Site redesign - sneak peek - part 1

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #41268885. #41269455, #41269515, #41270195, #41270680, #41271055, #41271230 are all replies on the same post.

EnaiSiaion wrote: Yay the site is usable on phones! <3
vault75 wrote: Why would you download a mod on a phone?
piotrmil wrote: Perhaps to monitor one's page, or respond to comments? Although god knows how can one do that on a non-existent keyboard.
MokChaoticran wrote: I typed up an essay for one of my courses on my phone man, it's more feasible than you'd think.
Sacremas wrote: The site is usable on smartphones now, I used it during my holidays a week ago, made a post on Ordinator's pages and all. It just requires a LOT of zooming and messing around. And yes, typing can be painful, especially with autocorrect enabled on another language. X(
Corpsehatch wrote: @Sacremas - I sometimes post comments on mods while on break at work. Not the most ideal thing to do from a phone.
Chinamann wrote: @vault75

Maybe not download but browsing new files? That's what I do on work. Our proxy doesn't allow me to access nexus via the company's internet connection.

Ever heard of Word Flow, Swype or SwiftKey? Only sadomasochists type letter by letter, swiping is much faster.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #41270645.

shingallon wrote: Gonna be honest, I'm not digging it, but mainly because I find "perfect boxes of single flat color/no gradients" to be about the ugliest damn design choice anyone can make. It's the visual equivalent of plain toast.
Why no, I'm not a fan of Windows 10's UI, why do you ask?

Agreed. Not a fan of the "Tiles".

I prefer a condensed easy-to-read list like it currently is.

In response to post #41271475. #41271555 is also a reply to the same post.

mysticentity wrote: Looking really good.
I'm a bit hesitant about the download link right in the mod browsing section only because that could lead to more angry/confused/silly comments directed at the mod authors because the downloader didn't read the description to fully understand what he/she/they were downloading.
CreeperLava wrote: Agreed, I said the same thing a few posts below :).

You say that as though anyone reads the descriptions even after clicking through to the mod page...

Looks very clean and professional! I like it for the most part.

The only thing I don't really like (at all) is that there is going to be an option to download mods without ever visting the mod page/description. People already have trouble reading description pages, so giving them even less incentive to read them is not a good idea I'd say.

In response to post #41271050. #41271215 is also a reply to the same post.

unforbidable wrote: Seriously, Paul, your work looks very professional. And you are not twelve. So I don't understand why you'd start a video with a very laud sound. My guess is you don't use headphones? Other than that, 10/10.
Dark0ne wrote: Hahaha, don't worry, I'll make sure a few changes are made before the next one :D

I know someone who is quite good at editing/video creation if you or Paul ever need some help.

In response to post #41269180.

CreeperLava wrote: I like the new design a lot, good work !
A few suggestions :
- Add a way to make advanced searches directly from the toolbar (with the possiblity of adding cumulative search filters, like eg search for a name and an author and a game). This could be done with a simple gear button at the right of the Search button.
- I like GuerillaTech's idea of changing the color scheme of the website. Similarly to how the color scheme changes with each game in the current Nexus design, you'd be able to choose what you prefer.
- The " Download Mod" feature, directly from a thumbnail on the main page isn't a good idea. People already don't read descriptions a whole lot, this encourages even more laziness. Mod authors will suffer the most from this, since they will be the ones users will come to complain when the mod (unsurprisingly...) doesn't work.
Besides, how do you manage mods that have multiple main files ?

On your last point, mod authors can add a NMM button to download the 'main' file now, a file you specify as the desired main download. You can also remove that button but leave it on the files, forcing the users to at least go to the files tab.

Looks great and very professional. Not forgetting very clean too. Although 1 (or 2?) things that annoys me are the top bar where the logos are and the bottom footer where the logos are also are not centralized vertically.

Overall I'll say 10/10 except for the minor stuffs.