[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, actually placing in walls etc... That's beyond my knowledge so far. But I'm going to get around to that eventually! LOL!

In the meantime here is a youtube video of my most recent modifications, my second video.

It shows how I have setup some interesting things. But I searched for the walls and floor within the game but they are locked like the carpets etc. But thanks to all you guys I'm learning so MUCH!

I should really go and look up who it was who posted the pictures on Steam they were helpful.

Thanks Everyone.

Hello all. I was working on this stuff for a while, then found this forum and decided I'd contribute. I'm basically stuck at the same place as everyone else. Manniquins wont stand still and are creepy as hell. I've completely redone my first floor, adding space and redesigning the ceilings and walls. I'm also adding a fourth level, which will be a true basement, and will be my armory, alchemy space, enchanting space, and smelting/forging area. By the way, has anyone found out what "feritle ground" actually grows? I've placed it and haven't seen anything sprout out just yet. Wondering if it's a place we can actually plant our own herbs and such. Anyway, here are some screens of my redesigned first floor. It isn't nearly fully furnished yet and I still have the second and third floors to redesign as well as the true basement to build.

Here's what I've done so far with the first floor.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052665790/screenshots/

Notice the new door near the exit? There's a complete stairwell there leading down to where I will be adding the new floor with the armory/forge and all. The first floor is going to be my trophy room/library, because every hero needs a nice private library.

edit: Forgot to add, beaware that NPCs will not path through any area where a wall previously existed. My wife Sapphire would not cut the corner into the larger room on the first floor because there was a wall there previously. She would path where a door had existed and enter the area from there. If you're completely rebuilding your house, your NPCs may not move two inches from the front door of your completely rebuilt house.

Edited by Amrok

By the way, has anyone found out what "feritle ground" actually grows? I've placed it and haven't seen anything sprout out just yet. Wondering if it's a place we can actually plant our own herbs and such.

As far as I'm aware, "fertile ground" is only the name that was given to the object you're talking about because the texture looks "fertile". You can't grow plants with it, its just for looks. I'm assuming you have to spawn the plants that you want to grow and then manually place them. I'm also assuming plants will restock after a certain amount of time.

Done quite a lot of renovating in my house thanks to these commands but one thing bugs me:

How do I get display cases to work? I don't mean those "activated" ones, just plain simple cases in which I can manually put stuff like in the companions basement for example. Everytime I try placing anything in them the item just falls through as if the case wasnt there, the only part that is "solid" is the glass lid.

Also - know any IDs for good looking tables to display stuff on? The marble ones in the first post are cool but they have benches :/

THANKYOU!!!!!! This is one part of my invntory isues I have been trying to fix. I looked at the placeatme item codes but could not find the chest code. I was so tired of walking all around the property going from your chest to alchemy table then to your chest then to enchanter ect. NOw we can place a chest at our alchemy and enchanting tables as well as our forge. All we need now is a more user friendly version of the chest item list ( more like the players list with sub items). Thanks again

Great thread everybody. I just wish I had found it before I spent 2 hours last night figuring all this stuff out on my own, lol. Nothing like closing the barn door after the horse already got out is there?

Anyway, don’t know if anyone has had issues, but have you had any issues with savegame bloat? According to the wiki, using the placeatme command can cause saves to become corrupted. Although some folks have told me that it would take 1000’s of added items to cause concern. I only added a few crates for storage so it’s not likely a concern, but I was wondering if you guys doing a total makeover have noticed an increase in your savegame file? Might be worth checking.

Thanks again for the thread, lots of good info here.

Also @ Amrok: The reason they won’t path where old walls were is because the navmesh that tells them where they can go stopped where the old wall was. You’ll likely run into other areas like this, especially if you add entire rooms and what not. Also, if you place collision objects in the middle of an area that was navmeshed all around, NPC’s will likely try to walk through those objects like they weren’t there. The navmesh doesn’t know you put something there so the NPC’s think they can walk through that area unimpeded.