[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

Well, I am happy to say I am done making the basement now. All that's left is expand it one more room and it will match the floor above. These are some screenshots of the finished floor.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2121/tesv2011113019134326.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2330/tesv2011113019135540.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4183/tesv2011113019140618.jpg

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/574/tesv2011113019141429.jpg

I made a secret room using the suspicious cabit and the door wall. It looks pretty nice. The first one is a regular wardrobe and the last one is the suspicious one.

Edited by sirxazor

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am happy to say I am done making the basement now. All that's left is expand it one more room and it will match the floor above. These are some screenshots of the finished floor.

I made a secret room using the suspicious cabit and the door wall. It looks pretty nice. The first one is a regular wardrobe and the last one is the suspicious one.

Is there any way you could put that into a .esp for us newbs? I've successfully managed to make an entire smithing room, skyforge and all but I think the basement is beyond the amount of time I have to learn the creation. If not, it's cool. Just wishful thinking.

That looks great! :D

I decided to give this stuff a go today (mainly because the glitched out wall near the mannequins was annoying me bad). I managed to fix that, re purpose the "bedroll room" into a fully functional blacksmith/forging room (along with symmetrically placed dragon head plaques and a couple working chests), and added various candles/ to the whole first floor. I really got inspired by what you're doing after I was finished, so I decided to do something somewhat similar. Except, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to create a "cavern" of sorts under the house. If all goes well I eventually plan to utilize that "hidden room" as an elevator down to the cavern.

I play the game as if I'm a medieval-ish Batman of sorts (I'm in the process of modifying the Nightengale armor/hood to get the look I want without killing the original aesthetic) and I'm hoping I can eventually create a somewhat functional "batcave".

So... I guess I just wanted to say thanks for the info and inspiration.

BTW: would you happen to know a resource where I can lookup the object codes of all the useful room building models? I've been using the ones posted earlier in the thread, but I'm looking for more variation as I get lower beneath the house. I can't figure out TESsnip for the life of me ^^; I can wait on the really intricate stuff... but I'd love to at least get the codes for the doors and stairs for now.

Edited by WGSXFrank

That looks great! :D

I decided to give this stuff a go today (mainly because the glitched out wall near the mannequins was annoying me bad). I managed to fix that, re purpose the "bedroll room" into a fully functional blacksmith/forging room (along with symmetrically placed dragon head plaques and a couple working chests), and added various candles/ to the whole first floor. I really got inspired by what you're doing after I was finished, so I decided to do something somewhat similar. Except, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to create a "cavern" of sorts under the house. If all goes well I eventually plan to utilize that "hidden room" as an elevator down to the cavern.

I play the game as if I'm a medieval-ish Batman of sorts (I'm in the process of modifying the Nightengale armor/hood to get the look I want without killing the original aesthetic) and I'm hoping I can eventually create a somewhat functional "batcave".

So... I guess I just wanted to say thanks for the info and inspiration.

BTW: would you happen to know a resource where I can lookup the object codes of all the useful room building models? I've been using the ones posted earlier in the thread, but I'm looking for more variation as I get lower beneath the house. I can't figure out TESsnip for the life of me ^^; I can wait on the really intricate stuff... but I'd love to at least get the codes for the doors and stairs for now.

I am uploading a video right now to show my current main floor and basement, it looks great and it has a nice feel to it. As I was looking through the architecture folder I recall seeing some models for house caves and all that, but I don't remember where. The best way for you to find ids would be to look at the meshes in a folder (once you unpack them) using TESsnip then copying the name of the desired model, and use Fallout Mod Manager to search skyrim.esp for that model (using the find option) then click on it and look for the ID.

Damn I cant wait to get home, disable the Forge mod I downloaded (Which is very good) and rebuild it myself ;)

And then go to town, must be very difficult to discipline yourselves though once you realise you have the power to spawn what you like. Looking forward to my first ever step into modding.

Question, If i screw up a reload of a normal previous game save will be as it was wont it. Also when I then hopefully one day play with the editor when it comes out will everything i have already done by console cause any issues.

And one more. Future patches, the last patch cuased me to have to reposition a lot of stuff, Is there something else I need to be aware of as a first timer that might not of been covered of in this thread to you pro's.

Thanks again, this thread is awesome.

Also I loved the idea of the best one being converted into an ESP file.

So the Dragonborn goes into renovation ;) woo hoo

Oh whats the difference between disable and markfordelete?

Damn I cant wait to get home, disable the Forge mod I downloaded (Which is very good) and rebuild it myself ;)

And then go to town, must be very difficult to discipline yourselves though once you realise you have the power to spawn what you like. Looking forward to my first ever step into modding.

Question, If i screw up a reload of a normal previous game save will be as it was wont it. Also when I then hopefully one day play with the editor when it comes out will everything i have already done by console cause any issues.

And one more. Future patches, the last patch cuased me to have to reposition a lot of stuff, Is there something else I need to be aware of as a first timer that might not of been covered of in this thread to you pro's.

Thanks again, this thread is awesome.

Also I loved the idea of the best one being converted into an ESP file.

So the Dragonborn goes into renovation ;) woo hoo

Oh whats the difference between disable and markfordelete?

forgive me about my english but i didnt get your first question, so start from the second: no if just the editor, no problem should be caused, you r using the ingame editor now lol, about the patches, could be, and depends, so just like SirX mentioned, becaureful where, what and how you build or mod your house, if future patches very "luckiiiiiily" include an Necessary Object (such as house reletive to mission) yes, it could cause some problem, usually it should just overwirte what you have already done there, which means it could just wipe your hard build estate away and replace with whats in the patch, though no promise there wont be other effects. so best way is build underground you can expend your basement very deep (try not to build wide) ofcourse, if someone work out how to build portals and create testing space (such as qasmok) we will have no trouble then. do remember F5 is gonna be your best friend