited by vlainstrike

I also have to be honest. I don't like it.

It just looks like a Bethseda launcher/Steam workshop clone right down to the search drop down boxes. The grey looks horrible. Can't we just update the one we have now and not follow the look of every other distribution website?

Edited by arkoftruth

In response to post #41272325. #41274465 is also a reply to the same post.

J Allin wrote: If it aint broke, don't fix it... ;)
pedantic wrote: Sage advice :)

Which must have been told more than a year ago, before the hundreds of hours hard work :)

In response to post #41274875.

vlainstrike wrote: A useful feature to add would be more precise user defined time frame parameters when searching under either "Advanced Search" or "Top Files".

Under Top Files, users are currently restricted to "all time", "the last 2 weeks", and "recently added", and under Advanced Search they are restricted to "all time", "past 24 hr", "past week", "past 2 weeks", "past month" and "past year"

I'd like to see those restrictions either replaced, or at least expanded, to include specific start & stop dates as input by the user, such that the following is possible:

sort by: endorsements; descending
Release Date start: 1 june 2014
Release Date stop: 15 feb 2016

I'd also like the option to replace Release Date start/stop with Last Updated start/stop like this:

sort by: downloads; descending
Last Updated start: 1 june 2014
Last Updated stop: 15 feb 2016

Advanced Search and Top Files are already very powerful Nexus tools, and I'm thankful for that. They're just missing that one last piece to make it perfect, in my opinion.

Don't forget sorting by "LAST UPDATED"

I use that one A LOT